Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tried something new today

Tried something new today

Today I went to a restaurant across the street partially dressed. Not underdressed, not fully dressed, just a guy wearing girls casual clothes. I had on a black and white striped boatneck short sleeved shirt, a denim mini skirt, patterned black tights and black heeled booties. No bra, makeup, I didn't even shave.

On the way out I didn't encounter any neighbors in my condo building but living in the city I did see a few people on the sidewalks and cars in the street as I walked to the restaurant. I ordered my usual beer and burger and had a nice lunch. No comments, no evil glares, just a nice lunch. I had a lovely conversation with the cute female bartender about Halloween and Stranger Things TV series. I did see a neighbor taking his dog out for a walk on the way back, he just waved at me.

It was fun doing my own thing. It wasn't tied to Halloween or trying to pass or anything else. I have tons of nice "female" clothing, I just wanted to see how comfortable I would be not 100% girl mode. It was great. I think I've just opened up some new possibilities here. I still enjoy dressing 100% and I still can when I want to.FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    Rebecca Bas

Wow! I don't think I would have the nerve to try that. It sounds like you had a nice time though.

That's awsome!

Congrats on your success! Keep on keeping on! I am not that brave! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

you rock girl

Aspiring Member
    Confidence in yourself carries more weight in how others perceive you than anything else. Congrats on living your life on your terms!
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Congrats! Very brave, very cool.

I do this all the time -- only *not* with a skirt & tights.

All women's clothes while in guy-mode, but typically a hoodie or plain top in masculine colors, and either yoga pants, leggings or jeans. No heels of any kind, usually just running shoes.

I'm too chicken, otherwise.

And certain leggings can attract a bit of attention sometimes, but whatever.

Again, very daring of you. Love it!

Congratulations on going out. You look respectful and that's why people did not notice or stare. Are you in the Twin Cities?
    Tina

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That's something I could never do.
    Regardless, glad you had a positive outing.
    I get looks and questions when I wear my Utilikilt out in public; it is that, a tucked in button-up shirt, and boots.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

You look fine to me, I often go to my fave pizzeria in combo mode. They know me in femme expression and masc. expression also.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

That is the real way to be out. You have a great look. Passing, to me, is still in the closet.

Silver Member
    I'm definitely from the same school as you. If it weren't for my wife's concerns about attracting undue attention, I'd do everything in my girl clothes. Keep rockin that look!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Androgenese dressing is not a new concept but it can be intresting for sure, I've ventured out a few times in a few items that were women's but for me I just enjoy going all the way with makeup and such it's more how I prefer to present myself
    Going out just partly dressed I think just creates to many questions so, if I go out it's all girl for me

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome to the club sister I do that quite often.
    You look just fine and not a thing wrong with your outfit.
    Some here are all or nothing types and thats OK I suppose.
    They won't try it because they fear being seen by people they know and a touch of homophobia mixed in there.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-02-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Anytime I go out dressed, its with my 'guy' head. I don't do wigs or makeup, just the clothes. I go to places that are gender friendly, and how I am dressed is not an issue.
    bra, forms, Miniskirt, hose and heels are so nice to wear in public.

Banned Read only
    I disagree, if you wear a skirt or dress you should wear makeup and present as a woman. Your clothing looks nice, your face makes you look weird and not blend. It doesn't help CD acceptance. If you don't want to do your face or fully present as a woman wearing heeled boots, girl jeans and top is fine.

I agree with Debra...you were meant to be a women, so just be one

I respectfully disagree with Deebra. Wearing a skirt or dress and only presenting as fully feminine is engaging in the same masculine/feminine stereotypes many crossdressers would like to see go away. If you want to present only as fully feminine when you wear a dress or skirt, that's your choice and I think it's great. But anyone should be able to wear a dress or skirt if they want.

I enjoy being male sometimes, I enjoy presenting female sometimes, but it can be a spectrum, not one or the other. I wasn't necessarily meant to be a woman. I was meant to be me.
    Rebecca Bas

Personally I think that Androgynous is Great! I've gone out very limited in some non-masculine female attire, but living in a small rural city (barely a city) If I did this the ramifications would be very costly. And I also agree the look is clean and respectful and that has a lot to do with perception and how people treat you.

As far as the having to be in "Girl" or "Guy" mode... Sorry but I don't agree, How we present should be a reflection of who we are and the truth is that gender is a line from one gender to the other with a million points in between, and IMO it really is ridiculous that how we express our own uniqueness be pigeon holed into a binary system. To carry this concept a step farther if we really want the world to be free of gender and sexual bias we need to change the whole concept away from male / female, gay / straight etc. Since I came out to and accepted my self (and I consider myself in-between the genders towards the female side) one thing that I have found is that within the LGBT community there is just as much if not more prejudice and bias to those that don't follow the gender / sexual rules of the "Community" as there is between Straights and LGBTs. So Bravo Heisthebride in Just being Yourself! and I'm glad you are in a place where you can be that without catching a lot of grief!

Awesome. You went out and about on your terms. You don't always feel like you want to transition. Sometimes you don't want to be a woman. You just want to wear the clothes. Congratulations!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Make the most of it, winter's coming!

Seriously, respect. And I really like your hair, you lucky thing.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Bravo. This is really all I'd like to do, go out as myself, dressed in any kind of clothing I find attractive.

Awesome! You look great and you're helping to make the world safe. The more people see we're harmless and that What We Want is not to take over the world but just to have lunch in peace, the better things become.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

You look fantastic, my respects for being that brave.
    I also like your look in your profile picture.
    Dianna Ericka

While I would love to be in full girl mode and very passable, I also would like to say "I'm a guy and I can wear a skirt and tights if I want." To heck with this double standard stuff. So kudos to you for your presentation.