Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to tell your parents u crossdress?

My parents & family (sister, brother-in-law, neice, nephew)- "And that's part of what makes you special to us"
    BTW - mums generally can tell, especially when they wash your clothes in your kit bag when on leave at the age of 19.
    Mum "whos bra and undies" me "mine", mum "well I've washed & folded them for you", me "thanks".

Have your parents ever let you down? if not then let them know and find freedom.
    If your parents are painful, anti-everything different, then I wouldn't advise telling them
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Mark, are you saying they joke about trans stuff in general, or that they joke about your behaviour or maybe body language? Do you get the feeling they are joking about you, even slightly? If you think they are, then it seems possible they already suspect you of being 'different'.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Mark, are you saying they joke about trans stuff in general, or that they joke about your behaviour or maybe body language? Do you get the feeling they are joking about you, even slightly? If you think they are, then it seems possible they already suspect you of being 'different'.
    Most of the time its about me e.g. my father calls me daughter instead of son

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hey girl, i gotta agree with alot of the posts here. Do they need to know right now? And of coarse the "mothers intuition" ...at 18 and still living home, if it was me...id hold off...what are you really gaining ? your young....have plenty of years ahead of you. My mother does not know ( i dont think) and I am currently live back at home ( i sneak around alot ) but let me explain my situation because I will be coming OUT to mom very soon.

I live at home, hardly work, i have a weekend job as a DJ and I am currently seeking full time employment. While I am staying back home, AND living rent free I decided maybe it is not a good idea to tell her. As another gal has stated this lifestyle is expensive, and one of my reasons for not telling her is because I dont want to cause issues when the fed ex man shows up with my new shoes, but deeper than that, its just not the right time. I need to be independent again.

Right now I am currently looking for a full time job, and will be going on a second interview this tuesday at Sephora. I have been going on job interviews as Adriana, because once I get a full time job , I will be full time too, I am out to everyone BUT mom, and I wont have that conversation until I land a job and I am secure.

I spoke to my sister ( lesbian) just last night about this ( she knows) and asked her what she thought about me telling her and wanted to know how mom reacted when she told her she was gay. My biggest concern was getting kicked out of the house, my sis said that prob wont happen, and she would be cool with it, especially since she has been seeing all the effort you are putting into to find a job. I just really wanted to get a read on what she thought my moms reaction would be because as of Tuesday, I may be working for Sephora, and I'm going to HAVE to tell her, because I will be working AS Adriana.

My point is I am waiting till ALL my ducks are in a row to finally let the last person in the world who does not know....FINALLY know xoxo

Side note**** If you NEED to tell SOMEONE why not start with a gal pal ? Start off small
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 11-04-2016 at 02:44 PM.

well here's what I did:

So I was going down stairs to put my tights and underwear in the wash, and as my mum walks past she's sort of eyeing what i'm carrying suspiciously, so basically what I do is as I'm walking up the staircase I say "oh and I like to wear women's clothing sometimes, don't tell anyone." "I won't" she replied, and yeah. Just thinking of that makes me feel embarrassed tbh.

Just in case your thinking of trying the same thing you should know it wasn't premeditated or anything, I wouldn't have said anything if she hadn't noticed what I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cd mark View Post
    Most of the time its about me e.g. my father calls me daughter instead of son
    Wow. But he may just be implying he thinks you're gay, rather than a crossdresser. Hard to know.

It doesn't seem like they're going to be much surprised by anything you tell them. Even so, full confirmation may not be easy for one or both of them to deal with. Can you handle that?

As a young boy I was twice caught dressing up in my sister's slips. Once by my sister who told my Mother and once by my Mother.
    Many years later after I had divorced my Mother said to me "you shouldn't get married". I think she knew and understood a lot. Sadly I didn't ask her why she thought that. Perhaps it would have led to a very deep and interesting conversation that would have educated me.

So don't underestimate what a mother knows about you. After all they have seen you go through your entire development and when you were very young you would have been displaying all sorts of clues about yourself and what you would be in later life. We live under the illusion that we have private lives completely hidden from the rest of the World when in truth we are more transparent than we believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    As a young boy I was twice caught dressing up in my sister's slips. Once by my sister who told my Mother and once by my Mother.
    Many years later after I had divorced my Mother said to me "you shouldn't get marr.
    ied". I think she knew and understood a lot. Sadly I didn't ask her why she thought that. Perhaps it would have led to a very deep and interesting conversation that would have educated me.

So don't underestimate what a mother knows about you. After all they have seen you go through your entire development and when you were very young you would have been displaying all sorts of clues about yourself and what you would be in later life. We live under the illusion that we have private lives completely hidden from the rest of the World when in truth we are more transparent than we believe.
    Mabye I don't know if am that transparnt

Quote Originally Posted by cd mark View Post
    Mabye I don't know if am that transparnt
    Well your dad doesn't seem to have much doubt!

Hi Mark, what caught my eye reading through the thread was a little something in your answers I can't really find a word for. Certain sadness, maybe? I may be completely off, and if so, please disregard anything that follows. I would like to ask whether you are accepting of this part of yourself. As in, to put it bluntly, comfortable to admit to you that you crossdress and be happy inside?

My reasoning goes that it somehow reminded me of the time when I was ashamed of who I was I wouldn't talk much. Finding this acceptance in yourself may make your coming out to your parents just a little easier.

I retired from 30 yrs of Navy service a few years back. The year before I retired I was lunching with my Mom, talking about me, my career, my life and what I'd done (flying jets). Almost out of nowhere she said, "I am so glad the way you turned out."

It took a while for that to sink in. Obviously she and Dad expected some other outcome, and I "got it".
    As a kid, I was always a sissy through and through. Small (until a late growth spurt), weak, timid. From the earliest memories I played in Mom's clothing, makeup and jewelry never knowing if anyone else knew. I'm certain she and Dad feared I was going to grow up gay. I guess I never put it all together, but she did.

Mom knew I was (and still am in many ways), a "sissy". I have a femme side. I like girly things. Upon further reflection and finally "coming out to myself", I realized that despite my best efforts I was and am a Big F-A-G (no insult intended, please; a self assigned term of endearment), and crossdress with joy. But my Mother knew for almost 60 years and never told me.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I told my parents, sisters, and girl friend after a anxiety attack that nearly killed me. I was holding onto so much stress in my life and crssdressing helped more than anything (including meds) but it also ended up causing a lot of stress.

Telling them was the hardest thing ever, and I dont think it was worth it. I was really hoping they would love me for who I am and maybe support me, but it turned into a massive dont ask, dont tell situation. I now know crossdressing it much like a relgious belife, it helps our soal, we all wish we could share such happiness with everyone, but often it backfires.

With all that being said, I told a few close female freinds and the results have been amazing. I am so much closer with them and we get to joke about girl things like sizing, and our love of shoes, and I tell them how I respect them so much more for what they go through. I recommend finding a good friend to share with and have some laughs and maybe get in on the sisterhood of the traveling pants. I've gone shopping with these girl friends of mine and it has been the best thing ever.

Its a long time ago now, but I never told my parents even so I am certain that my mother knew. I had always thought this although nothing was ever said even after I came home and went to my room only to find my stash washed pressed and neatly folded on my bed, when I went back downstairs all I got was a knowing look from her.
    I was sixteen at the time and fifty nine when she passed away.