Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Most Feminine?

Sandra - New Dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    No way this chubby girl could get anywhere close to looking right in an outfit like that.
    LIES!

My wife is in a ballet benefit performance, and judging by your avatar she is similarly sized to you. And she's not the largest girl. And they are wearing professionally fitted, traditional calf-length tutus in the performance.

SO GET YOUR BALLERINA ON, TRACII!

- Sandra

Aww c'mon gals! I was already agonising over what to buy for my (very small but growing) wardrobe this month - now am wanting a tutu to!

It would be lovely to wear the outfit but dont ask me to get on my toe's, no chance

Julie

Well since ballet is one of my things both enfemme and not, I can't disagree with you!! However, one of the other things I think would be one of the most expressive ways to how your femininity would be to go for/do a pregnancy look. And this is something I do want to try sometime for a photo-shoot.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I started a thread once, asking GGs, "What is femininity?"

None of the answers had anything to do with dresses....they all spoke of strength, nurturing, empowerment, compassion....all admirable qualities to be sure...

But my answer would have focused on wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, (ballarina outfits, too) high heels, lipstick, long gloves, wide skirts, satin lingerie...

Basically, I guess am not in sync with GGs as a crossdresser any more than I am when in male mode...

Quote Originally Posted by adrienner99 View Post
    Basically, I guess am not in sync with GGs as a crossdresser any more than I am when in male mode...
    From the looks of way women dress today, I'm thinking that few of us are "in sync" with GGs. We were shopping recently at a major department store and there were very few dresses to be found anywhere. And... try finding a wide selection of pantyhose or stockings nowadays. Those are pretty much staples in our community but getting rarer and rarer in the world outside.

Lacy PJs

Reality Check
    Personally, I've never had a desire to wear a wedding dress or a tutu. Either one is pretty impractical and a waste of money and closet space.

Bucket List....100 things to do before you die....just added swishing around in a wedding dress....cant wait...
    When I'm lying in my bed
    I think about life
    and I think about death
    and neither one particularly appeals to me..............Morrissey

Aspiring Member
    I suppose part of the appeal of the classical tutu is that you expose almost all your legs in it, you're wearing an extremely ornate, short and full dress associated with the pinnacle of grace and beauty. Not to forget the tights - an all too common trope this side of the Internet. Apart from ornateness I'm not too keen on it - even though to wear it once to satisfy my curiosity would still be interesting.

I will admit to liking ballet-inspired fashion: a leotard layered under a chiffon wrap skirt or a pair of denim shorts, "ballet flats" (my favourite overtly feminine shoe), tight bodices contrasted with fluffy skirts. I also like detached puff sleeves, but I don't think I can actually pull the look off. I just happen to think such fashion looks good.

I understand Classical tutus can be stored in circular bags to save as much space as humanly possible - although I think they take up way too much space when you aren't dancing.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 11-08-2016 at 06:28 PM.