Thread: And so a new chapter begins...

And so a new chapter begins...

So it's been almost two weeks now since I fully accepted & officially came out of the crossdressing closet. I've told some close friends so far and am working up the courage to tell more friends as time progresses. The reality of my recent liberating revelation didn't really sink in until earlier today, when my wife, my stepdaughter, and myself took a little trip to our local Target so I could get some work clothes.

Normally a Target outing wouldn't be something worth posting about, but today was no ordinary day. After having picked out my work clothes -- two black women's turtlenecks and a pair of black cargo pants -- we hung around in the women's clothing department for awhile, browsing through all the fall & winter sweaters and related accessories. Again, that sounds normal and mundane, but the browsing this time wasn't for my daughter or my wife....it was for ME!!! A wave of nervousness and excitement hit me all at once, because for the very first time ever, I was where I felt I belonged and I was absolutely loving it and I wanted to go on a ridiculous shopping spree. Prior to today, sure I had been to other stores before to buy an article of feminine clothing, but it would be something specific and I'd be on this mission to get in & out of there as quickly as possible, ya know?

Today I was in a little slice of heaven. Unfortunately I didn't get anything else other than my work clothes and a Nintendo baseball hat, due to time constraints and an upset stomach, but my wife has plainly vowed that we WILL be making a return visit to Target soon. Good, because I want to get plenty for my wintry wardrobe.

Sorry about the rambling story here, but is it a normal thing to having felt anxiety & being excited over a shopping trip at a store? I mean, it was like I had been wanting something like this to happen for over 30+ years and now I'm finally doing this. It amazes me though how I was so against getting men's clothes for all this time and yet now I'm wanting as much women's clothing as possible...especially sweater dresses, leggings, and boots!

I find it sweet when wife or daughters pick something out for you. It's also fun opening presents at Christmas time
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

It looks like you have some fun times ahead. Congratulations!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonistChick View Post
    [USER][/USER] ...is it a normal thing to having felt anxiety & being excited over a shopping trip at a store?
    oh yes it certainly is!

Welcome, by the way.

I'm happy that you've found fulfilment at last, your femme side has waited a very long time to be allowed out into the light and she must be overjoyed.

But please- take it easy. You're in a very exciting phase we call pink fog, and although your wife has been very supportive so far, be aware that she may suddenly feel overwhelmed by your change - though I'm sure you're better company and she will appreciate that very much. Just bear in mind that the 'you' she knows is what your whole relationship is based on, and to suddenly find she's living with a different person could be... a little bit of a shock... is that fair to say?

Keep her talking, expressing her feelings; encourage her to voice any insecurities that may come up, and make sure she continues to feel loved and cherished.

Hugs and best wishes,

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    It's great you have the support to shop after coming out to your family, do try and cherish it .

For those of us who had to go it alone it very hard not to chicken out and run for the door, that feels like so long ago. Once you do it alone and get over the nerves it's so enjoyable , I think now I prefer to do it alone, I can interact with the SAs better and have some fun. It would be interesting now if my wife did accompany me, I think she'd be surprised how comfortable I am with shopping.

I've got no wife, girlfriend, etc., so I'm on my own. I've bought several pairs of pink panties, and every time there was always people around. I would be afraid of what they were thinking of course. It got to the point where I went shopping around 11PM or midnight to get what I wanted. Hopefully I'll be able to get over this fear soon and shop in public without any problems.

Watch out for that pink fog!! Slow and steady! Keep the relationship with the wife tight! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Watch out for that pink fog!! Slow and steady! Keep the relationship with the wife tight! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Our bond has been strong since day one, but my recent coming out has brought us even closer together!

I am so happy ( and a little jealous ) that you have such support .

(Hugs to all)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene J View Post
    I am so happy ( and a little jealous ) that you have such support .

(Hugs to all)
    I won't lie...I got really really REALLY lucky here. On the flip side of things, my wife could've very easily despised or even be repulsed by my choice. Plus not to mention me being shunned & outcast by the friends I have told so far...

The part I still chuckle at is the fact that I never thought I'd come to a time where I'd be discussing fashion with my wife & stepdaughter, and makeover possibilities with my sister in law. Kinda boggles the mind there for a minute.

Good for you.