Thread: A funny story - with a point

A funny story - with a point

So my wife (who does not know about Becky) asked me to get her an eyeliner from the pharmacy on the way home from work recently. She told me the brand, the colour and the type. No problem, I got this - I have bought myself stacks of makeup I know my way around the makeup counter.

It was one of those large discount pharmacies, of course I can't find the section for the brand she wants. So off I go to seek help, I get directions to the correct area and of course I can't find the eyeliners. Back I go for help, the assistant gives me one of those OMG you stupid man looks and takes me to the eyeliners. No problem I grab the black, eye all the makeup I would so love to buy for myself enviously and head to the register. I hand over the eyeliner and she says to me with the most polite but yet sarcastic tone, you have the tester here. I felt like a total ditz, here was I incapable of even buying one simple black eyeliner. She went to get it for me, I paid and headed off home... you guessed it, she gave me a dark blue one. I think perhaps she did it on purpose. no sympathy from my wife at all as you can imagine.

Moral of the story if you want to buy items such as makeup, woman's clothes for yourself and really don't want the shop assistant to suspect they are for you, simply make a fool of yourself like I unintentionally did first, there was no way in 100 years that assistant would ever have thought that eyeliner was for me.

When I am shopping for Bec stuff in drab, i would much rather the assistant thought it is for me than they think I am a complete bumbling fool... but thats just me
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Silver Member
    Oh what a wicked Web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

I feel for you, having to keep your true self hidden from the one who supposedly loves you so much.

Banned Read only
    I usually write down exactly what I want when it comes to buying makeup. When it comes to lip color most brands I have bought have a number on it. Actually I found the service was better from sales associate if I first went to the person and asked for assistance.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Becky- you're not out to your wife, but your avatar shows you in public, taken by someone else- were you in your home town? Do you believe in living dangerously??

Funny story though!
    I used to have a short attention spa

I think I better tell my story, its not a very simple one...i shall do it soon.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I like to carry a piece of paper with me with the items I want on it, almost like my wife wrote it and I'm getting it. In most cases who cares what people think, but for some reason we just do.

Banned Read only
    Becky I see it differently, you are not a bumbling fool but in our CD journey you learned something, how to pick out and buy eyeliner. Take a lot of us for example, we stumbled and were shy when first buying female clothing but now I have no problem doing it.

I see by your avatar you say you are more than a CD, not quite trans and your wife doesn't know; the government could learn from you how to keep a secret.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    If I'm not sure now I will go and ask, after my great experience in Boots when I asked to be colour tested I won't hesitate to find a SA to get it right.

I guess if we act stupid they will treat us as such ! I will add the display racks are confusing, some of the products don't have obvious labels and each manufacturer has their own way of describing a product, I guess it's why they sell so many women's magazines that's where GGs get the information from before shopping.

Sometimes I wish the forum had a section called, " Ask the professional ," where we could get product advice and tips on applying it . Maybe a link could be added to do just that !

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky, I think that the SA was having fun with you......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Just what I needed to start my day. HAHAHA. We all probably have this kind of stories. Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Becky I see it differently, you are not a bumbling fool but in our CD journey you learned something, how to pick out and buy eyeliner. Take a lot of us for example, we stumbled and were shy when first buying female clothing but now I have no problem doing it.

I see by your avatar you say you are more than a CD, not quite trans and your wife doesn't know; the government could learn from you how to keep a secret.
    Deebra, the whole point was I have bought makeup for myself often and never had a problem and then the irony of messing up so badly just trying to buy one eyeliner for my wife.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec