Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you grow out your beard before you dress shop?

Do you grow out your beard before you dress shop?

Do you grow out your beard before you dress shop?

Dose it fool anyone or make it more obvious?

I find it easer to buy girly stuff after I let my beard grow for at least a week.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, uh, no. There've been times that after work, I'm at the thrift store in my work uniform with a bit of a shadow showing.
    But, I'm only interested in the arm full of dresses and handful of bras.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    In my experience dress shopping, I've only worn male clothing, so my beard (at least the shadow thereof) has been grown to varying lengths depending on how long I want to keep it. It doesn't make it any less obvious that I'm buying a dress / jeans / lingerie / whatever.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 11-07-2016 at 10:30 AM.

I don't even give it a second thought. I've shopped in a goatee, clean shaven, three day growth etc. I prefer clean shaven so if I try something on the beard doesn't become a distraction.

At this point I've got a tightly trimmed goatee and moustache so my answer is yes.
    I think I'd even dress/clothing shop clean shaven (waiting for that day-in the closet at this point and my wife likes the facial hair)

Aspiring Member
    I am usually clean shaved. It looks better when you are trying things on. I stop worrying about what the SA think and just go for it. It beats wasting time and money in stuff that doesn't fit or looks bad.
    Sara

I guess I buy some things with a shadow or a weeks growth but since I really don't shop for dresses then no. I have bought cosmetics with a grizzly old looking fart of a beard and even some panty hose.

Reality Check
    I shave every day (my face). I don't wear a beard. So no, I don't grow a beard to shop. I don't even think about it.

Similar to Krisi, I shave pretty much every day as I prefer to be clean shaven. As such, I shop for whatever it is I want while clean shaven.

Karen

When shopping in male mode I just shop. I don't care what others think. If anyone asks I just be honest and say its for me. I think that's a lot easier and I get better reactions than when I say I am shopping for my wife or GF.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I shop in guy mode,but I don't try anything on,and I don't even ask too.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I just make sure to throw in some manly stuff like a wrench, some motor oil & some fishing gear, in hopes that it does a good-enough job in detracting.

Then I'll just point out that the dress is for my really hot GF -- but she's not with me at the moment because, um, she lives in Canada.

(I'm joking, of course. )

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Always clean shaved, not really CD related, just prefer it that way.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

My femme shopping is unrelated to the state of my beard growth. Of course I'm always in drab so it doesn't matter.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post

Then I'll just point out that the dress is for my really hot GF -- but she's not with me at the moment because, um, she lives in Canada.

shades of AvenueQ (can't post here because adult lyrics)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    I'm confused. Why would letting my beard grow help me fool anyone. Wouldn't that just make putting on foundation a huge mess?

Oh in boy mode? But I wouldn't be fooling anyone when I went to try it on! Wait, you mean buy something "for my wife"? I'll buy a top, or pretty lingere, or something like that, but not a dress for her. And who cares if your clean shaven at that point.

Uh can I buy this for my wife. Well what size is she. Uh about my height....and weight...But with boobs. Well it's a good thing you have a goatee, otherwise, I would say that they were for you, and that would be ewww so pervy!. Yeah, good thing!

I already passed the stage that I said the clothes were for my sister or girlfriend. Now I directly say to the clerk that they are for me, and so far I have had no problem and the attention I feel is much better now because I feel now that the females clerks in the stores see me more like a girl than a man.

Karla

Depends on the time of year. Right now it is deer hunting season. So I have a beard. In a month I may not.

Banned Read only
    So Judy, I take it that by doing this you believe that the store workers are less inclined to believe you are a cross dresser?

How many other men were shopping for dresses the last time you went?
    How many men do you really think shop for dresses for their GF or wife?

Now, what do you think is the typical image of a cross dresser in the mind of your average sales clerk in the women's department? Rue Paul? That guy who won the Euro singing contest? Does a beard limit their imagination when you walk up with your size 12, 16, 22, dress?

I will posit that if one were an obvious size 12, but buying a size 00, you'd likely get the nod of buying for a wife/GF. Anything close to your actual size and it's for you.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Absolutely not, I hate facial hair and try to always be clean shaven. Just looks wrong on my face

Beards are not for me. I strive to get the the closest shave possible; that entails using a straight razor....daily

Silver Member
    When I go dress shopping in drab, I don't even think about what my beard looks like. But when I'm dressed, I try to make sure I'm shaven. I feel like a beard doesn't go with a feminine look, even though I don't try to pass.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    No I don't they really don't care who you are buying for.

I close shave every day that includes my face, chest and legs, I just make it a routine. If I ask advice or want to chat about clothes or whatever I feel more comfortable being clean shaven, especially if I do try something on .

Well , ummm , Maybe this wasnt what you were looking for but I do let my beard grow out before I go out shopping or what ever . I then shave right before putting on my make up. I have found if I let it grow out a bit I get a much closer shave. I feel much more comfortable shopping for girl clothes in girl mode. But yes , I have found a cute thing or two while in guy mode so had to buy it then

I am clean shaved in both modes! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix