Thread: A Funny Thing Happened

A Funny Thing Happened

I m visiting a friend this week, she wanted to do a little shopping, so we went to a Ann Taylor Loft at a local mall. She picked out a couple items after about 30 minutes of shopping. She had a couple of dresse and a pair of slacks and a blouse. She handed me the slacks and blouse, then proceeded to a fitting room to try on the dresses.

As I was waiting near the entrance to th fitting room area, a SA who had been working in the back room, approached, stopped, without hesitating said "would you like to try those on" I was totally dumbfounded, as I never expected such a question. As much as I wanted to say yes, I knew I could not, so I just made a joke, saying, these are not my style. If I could have said yes, I certainly would have gone back to pick on more items to try on.

You might have to stop back sometime.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Life sometimes can give you unexpected curveball. So you now know a CDfriendly place to shop! Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Too bad you could not roll with it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Bravo to that SA🌺. I wish everyone was that accepting.

Silver Member
    Ann Taylor is a bit pricey but I'm not surprised that they train their staff to be inviting to us. Some of us would may have really stumbled over that offer.

There are LOTS of CD friendly places to shop. they're called stores, and want your money.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    There are LOTS of CD friendly places to shop. they're called stores, and want your money.
    I have only had one place that turned their nose up when I wanted to try things on while in male mode. They requested that I use the men dressing room. Other than that I have had no problem.. Paula's right.. they want your money.

People are put in our path for a reason! Bravo for her! I think you should have jumped at it. I wonder if they get a lot of CD's there? they are kinda pricey!

I can guarantee if you were there for yourself that would never have happened. A few years back I was sitting in a shoe store and my wife handed me a shoe she wanted in her size and walk away to see another shoe. The SA came over and I guess seeing me with a shoe and a purse asked me if I wanted her to get my size and wasn't sure if it came in big sizes.
    I laughed and said there for my wife. I know how it felt when it flowed out of her mouth, not like she was asking me secretly, she just casually asked. It really felt good.

I love it when things happen to me in guy mode that only one of us would appreciate. Like recently at a work meeting I said i have arranged this and organised that. One of the woman at the meeting (who I hardly know) joked, "wow are you really a woman inside?" to which naturally I said "Of course didn't you all know that?" everybody laughed, with me laughing more on the inside than outside.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Jamie,
    Maybe I might have asked if they had my size, lovely story.

Sometimes I feel I would miss the shopping side as much as the CDing, I really have had some fun with SAs, I still say they like the intrigue of dealing with a CDer , I haven't had one bad experience yet .

Several months ago I went to a Kasper's and was browsing. I asked a SA if it would be ok if I tried on a skirt (I was in guy mode). She didn't bat an eyelash.
    "Oh, yeah, absolutely". I bought a skirt and a blouse. A sale is a sale. They do want your money.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

That's a nice story, you should definitely go back a try buying something for you Somehow I wish something like this would happen to me. Then again, the very idea makes me wonder if I would come out clean that it's me I'm buying for...

Speaking of which, just today I was in a shop that sells women's clothes only. Aside from your regular SAs, there were two young women promoting make-up services and handing out gift certificates. Although I have no problem buying in drab, sometimes I still get a little bit nervous, resulting in clumsiness or indecisiveness as to what to buy. With a shirt already in my hands, I was checking a skirt for the size and I noticed the two women were curiously smiling and looking my way. Here's the fun part. Somehow I inadvertently dropped a bagful of books, and as I was turning around I knocked off a small pile of clothes... The women came to the rescue and helped me restore the pile to its former glory. One of them asked me, "Are you buying a present for your girlfriend or...", rather in a curious manner, leaving me enough time to simply tell the truth.

But I guess by now you already know what I said...

I have used the dressing room in women's clothing stores in order to try on products from the store dozens of times. Only once was I denied. I was told that the dressing room was only for women. Only once was I offered the option with asking, however. The owner walked past me while I was shopping in a small consignment shop. I had a couple ladies' items in my hands. She leaned over and whispered, "You can try those on if you want to." I replied, "Thank you, I already did." I have shopped there many times since.

However, I will say that the best SA is the one who will say, "I don't think that looks good on you." Bad SAs say, "I love it!" no matter how bad it looks.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/