I've shared here many times that I have (or feel I have) the ideal mix of dress/no dress scenarios. My wife knows and is supportive, BTW. I have my main home which is in a place where nearly everyone knows me and I do NOT dress, not even at home. Too many unexpected guests and kids/grandkids showing up out of no where. I have very few Misty things there, and the few I do are under deep cover.

Several states away I have a separate place that is and has been my private Girlville retreat. Closets full of girl clothes and shoes, a totally pink bedroom theme (tasteful) and an adjoining pink everywhere bath. Cosmetics and jewelry galore, too. Kitchen is pink as I can get it, too. Throughout the house are signs of feminine design and touch. My wife calls it the "girl cave" and loves hanging out and relaxing there - with and without me.

Moving along, I've always known one day I would need to give it up. I was able to keep this dual place existence because I traveled a lot for work. The down side is that travel gets old, the demanding schedule takes a toll on the mind and body, and I spend far more time away from family than I want to. So, come the end of January I'm giving up the girl cave and scaling back on the travel. Will likely pick up a new role at work -- or maybe even retire from this and do something else.

That's a lot of change and I'm having my moments of emotional swings. I'm gaining work/life balance while having to go into hiding with my dressing. What's a girl to do . . . .