Thread: Almost went to work with my face on

Almost went to work with my face on

I had some time last night where I got to dress.
    Super fun! I used my eye makeup remover and got everything off my eyes, and took a hot washcloth to get everything off my face.
    Fast forward to this morning and I take a shower, get dressed and am about to head out to work.
    I figured I would use the restroom before I go so I don't have to hold it through the morning commute. With my glasses on and a bit more awake than when I showered I notice how much my complexion is smoother than normal.
    Which is when I realized even though I used hot water last night, I never used soap or washed my face in the shower.
    I got all the powder off last night, but my foundation was still on my face.
    I rushed up to my bathroom upstairs and washed it right off.
    I am so lucky I didn't go out the door like that. My co-workers and family would have gone crazy.
    - Still Choosing an "En Femme" Name

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Possibly, but on the other hand you might have made some new friends
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Nothing like taking a second look to make sure everything is washed off and clothes put away, or their may be CONSEQUENCES.

But it is a pretty face. hugs. girl i glad you found out before work.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I have read many stories about how unhealthy it is to leave makeup on overnight. I use cold cream to remove makeup - just rub it on and wipe it off with tissues or a facecloth - which has the added benefit of being beneficial to ones skin.

Sometimes it can be more difficult to remove makeup than apply it.

At one job, I used to ask the receptionist if I still had makeup on.
    I've had numerous people ask if I was wearing eyeliner/mascara.
    And of course, I've worn makeup out/to work, on purpose many times.
    Bottom line- nobody cared.

Aspiring Member
    When I do forgetful stuff like that, my professor tells me, "My friend, you are putting too much in up there. It is leaking out!"

I actually feel a little sad that you discovered it before you went to work. If you had only realized it after coming home you'd have found out that nothing changed (except your complexion looked better.) Long before I started coming out I realized that a very light foundation made my skin look better and over time made my skin actually be better. (Or maybe it was just liking the look made me take better care, I don't know.) Not trying to tell you how to live -- you be you -- but just saying there's more latitude out there than you're giving yourself.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

LOL!, Lovely.
    The appropriate response upon 'discovery' would be "Well... Happy Halloween, darling." ..... ,then carry on.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.