Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Most Feminine?

The Most Feminine?

There is almost always an active thread on crossdressers.com about wedding dresses; there's one open right now. In it, many of us say that wearing a wedding dress is the most feminine thing we can wear. I'll not debate that conclusion but if not more feminine, wearing a complete ballerina outfit complete with tights, split sole shoes and of course a tutu would have to be a close second. Of course, one would have to have the body to pull that off so I'd guess that would eliminate "plus sizes" like me.

ballerina.jpg

Lacy PJs

Well, when I had my 28" waist and knew nothing of crossdressing I might have pulled it off but never again!! (Plus size also) Hugs with similar regrets! Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I agree but wouldn't it be nice

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I would have to agree, Lacy.
    Granted that I have no desire to wear a wedding dress; that blue ballerina outfit is awesome though!

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Lacy,
    The arthritis in my big toes just gave me a jolt at the thought of trying to stand on those points !

Being a ballerina would be further down my list , can't go very far wearing a tutu, might be interesting trying to drive in one, I just had the image of pushing a supermarket trolley in one , that could be fun !!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ...can't go very far wearing a tutu
    True but I don't think one would go very far in a bridal gown either!

Lacy PJs

Sandra - New Dresser
    So, I just started wearing tights at my ballet classes and, while I'm not wearing a skirt and certainly not a tutu, it's kinda amazing. Getting on point is not something I would ever hope or try to do, but just being able to point my toes and execute a lovely epaulment in a class full of women is very, well... validating. I don't always feel feminine, but I often do.

I do like some of the tutus I've seen out there. Really don't take many pics because of the same reason... I'm not exactly small!

Okay, so I have dressed in dance wear since the 80s... aerobics, dance, ballet, and now yoga...
    I just say keep it up...nice
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    One of my fave pictures is of Anna Pavlova performing in Swan Lake, had it since I was about eighteen and just loved her style. elegance and grace. I did have fantasies about getting done up as a ballerina many moons ago, and never did, much to my regret. My thing when younger was the 'air hostess' (as we used to call them) look, especially the classic 60s-70s Pan Am style.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

True, wedding dresses appear on a regular basis here on the forum. For me it's something that's never floated my boat, even less the thought of wearing a Tutu. I suppose that's something to do with achieving an everyday look, being able to be out amongst the muggles without drawing attention. I suppose that's fantasy enough for me. Each to their own.

Having a ballerina's figure would be nice though!!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    We are all beautiful when we dance - even without the fancy costumes.

I don't think a genuine classical tutu does a lot for me - if anything I prefer the romantic tutu (bell shaped) and dresses inspired by it. This being said, the most I'd wear from dancewear as daily wear would probably be a leotard worn under trousers or a skirt.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 11-02-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    They r called pointe shoes, Lacy. My boy shoe size is 9 1/2 but my ballet shoes r women's size 13-----

These r really old pics. I'll have to dig my pointes out and take some better ones!
    Grabbed Frame 319 (3) (259x460).jpg

Grabbed Frame 26 (198x480) (2).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-03-2016 at 01:13 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curiouser&Curiouser View Post
    So, I just started wearing tights at my ballet classes...
    Good for you!

Have you received any different looks from anyone, or anything said at all?

Aspiring Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong; I was always under the impression that male dancers had to wear tights (but over the leotard). When I signed up for an adult ballet course, I was asked to get a pair of tights and a sleeveless leotard. (The class eventually got cancelled due to extremely poor turnout. Snap.) For the record, I was there to hopefully cure my clumsiness.

"I was always under the impression that male dancers had to wear tights (but over the leotard)."

At least not years ago here in the US, they didn't.

My GF at the time was a member of a professional ballet company, and I used to watch rehearsals a bit sometimes.

The guys used to wear whatever they wanted... tights, no tights, under the leo, no leo, etc.

I am too "fluffy" to pull off that look. It would look like someone stuffed 20 pounds of crap into a 10 pound bag.

When I was 6 or 7 years old, my first desire to wear something femenine was the ballet thing, including tights, leotard, and tutu.
    Dianna Ericka

Sandra - New Dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    Have you received any different looks from anyone, or anything said at all?
    Probably? I'm not the most modest of people, and enjoy pushing boundaries, and as many others here have said: if you own it, almost no one will care. So, I haven't noticed anyone reacting strangely. Well, there was one girl that ran to another barre when one came available, but after a sec I realized it was a shorter barre and decided that was why she ran away, not because of my, um... dance belt.

Lily, I'm the only guy in any of our levels (there are four of us spread across 5 levels) that is currently wearing tights - one wears leggings (some people prefer footless tights anyway) one wears yoga pants with a dance shirt (probably a leotard) and the other tends to wear shorts. Adult classes tend to be much more about "come as you are" here in LA. Heck, everything's that way around here.

And, not to burst your bubble, but I had this talk with several dancers and my instructor just a couple weeks ago: dancers are often the clumsiest people you meet; they're only graceful on the dance floor!

"...one wears leggings (some people prefer footless tights anyway) one wears yoga pants with a dance shirt (probably a leotard) and the other tends to wear shorts."

Sounds like you're in good company, then.

Honestly, from what I understand, and I've mentioned this in another thread, I really don't think anyone taking ballet really gives a hoot what a guy wears (again, as long as there's at least some sort of bare minimum of modesty, relatively speaking, LOL).

In fact, given its nature, it's probably even "expected" to be wearing something along those lines. Certainly no surprise, anyway.

Hey, who knows, Curiouser... Maybe you'll be a bit of an inspiration to the other guys in your class!

The first girly outfit I wore was when my sisters dressed me in her ballerina outfit complete with tights when I was eight.

I've been hooked on dressing up ever since.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyy137 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong; I was always under the impression that male dancers had to wear tights (but over the leotard). When I signed up for an adult ballet course, I was asked to get a pair of tights and a sleeveless leotard. (The class eventually got cancelled due to extremely poor turnout. Snap.) For the record, I was there to hopefully cure my clumsiness.
    Interestingly, the ballet store I shop at does not carry skin toned tites for men!
    So, I have to buy XL women's tites.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No way this chubby girl could get anywhere close to looking right in an outfit like that.

I think I watched too much Flashdance when I was little.
    I loved leotards and legwarmers. And Porsches.
    I'm a maniac, I know.

Those outfits look so great I may have to do some shopping when I lose the weight.