Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Filming yourself in public?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Filming yourself in public?

I was going to entitle this thread "The Elephant in the Room". Why? Because I just watched this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6uvd0HCW_M

Honestly, it does pain me to watch this. (Her proximity of others begins about 1 minute in.)

And feel free to use the pause & rewind buttons. Ouch.

That said...

I'm still watching a bunch of YouTube videos of those who film themselves while en femme in public.

And no, they are not all that painful. It's actually pretty interesting to watch.

What are your thoughts on doing this? And do you ever do it, yourself?

No. I see nothing wrong with this.

Not with the girl. I see alot wrong with the public. Looks like Germany, doesnt surprise me. Very liberal law but conservative public.

I think I've seen this one before, not sure but I have seen other CDers who video themselves out and about.
    It's kinda like when football players watch game tape and try to analyze the plays and where they went wrong.

This video (in my opion) is a really good example of how NOT to blend in. I feel embarrassed for her and I agree Laura... quite painful to watch.

I've videoed myself trying to analyze my walk and it's not a pretty sight. Something I definitely need to work on just like this CDer in the video you posted.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

The only thing I saw wrong was... I could be mistaken, but was she wearing a garter belt and stockings under pantyhose? PICK ONE! Ok done being judgemental now.

No I don't think I'd ever want to be filmed while our en femme. I usually try to blend and nothing says "look over here! Something interesting is happening!" more than someone pointing a camera somewhere.

I'm going to agree with Micki on the not filming because it will draw attention. That being said if that's what you want to do have fun.
    As for the video she is way over dressed for fast food . Other then that I don't see anything wrong.

She walks no worse than I do. Looks like thats a tip for me.

She is not walking in to a LBGTQ bar. She is out in the open in a Burger King. A freeway one where she can realistically expect it not to be too crowded. But out in the open... possibly subject to all kinds of abuse.

I wont budge from my earlier statement. I think it's very brave. Very very brave. And if there were more like her perhaps Id be less frightened to go out.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quite like the outfit (though I wouldn't wear it now) but as soon as she started walking, yep, that's a guy. I suppose you have to admire the nerve to do this sort of thing (I know it's second nature for some) but the peoples reactions said it all. As we all know it takes a lot more than a dress and a wig to pass as a girl.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    The only thing I saw wrong was... ...
    The "only" thing Micki? How about these:

1) red stripper heels in day time
    2) red stripper heels
    3) mini skirt with hose
    4) way over accessorized for a fast food joint, even in Germany!
    5) Way over dressed for a fast food joint
    6) Too scantily dressed for a fast food joint.

This person is the antithesis of blending, which is fine for if that's what they want, but the stares show just how out of sync she was.

As for filming yourself, whatever.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Cute outfit but would have been better with flats or low heels and deff not red hooker heels.
    Whats with hose over hose and a garter belt? Shiny hose in this case doesn't look all that appropriate.

I record videos of myself, but in my car or in a dressing room or a secluded place where I can set up my tripod

I would need a wingman to film me if I wanted to be filmed just going about my business out in public.

Banned Read only
    I don't know if her appearance is attracting attention by itself or the act of self filming. Wouldn't any person walking down the street with an arm extended with a camera/camera phone catch attention. Of course, not seeing her face I cannot tell if the outfit is age appropriate, even though the hosiery is a little too much. Not so much the outfit as the heels are out of place for a leisurely stroll into a fast food restaurant unless you're accompanied by a troupe of giggly teenage girls. I've watch a lot of these YouTube productions and I'd say they come out better if someone is accompanying the lady. It's kind of difficult to look like you're just acting normal when you need to be so close to a camera. I do give them all high marks for having the courage to do it. The videos of some girls being lead down the street in a French Maid outfit are really over the top.

The outfit wasn't that bad...IF...you remove the stockings and go bare legged, change to flats and carry a purse, not a camera. It would have been a better exercise if someone else was filming this. Then you could see more "real" responses.
    The one that I laughed at was the guy who was trying to look and yet look like he's not looking. So typical of a guy LOL...
    A little practice walking would help with her blending as well. She didn't look that comfortable in those heels.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Was just watching one from a different girl...

She looked okay, I guess. A lot more blendy than the other, no skirt this time (leggings, but with heels too high, IMO).

Could tell it was a CD'er, but again, the outfit was fairly appropriate & even their body (thin & not too tall) didn't really give them away -- their male-walk, however, was quite evident.

Had her camera running in her car as she walked into a strip mall type thingy. Two GG's (mother & adult daughter?) coming the opposite direction, both spotted her right away from a distance & quickly look at each other. They then both focus on her, more or less staring (which probably would have stopped had she made eye contact). One even obviously looked at the heels (probably thinking, "Oh, hon... Too high!")

As soon as they passed each other? BAM! The 2 GG's turn to one another with huge, long-lasting smiles on their faces. One appeared to be laughing a bit. Hard to tell if one said something to the other. Then one turned her head to get another look. No way the CD'er, who simply kept walking while looking straight ahead, would have known all that if the camera wasn't rolling.

Of course, I also see some other videos where people don't even bat an eye. Were the "bad" parts edited out? Who knows. But honestly, nothing really looks out of the ordinary with those, whether it's appearance, or movement, or behavior, or whatever... Just looks like a regular chick walking around. Maybe not the prettiest face out there, but hey, who cares. Those CD'ers probably wouldn't have caught my immediate attention (negative or positive), either. Perhaps not necessarily a "pass" -- but a blend in my book, anyway.

Oh, and I'm finding these videos by just doing a YouTube search for "crossdress public" or whatever. Like I said, pretty interesting!

The whole concept is interesting, and I want to do it myself, but the logistics of it all make it difficult.

You would either need a wingman with a camera, or an expensive wearable camera(which would only capture point of view) or finding creative places to plant your camera down, but the downside with that is that its stationary and you are limited to where you can go. I suppose at a store you could place your camera on a shelf and let it record for a bit. Or like I saw in one video, place the camera on the dashboard of your car and have it point to where you will go to.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Just watched it again after reading more of your comments.

The Red Stripper heels... yes. Not daytime attire. Tho I have a pair that look very similar... Um...

Age appropriate clothing. @2:30 you see her hands very clearly. The hands are how I judge someones age even when I can see someones face. She is < 30. Mid to late mid 20's if you want me to be more specific.

Im ready to be proved dead wrong tho!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Using the search term Laura used - I very quickly found a type of short clip I LOVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDerNT3XxXg

Out and about with your friends!

No deception exactly. They are what they are. Take them as that or leave them. The taller girl in particular I find very convincing. And in the very last portion... getting ona plane dressed.

Think I'll look for more of their adventures...

Aspiring Member
    Jenniferathome

This. Definitely this. Leaving an imprint in the minds of those who saw her. At a nightclub, at night, if she's 25, whatever.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 11-11-2016 at 01:32 AM. Reason: you don't need the whole quote to agree

Woman first, Trans second
    For the record, when I've talked about the idea of becoming an unwilling prop in somebody else's fantasy or fetish, this - and especially the video in the OP - is a perfect (non-overtly sexual) example of that. I have approximately zero doubt that this person has at least one video of themselves in the ladies room, whether they've posted it online or not.

The fact that so many of you think the worst thing about this is what they're wearing or how well they pass or not is distressing.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Banned Read only
    Zooey, do you believe you have complete privacy when out in public? You do not. People taking selfies may capture your image in the background. You might be on video from dozens of security cameras. Tourists taking photos and videos might capture you as well. All of us lose privacy when we are out in PUBLIC.

As for the assertion that this person has videos of themselves in a bathroom, that is baseless and says more about you then them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    The fact that so many of you think the worst thing about this is what they're wearing or how well they pass or not is distressing.
    Why call attention to one's self like that??

Sorry, but she sticks out like a sore thumb.

And it's partly because of that, that she gets the reactions that she does, making it worse for everyone (including herself) than it should be.

I want to feel bad for her, but judging from her other videos, I believe she's intentionally seeking that kind of attention. Hey, whatever floats one's boat?

And yes, there are some out there who don't want to blend, but to dress "loud" & differently. That's fine... In fact, it's awesome! I'm a big fan of that, and sometimes wish I could do it. But it's difficult to pull that off successfully -- usually they have the friendly & extroverted personality to go along with it, and as such, makes many people around them feel pretty good & comfortable about the whole thing.

This is not the case in the video.

I'm not "blaming" it all on her, but you gotta admit, she isn't exactly helping the situation, either. And the same could be said about how anyone presents themselves, even when it has nothing to do with CD'ing.

Anyway, the intended subject of this thread wasn't this particular video, per se. Though I do find it interesting.

I believe the bigger story is the filming of all this stuff, regardless who's doing it. I've noticed that it picks up a lot of things that the CD'er doesn't normally catch, especially when watching it in full-screen mode on a large monitor, and utilizing the pause button. As Sue mentioned, it's like an analysis for football players & coaches. I believe people can learn a lot from this stuff.

Of course we lose privacy in public. Filming, at least in situations where permitting is not required, is not illegal. Obviously I'm not concerned with being a passerby in the background of somebody's selfie. Security cameras are a necessary evil whose benefits outweigh their costs.

What this is, however, is creepy as shit, and intent matters. This is fetish. If you see a nervous guy filming an elementary school playground with a zoom lens, you reserve the right to be Deeply Concerned™. If you see a man dressed like a hooker filming themselves practicing their "sexy lady walk" in/around a fast food joint you happen to be eating in, where they're also visibly and intentionally capturing YOUR reactions to them, I think you at least reserve the right to feel like you're being used to fulfill a fantasy without your consent.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

There is a strong air of exhibitionism there and bringing non-consensual people into your fantasy is wrong. Honestly, if it was a GG doing all that she would have garnered that much attention too. Zooey says it's non-sexual, I disagree, they subject is doing it as a kick or to be noticed. Everything about it screams "hey! look at me!!!" Everyone is judged on first impressions. She got what she wanted (at one point you can even hear her giggle when people stare).
    As noted, it's your thing, do whatcha wanna do. I also say don't bring me into your fantasy game and definitely don't bring people of non-consent age (the kids) into it.

And I also ask...shiny pantyhose over garters?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Zooey says it's non-sexual, I disagree, they subject is doing it as a kick or to be noticed. Everything about it screams "hey! look at me!!!"
    Sorry, I probably wasn't clear on that - I think it's undeniably sexual. My point was that it's not overtly/explicitly sexual in the way some people seem to think it needs to be in order to qualify. Just because they're not visibly diddling themselves in public doesn't mean it's not sexual

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You have to admit this is a good example of what shoes not to wear with an outfit like that.
    The walk is a dead giveaway to me but hey most of us are no better at it than she is so keep that in mind if you venture out.
    If you want to film have a friend go with you to handle the camera.JMO

Personally I don't give a rats behind

As to sexual, that's your personal interpritation, just as a bit of leg may be sexual to some sections of socity or g-string bikinis may also be (I find minds are the sexy bits).
    In this example, yes she in dressed similar to the trans on some of our street corners late at night (and I definately don't think they are sexy at all, I think they are trying to be noticed and make a living).

I bet in 10 years time, this same "actress" will be dressed to blend as more experianced girls do (I used to dress to be noticed 30 years ago, what 18-26year old girl doesn't on occassions).

There are many more "normally dressed" on youtube, some with fun backing tracks, some just enjoying themselves.
    If it helps, I'll hold the camera, suggest lighting solutions, help with the story line, editing etc.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Here's a lovely one...

Quite the old woofer wearing a belted winter coat. Underneath? Top, waist-cincher, pantyhose & panties.

Read that list again. Um, forgetting something??

Oh, that's right... Go into some clothing store in the back, set up your camera, pace back & forth & look all sketchy, and then flash us -- multiple times.

No wonder some people are creeped out by us. Heck, *I'm* now creeped out by us!

WTF is wrong with some CD'ers?!?