Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Save Victoria's Secret

Platinum Member
    Hi Tiff, I really don't see VS going away anytime soon......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    I think Lorileah was kidding about the panty hose. You can still buy them at Walmart and many places.

My wife can't find bras her size at Victoria's Secret and she doesn't like the panties. They send her a coupon for a free pair every now and then so she gets the free pair and gives them to a relative.

Me, I'm happy with my stretch bras so I don't need their stuff but it probably wouldn't fit me either.

Bigger bras.com is my VS. Always loved looking at VS catalogs, but nothing there fits more than my wrist . . .

I was never a fan of VS lingerie. It always seemed a bit boring to me. When it started out in the Bay area of CA all those decades ago it offered a wide range of interesting lingerie. But the market for anything besides bras and panties has shrunk considerably since that time.

I debated whether I should jump in here or not. Take a guess on what I decided. Years ago I was enamored with VS. But their items just didn't cut it quality-wise for me. And price-wise. Give me K-Mart (please don't stone me). And my last bra I just bought at Macy's on sale.
    Plus, I have moved on (for the most part) past those cute little things to Playtex (can't believe I wrote that) 18-hour, etc.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Aspiring Member
    I think the bralettes probably suit us with smaller breasts better... think they're meant to be comfortable at best. I think VS values form over function, although that's a statement I could throw at Perk by Kate as well (I really like their design but I wouldn't wear them at all) I still prefer my underwired Triumph bras any day, though - I'm generally not one to expose my lingerie anyway.

Victoria's Secrets parent company Limited Brands or LB has a market cap of $19 billion dollars. I think they'll be just fine. They cater to a more youthful crowd and I find that they no longer appeal to me as much as before. These days I place a premium on comfort and I concur with Heidi that Soma bras are way more comfortable than Victoria's Secret bras. My favorite brands these days are Wacoal and Lejaby. Wacoal is more reasonably priced while Lejaby is more like "I got a huge bonus at work and I'm going on a shopping spree".

Silver Member
    The last few times I've been in VS there was a throng of teen girls buying stuff. When they first started they were a catalog company and their stuff was sexy. A couple years ago when I was in one of the stores the only bras they were offering was foam cups. I see they are now offering lace cups etc.

I have several VS bras and many panties. Their cotton high leg briefs are the most comfortable I own. My problem is I like matching bras and panties and it is hard to find this at VS unless you get the more expensive things they sell. Back when they discontinued the clothing and swim wear lines I read an article that said VS is having trouble because the younger generation is moving away from clothes with branding on them and that is all that VS sells.
    Connie

Banned Read only
    Lorileah,
    I'm slightly confused by that comment, everyone in the UK appears to be selling tights ( pantyhose. ) The problem is getting the choices in stockings, my usual store was BHS which has gone to the wall along with 11,000 employees and their pensions . Dear Mr. Green where has all the money gone, Oh on another new boat that's nice !

I used to order stuff from VS all the time. I really liked their clothing line. I got some pants, blouses & suits from them and they all fit perfectly in all the right spots, looked classy without being frumpy, and was less expensive than something similar from Macy's or Nordstrom. I also liked their makeup, moisturizers and whatnot.

Now that they dropped their clothing & makeup line, I rarely buy anything unless I need to replace something. That change probably cost them a bundle in just my business alone

My replacement guilty pleasure is Express. Their tamer styles are a bit less frumpy than The Limited, and has the same fit that VS had. Also, their shoes fit really nice as well for some weird reason.
    Last edited by Rachel Anne; 11-14-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Who knows, maybe the whole CDthing will blossom one day.

Shops change their lines and marketing to cater for changing tastes.

Who thought years ago that men would go to VS for a bra fitting.

I have been to shops looking for evening wear and they have suggested a bra fitting to make the dresses fit better.

They know I am a man and I am really just another cash cow. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love to go in to VS with my wife and secretly shop for me while she's shopping. I loved the clothes, so soft and cute. Found myself wishing I had all of it!

VS needs to start looking at the plus size woman's market larger girls are sexy to
    hugs
    Ronda

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
    I am very new to crossdressing, so I don't know much about Victoria's Secret. I have however wanted to go inside and look around, even before I became a CD, but I never did because I felt out of place. Now that I am a CD, I will more likely be paying a visit to 1 of their locations here in North Texas. I should point out though, I have been doing this for less than a month, and haven't gotten anywhere close to gathering up enough courage to walk into a women's clothing store (I have enough trouble shopping at Walmart lol).
    North Texas, huh? Me too! I'd suggest the one at the Parks in Arlington if it's in your area. Their staff is experienced in dealing with crossdressers, and are good at treating a crossdressing man just like any woman. Opportunity to use the fitting rooms, etc. It used to be that they'd only let a man use the fitting room if there weren't any women in there. That has since changed, at least in this particular one. I did once have a VS at the Hulen Mall in Fort Worth tell me I couldn't use the fitting room. Their manager was later reprimanded by corporate.

Since I don't know if the policy on using the fitting rooms regardless of whether women are there or not is a corporate policy or just a store-specific practice, I try not to make things difficult on them. I try to be discreet, not make GG customers uncomfortable, etc. When the lady knocks on the fitting room door to ask if I'm doing okay, I try to keep my voice down and either answer quietly, or if I know there are other women nearby, I'll slide the door open just enough to give her a thumbs up. But that's just me being discreet, probably to an unnecessary level.

As for "saving" VS, I don't think they're in any danger. And the moves made by their new CEO kinda baffle me. The emails have gotten tackier and the newer products don't have much appeal besides just having lovely fabric. Lately, my craze has been Aerie, and I'm anxious to watch them grow in competition against VS. But I do like the younger look anyway, so Aerie is kinda a natural choice for me... *shrug*

Bailey, that is weird. I worked at 4 different stores when I worked for VS in college, and the Hulen Mall store was one of them. We never turned away any crossdressers and let them use our fitting rooms(as long as it wasn't too busy).

I also worked at the University Park Village location by TCU, Southlake Town Square, and the Northeast Mall locations. We all treated crossdressers/trans the same at all locations.

With that being said, I worked there from 2006-2009 so its been a while.

I also have shopped for myself and tried on bras at the Parks Mall, Northeast Mall, Highland Village, Vista Ridge, Mockingbird Station, Dallas Galleria, Allen Waters Creek, Stonebriar, and Willow Bend locations with no trouble.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who did the thumbs up when someone knocked.

I agree that I am not too thrilled with some of the new products VS has been rolling out. I have no interest in the bralettes at all, and they seem to be going all in on those. Any new bra line they introduce seems to be for sex appeal and are really lacy and frilly. They always discontinue bras I like, such as the Fabulous line, Perfect One line, Biofit line, and Showstopper line.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    Bailey, that is weird. I worked at 4 different stores when I worked for VS in college, and the Hulen Mall store was one of them. We never turned away any crossdressers and let them use our fitting rooms(as long as it wasn't too busy).

I also worked at the University Park Village location by TCU, Southlake Town Square, and the Northeast Mall locations. We all treated crossdressers/trans the same at all locations.

With that being said, I worked there from 2006-2009 so its been a while.

I also have shopped for myself and tried on bras at the Parks Mall, Northeast Mall, Highland Village, Vista Ridge, Mockingbird Station, Dallas Galleria, Allen Waters Creek, Stonebriar, and Willow Bend locations with no trouble.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who did the thumbs up when someone knocked.

I agree that I am not too thrilled with some of the new products VS has been rolling out. I have no interest in the bralettes at all, and they seem to be going all in on those. Any new bra line they introduce seems to be for sex appeal and are really lacy and frilly. They always discontinue bras I like, such as the Fabulous line, Perfect One line, Biofit line, and Showstopper line.
    Oh wow, that's awesome that you used to work there! o_O To think I might have met you and just didn't know it! ...in fact, I think I might have! But anyway. Yeah it wasn't a big deal to me when it happened, but I called customer service later to confirm what the actual policy was and they said they'd say something to the store about it. It may well have been during your time there, but I just can't remember.

And yeah the thumbs up and stuff is because I'm super active in my church and didn't want to run the risk of a GG from there recognizing my voice and saying something to my family. :P

As for the products, I actually REALLY love the frilly stuff, and the lace if it's done in a classy way. Not the raunchy approach. Like for example, Aerie's Real Obsessed line (can I post a link to it? Is that allowed?) is exactly how I'd design a line if I could. It's frilly and girly but not raunchy. I love Aerie's bralettes too, quite a bit more than VS's. I think the bralettes probably do appeal more to GGs than CDs because of the more relaxed fit, but anyway.

I love vs body by Victoria Demi bras and their high leg coton panties been thing about trying a perfect coverage bra or maybe one of their new bralettes