Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wonder What Makes

DEEBRA

You are the voice of us all.
    Loved your paragraph. The Mystery.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

what makes me CD? It started as a curious thought lead into a curious action. I then somehow lost the barrier that says "don't do that, that's weird".

Why I CD? The clothes really do feel better and more connected to my body. Also there's a mental need to experience something and CDing plays off this need very well. I got needs for companionship that haven't been fulfilled so CDing acts like a keystone needed to feel fulfilled...What can i say girls will never love me let alone like me. CDing helps keep me from thinking dark bitter thoughts that will damn me to loneliness.

I don't wonder anymore. It's pointless; I've come to the conclusion that most people don't really want to know why they do it, because they would have trouble dealing with the answer. I mean, this is not like having VD or being obsessed with football or something. It makes us untouchables to far too many people, including our family members. So many just want to pretend that it doesn't exist until they get the urge to do it again.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Women are the weaker sex? You might get a counter view. Men are bigger and stronger? Usually, but I know many women who would make two of me! Why do I CD?
    Like most here I have no real answer, I always have and always will and just enjoy what I do.
    The choice of female clothing is a big attraction. Every morning I watch the early news on the TV. The guy is ALWAYS in suit, shirt, tie; never varies. Every day the female has some fab outfit on, stylish, elegant, colourful. That chance to constantly vary my look is a just one of the things I love about CDing.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I think that reason would depend on the individual, though for me the way I see it is that crossdressing allows one to express aspects of who they are that they otherwise have difficulty expressing when presenting as male even in private, this could be things such as mannerisms or even how one thinks about things, I think that's the reason why some people also make up a persona, a separate personality in order to express an aspect of themselves (in this case femininity) that they have been barred from by society.

The other thing about clothes is that they have aesthetic and artistic value, and women's clothing has a wider variety of artistic ideas in mind while it comes to clothes while men's clothes are usually fairly uniform and are designed with usefulness in mind.

As to females being the weaker sex, I think that a female body is no more inherently desirable than a male body, aesthetically speaking that all comes down to individual taste, and yeah while males generally are stronger than females, I don't think that's anymore relevant than the fact the females are more flexible and have a lower center of gravity than males. I think that it's not the males are physically "superior" to females but rather that western society holds physical attributes associated with males to a higher value because it's associated with maleness.

I think we all have asked ourselves at one time or another - Why? I have accepted the fact that I love to dress . I also feel that something that feels this good to me and brings me so much pleasure should never be though of as being wrong or bad.

If I knew the actual answer to this question I would be a very well to do therapist instead of an engineer

One huge question so many different answers .Just be you and try to enjoy it if you can
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Do you every, have you ever wondered what makes us CD? What Why why isn't that enough, Why? why do we want this?
    You've been here for 6 years, why are you asking this question which keeps getting asked over and over? No one knows why.

But real truth is, "Why" doesn't matter one bit. What matters is how you deal with it.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    12 years and I am no closer to the answer. I have decided it takes away from my thinking about which outfit I look better it. WINK! Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

This is the simplest question ever. The reason we have this desire is caused by the following factors which likely occurred during your birth, or while you were growing up or after you first thought you knew more than your parents. The influencing factors include the following (not in any order of likeliness)

1. Sitting too close to a color TV when you were a child (or in the womb)

2. Crossing your eyes

3. Jumping on the bed

4. Frequently crossing the street without looking both ways.

5. Failure to eat all your vegetables

6. brushing your teeth side to side instead of up and down

7. listening to loud music

8. leaving the toilet seat up after peeing.

and finally if you are a baby boomer the most likely cause is looking at women's lingerie in the sears or Montgomery ward catalog as a youth.

Final Answer........ Geeze this was easy.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

If you find the answer.... please don't tell me. I'm happy in my blissful uneducated pink fog.

I see Daviolin as my twin sister that was born within me. Sounds simple, but it works for me. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I wish I knew why. I have been obsessing over shaving my legs...couldn't get past it. I told my wife...she said try it. I did it today...this is so weird ...for the Last month I keep looking at guys' legs at the gym to see who is hairless or not. I'm afraid someone will ask me. Guess what...a lot of men don't have hairy legs...and now I'm one of them. Just bought an epilator before I signed on here...moving on.

I'm not sure, I know I was personally drawn to women's clothing from and early age and the concept of crossdressers intrigued me also