Thread: my trip to the ER.....tale of the stone....

my trip to the ER.....tale of the stone....

some background, wife is OK i shave my legs as long as i keep them covered, fair enough, so this year recently decided t grow out the hair to get a wax......well while at work yesterday i needed to use the john, rude awakening, got to go but got no flow WTF, so i decide to drive closer to home and go to hospital satellite location, make my way there and check in, nurse comes over and does the blood pressure thing and all and of coarse im panicking already thinking im going to need a catheter and such and will eventually be wearing a gown i would never be able to make look good....so sit around for a bit an calm down and accept the fact that one day it will happen that i will have to see a medical professional as a CD, so im resigned to the fact today is the day.

see the doc, answer all the questions, sends in the nurse and she asks if i could try to get a sample, dreading it i say sure, well she sent me off to the restroom and was able to muster up one for her but my word the pain.....give the sample, doc comes back, says i have Cystitis, it happens....OK i thought it was a kidney stone, no they give you pain in the lower back or stomach, sets me up with some scripts and on my way, finish my work day to keep my mind off the discomfort.... after many agonizing trips to the head while at work and at home i decide to sleep in the office so my wife can get some sleep. slept fairly well considering, wife went to work....i got up and had at it, class of cold water....even though its against everything you wish to do add more fluid, but doc says keep hydrated, so sleep in a little more and the urge to go creeps back, so like a lady im sittting on the john and all of a sudden its stops, then bam the dam bursts open, low and behold their was a little extra package in my urine stream, thanks doc, i passed the infection....it was about a half inch long by a quarter inch wide

but im feeling better and i got over my fear of being out while under care, it is what it is..... always read the stories of others about this happening and came as close as i ever did to it happening......if you got this far thanks for reading....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Glad everything came out OK.

I remember the fear of being "discovered" by shaving or whatever, so I empathize with you and with stories like yours. But I remember it from long ago and sometimes get a little impatient. Honestly you can shave your legs and wear shorts in public and nobody will care. A hair-free look is totally accepted these days. Be free.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I am slowly losing the hair on my legs starting at the feet. It starts back up around the top of my calf. If I wear long enough shorts it probably looks like I shave my legs. Every once in a while someone comments on the lack of hair but it is all in good fun and nobody suspects anything.

Did you take the stone to the doc and ask what it was?
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    Healthcare professionals will be professional. The last thing they care about is what you do in private. Hope you feel better.

I have been to my doc, wearing pantyhose and panties under my clothes and she checked my feet for diabetes issues. Well, there were the pantyhose right there. Didn't even bat an eye, even when I said I crossdress (obviously).

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Mikell, so glad you are OK now. Sounds like it was quite an excruciating experience with CDing being the least of your worries.

Don't worry about no hair on your legs I have never had any hair on my legs chest back or arms never had anyone other then my sister comment on it most don't pay any attention to it. hope all is well now
    hugs
    Ronda

Platinum Member

Bad Memories Revisited !

Hi Mikell, I hope that all is great for you now,

I had a VERY bad bout of kidney stones about 15yrs ago and spent 3days in the hospital and the last thing that I cared about
    was the lack of hair in places that usually have hair......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I've only ever had two people ask if I shave my legs (I've been shaving for over 5 years now), and they were both women. I like the way it looks and feels, and they are my legs, so if anyone doesn't like it...that's their problem. Much cooler in the summer, and far easier to slide into a wetsuit (I teach scuba), and they feel great. I've seen doctors, nurses, etc., and never had any type of comment. Don't worry about it...keep those legs silky smooth!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Glad to hear health wise everything is fine. I've been shaving for a long time, I can't remember ever being asked about it.

Funny true story, about 2004 I had to have a pretty big knee operation, I'm waiting in the prep area. I didn't realize this before hand, but a guy came it to shave my knee. Had shaving cream and razor in hand, took one look at the area and said, "Oh I see you already shaved it, cool". HA HA HA

I think that was the only time anyone has ever noticed, well at least said anything.

Oh I hate kidney stones. Yeah I'm glad yours came out okay. I have had a few and they hurt every time.
    Part Time Girl

Nobody cares about shaved legs. I know a couple guys that shave their legs and wear shorts in the summer. I want to ask them why, but never remember too.

I pluck and trim my eye brows. I had a guy notice and ask about my eye brows right after a pluck and trim and I just told him the truth. If I don't manscape them they get wild and get big and bushy. He just shrugged and said ok.

I went to the doctor today. It was the pulmonologist's PA and i had to get two injections one in each hip. I was so glad I did not underdress! But if I would have had to remove my shoes and socks the nurse would have seen my pink toenails! She was a jolly soul and probably would have joked about it. So glad everything worked out for you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    I have been shaving my legs for 7 years now...about the time I started getting pedicures.... Also started bike riding 4-5 year ago so that's my official reason, if asked; if I crash and fall, it would be much easier to clean and treat my legs. Funny, no one has ever asked about it yet, including during my regular checkups, etc. Knock on wood, I have not fallen off my bike yet.... Btw, I wear shorts 8+ months of the year.....

Aspiring Member
    Ditto. I started shaving my legs about four years ago. I also usually wear shorts. Have yet to hear one comment, not even from long time friends.

Skirts feel sooooo much smoother with shaved legs,

Ineke

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Oh I hate kidney stones. Yeah I'm glad yours came out okay. I have had a few and they hurt every time.
    I had a battle with a kidney stone at the end of September this year,I thought that nothing could be more painful. But now the bills are coming, and that hurts just as bad.Two ER visits, and a surgery.fully shaved ,women's under clothes at the ER, nothing said by any of the wonderful nurses or Doctors that took care of me.
    Joan58

thanks for all the replies, will be waxing them smooth hopefully before the bills start to show up

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Glad everything came out OK.

I remember the fear of being "discovered" by shaving or whatever, so I empathize with you and with stories like yours. But I remember it from long ago and sometimes get a little impatient. Honestly you can shave your legs and wear shorts in public and nobody will care. A hair-free look is totally accepted these days. Be free.
    i think it bothered me more that they were not silky smooth or gorilla hair, i want to wax them and im in the middle, like im indecisive about it.......but yea it came out, was not OK though

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Did you take the stone to the doc and ask what it was?
    i do have it and should bring it to show him what a virus looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Joan58 View Post
    I had a battle with a kidney stone at the end of September this year,I thought that nothing could be more painful. But now the bills are coming, and that hurts just as bad.Two ER visits, and a surgery.fully shaved ,women's under clothes at the ER, nothing said by any of the wonderful nurses or Doctors that took care of me.
    yeah thought about that but im still paying for an older emergency visit, cant get blood out of a stone felt like your trying to pass a piece of barbed wire
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Mikell, I hope that all is great for you now,
    all is good now, sorry to bring up the excruciating memories....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that