Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save Victoria's Secret

Save Victoria's Secret

I read an interesting article on CNBC yesterday regarding the decline of breast augmentation surgery and the financial threat that changing tastes would have on the V Secret bottom line. Perhaps the stores should more clearly market to the CD community. We have to do our part for the sake of successful capitalism.

I am very new to crossdressing, so I don't know much about Victoria's Secret. I have however wanted to go inside and look around, even before I became a CD, but I never did because I felt out of place. Now that I am a CD, I will more likely be paying a visit to 1 of their locations here in North Texas. I should point out though, I have been doing this for less than a month, and haven't gotten anywhere close to gathering up enough courage to walk into a women's clothing store (I have enough trouble shopping at Walmart lol).

Banned Read only
    I really do not think there are enough cross dressers among the population with buying habits that are going to save any stores bottom line. I get enough email adds from Macy's, JC Penny and others with prices that will make most women choke. If you're a cross dresser trying to conceal your expenditures Victoria Secret is a great place to bust the family's budget and get a wife wondering.

Silver Member
    Really? If women don't get breast augmentation, Victorias Secret will suffer? Women (and men in new relationship) will stop shelling out for lovely but over priced and limited fit bras and panties?

I think perhaps they are more subject to the reality of Internet pricing and service and selection, wars with Amazon and the like, than the prevalence of plastic surgury.

Ironically, VS was originally supposed to be a place where men could go, get help in selecting items for their sweeties and NOT feel intimidated. My only problem with VS is that their sizes tend to be on the small side... and they don't have much in the way of larger sizes to begin with.

Lacy PJs

Reality Check
    Stores (and chains) come and go. Remember when Montgomery Ward was one of the top retailers?

They will survive or fail depending on many things. There's nothing we can do to change that.

Can help when they make bras in my size!!! LOL Actually, panties fit without pads! They are on their own!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ummm... so if women stop getting augmentations they're going to stop wearing bras altogether? I don't get it.

well, not wearing hose killed the hosiery industry. You can't buy pantyhose anywhere anymore

Krisi, That's funny, as I was climbing down off the roof today I noticed that I had bought it at Wards

One could add Blockbuster to the list of "long gone" along with all the investments people put in it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have only bought one bra and pair of panties from Victoria's Secret, but again I can find a large selection at Wal-Mart, K-Mart and other discount stores to make me happy for 1/2 the cost. When I used to hear Red Neck Woman by Gretchen Wilson I could relate when she sang about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    well, not wearing hose killed the hosiery industry. You can't buy pantyhose anywhere anymore

Krisi, That's funny, as I was climbing down off the roof today I noticed that I had bought it at Wards

One could add Blockbuster to the list of "long gone" along with all the investments people put in it
    Loraleah, Must disagree with you on your quote--"Can't but pantyhose anywhere anymore" Are you looking for pantyhose at Central Tractor?

I will agree that the selection of pantyhose is not what it was 20 years ago, but it is still available. I have recently seen pantyhose at Macys, Lord & Taylor, Nordstroms, Saks, and many other places.
    I even see the very cheap variety in the dollar stores.

Start looking around. I'm sure uou'll see some. LOL

jodi

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Loraleah, Must disagree with you on your quote--"Can't but pantyhose anywhere anymore" Are you looking for pantyhose at Central Tractor?

I will agree that the selection of pantyhose is not what it was 20 years ago, but it is still available. I have recently seen pantyhose at Macys, Lord & Taylor, Nordstroms, Saks, and many other places.
    I even see the very cheap variety in the dollar stores.

Start looking around. I'm sure uou'll see some. LOL

jodi

I don't think Tifftg was seriously suggesting that we could actually save VS.

I must confess, I'm not crazy about VS stuff. I own some, but it's another case where it's strictly a matter of me responding to marketing exactly as their marketing people hope. I don't think the quality lives up to the hype. Possibly some of my own fault. I wash bras and panties with everything else. No gentle cycle or lingerie bag. VS stuff just doesn't stand up to washing as well as some others, and most of it is, to me, over-hyped for what it is without regard to how it holds up. What I do have I bought just because I like shopping there, and wearing something from VS kinda has a positive mental thing about it. Like I said. Marketing. There's definitely an allure to VS marketing.

I don't buy bras, panties, or lingerie online, either. I've got to at least look at it and feel of it, even if I don't try it on (never try on panties!). I buy almost exclusively at TJ Maxx and the like. I think I've only bought two or three bras at full price and without regard to price in my life. I've occasionally found Wacoal bras (and even VS) at the off-retail stores. I very rarely buy any of that stuff at Walmart and the like.

My wife use to buy me lingerie for every gift giving occasion, and those times when it was in a Victoria's Secret bag or gift box definitely turned the excitement up a notch or two. If it'd been the exact same thing in Playtex or Vanity Fair, it just wouldn't quite have had the same effect as VS.

Only place I will buy bras and panties. They make the best. Could never wear anything else.

All of my underwear and most of my fitness clothes come from VS. Besides being sexy they do have very good quality. I don't believe they are in any danger of closing. Besides wouldn't lack of breast augmentation actually help VS, most of their stuff is add a cup or push up bras marketed toward smaller breasted women. Then there is the whole new craze for natural look that they have a line for as well. I would be very upset if they went out of business.

They discontinued their swimwear clothing and makeup lines in May.

I used to buy my bras there. But I haven't for a long time. I hope they are still doing okay though.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by tifftg View Post
    I read an interesting article on CNBC yesterday regarding the decline of breast augmentation surgery and the financial threat that changing tastes would have on the V Secret bottom line.
    An amusing premise. One that doesn't hold water. I'd guess that 95+% of the women that shop at VS have not had BA surgery. Women need bras (and preferably pretty ones) wheather or not they've had BA.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Agreed that more stores should have an eye towards CDs, especially viz-a-viz realistic sizes (aka "larger".) Torrid, for an example, or even Walmart. As an aside, I've found that even Aeropostale stuff fits me if I order XXL.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Maybe they have over extended their number of stores in a bad economy and that why the drop certain lines of product.
    If it sits on the shelf get rid of it.
    I don't see what the draw is about VS, the panties might be pretty but they don't last long if you actually wear them, they irritate the crap out of my legs with lace that feels like razor wire.
    I think a lot here "think" VS is some magical stores for CD's or even think shopping there is some rite of passage to being a "real" CD.

To be totally honest out of the 6 or 7 times I have been in a VS store I was very uncomfortable.
    In guy mode was worse but girl mode not much better.
    I got looks like what are you doing in here are you some kind of pervert? Enfemme it felt like ewwww not one of those trannies again.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-08-2016 at 07:08 PM.

their pricing would have to do with a lot of it. Like others have stated, women will stop wearing bras all together? I seriously doubt it.

um, I buy and wear pantyhose all the time. They are still pretty much every where, maybe not in mass volume at the high end stores but they are still there. Besides I wear Legg's and they are EVERYWHERE still.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Victoria has a bent towards flirty, sometimes not very practical items. Stores like Soma are taking customers away by offering cute but functional products. 90% or so of the time, women are not trying to impress anyone else but themselves and they do that by being comfortable. I hardly darken a VS door any more.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I agree Heidi... I love VS and its the only place I buy my bras and panties, but I feel like they are focusing too much lately on flirty items instead of functional items. Everytime they come up with a good bra that is simple yet still sexy and functional it gets discontinued in favor of more lacy, racy items or dumb fads like Bralettes.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Here you go!

[/QUOTE]https://www.amazon.com/4-Pairs-Leggs...keywords=leggs

That said, I don't see any correlation between breast implants and VS. Wonderbras are for women who have NOT had breast implants. So there should be a larger market for them now.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    if they are in trouble, all they need to do is make larger sizes. The average size is now a 16. I wear a 46d. there are only a few place to find bras and find any thing really cute is difficult.
    Sara

Victorias Secret lost my business years ago.
    In my eye they changed to be more aimed at the young 20 something crowd
    That is fine of they want to limit their sales that much.

They need to have more items in Larger sizes and aimed at
    a larger selection of people.

There are millions of people that wear a bra that is bigger then a 38D
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"