Thread: My first dress

My first dress

I have been careful to look appropriate when I go out dressed. I try to dress classy professional. I have always worn skirts, blouses and jackets. I also have gone to transformations by rori in Chicago for help with my look. As for my voice I have worked with exceptional voice with Skype sessions. All this help has helped. Last week I went to Macy's and did something I never thought I would do. I bought my first dress. I justified it that I can wear a jacket with it. I have not worn it out but have at home. It feels wonderful. In fact writing this I am choked with the emotion. I know this sounds silly and maybe a little goofy but so wonderful all the same. Thank you for all the help though reading all your threads.

Regards,
    Belinda

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you have a great time wearing it.

This site is inspiring, informational and educational. Reading others experiences and stories can help those of us that are seeking why we enjoy this thing called dressing...

Banned Read only
    Belinda,
    I'm so glad you found the confidence to buy your first dress, it is a great feeling.

Now I go out socially I have to think about what look I want, I know it's with other members of the TG community and some are wearing anything that takes their fancy without concerns what others think. I try and think what a GG would wear in similar circumstances, OK I have been given some dresses by my counsellor that I will have to think hard about wearing but then she wore them to go out so why shouldn't I ?

I must admit I have a weakness for jackets, the right style helps a great deal to bring a CDer's look together, they give us a more feminine shape by reducing the shoulder bulk, slimming down arms and cinching in the waist. They're also great in dressing up or down the overall look by choosing the right style.

The dress in my avatar was lovely to wear, I saw it in a charity shop window and when the label said size 12 I just went in and bought from two very nice SAs, I had some very nice comments at my meeting .
    I can't believe how enjoyable CDing is even in our sixties !
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-13-2016 at 07:25 AM.

You don't sound "silly" or "goofy" at all Belinda. Buying our first dress is a very rewarding experience, filled with emotions and a huge sense of accomplishment/ well being.

Keep exploring, and keep enjoying.

Karen

No Belinda, girl wearing a dress is different than a skirt, and you really feel to be a woman in a dress, special when they have a back zipper, One thing is with a skirt if you need to get it off fast you can but with a dress, well lets just say it takes so more time, ONe thing i like is the feel that you don't have the waist as tight as a skirt, a dress just lay nice and it is a little different feel geting in and out of a car. hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Very sweet post. Not at all goofy. For me buying and wearing my first dress was a thrilling, liberating, transformative experience. 🌺

Glad you are so happy. A dress has a very special feeling. I have a special love for full skirted dresses that swirl around one's body. They are not so fashionable any more but I find them very feminine and pretty.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Very first proper thing I wore, apart from underwear, was my sisters dress when I was about 14. Felt so 'girly' in it (until my mum was within seconds of catching me!!). Got pretty much every type of clothing now, but a nice dress still has a special 'something'.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Congrats on the purchase. There's just something about wearing a dress that just makes you fell very feminine.

I bought my first dress a little less than a month ago, and I still feel very feminine and girly when put it on. I have a great sense of accomplishment when I dress up, like I can't believe I have actually opened up a new world for myself. Grats on ur purchase.

Belinda,
    My first dress was given to me and I think I felt the same as you do.

Enjoy that dress and all the feelings that you will associate with it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    When I started buying my dresses I had no sense of size and style. Most of those ended up being donated. Now I know my style and sizing and what will fit comfortably. My wardrobe is only dresses and number over 140. There is no greater feeling for me than wearing a dress with a full slip underneath and hosiery and heels. I adore the feeling of the cool air playing with the skirt of the dress and slip.

Belinda,
    I don't think that you sound silly or goofy! Don't get me wrong - I love tops and skirts, but there's no feeling like walking into a store, seeing a nice dress, thinking "I wonder would I look good in that" and trying it on and discovering that it fits and that you actually do look good in it. So congrats on buying your first dress.
    A word of warning though - beware, it's addictive!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Congrats on the dress purchase. Skirts are great but there is just something about wearing a dress. Have fun and wear whatever makes you feel good.

I agree with Stacycoral. Dresses are special, especially if they zip up in back. A wonderful feeling.
    I love myself in curves!

Let the emotions roll, darling. I know that feeling quite well; the feeling of that FIRST dress.
    I love dresses more than any other feminine wear (though leggings come a close second). Dresses, to me, are the essence of dressing as a woman. They often have a transformational spirit to them; almost magic.
    My CD experience in life was pretty much limited to underdressing in lingerie/panties, and the occasional dabble into Mom's or the wife's clothing. Never anything of my own except panties, which I began to wear daily for a long time (undetected). One day in a dept store I saw THIS DRESS on the clearance rack. It was inexpensive. It was pretty, and it fit my XL/Size 14-16 man-frame. I don't know what possessed me to pick it up and exam it; and then purchase the dress. A nice knee length, front wrap with belt tie, a black dress with floral print. (bad photo of dress included). The garment practically called my name.
    When I got it home and donned it, I couldn't believe how wonderful I felt in MY DRESS; my very own first dress. It was like a refreshing wave of giddy joy and peace sweeping over me at once. That was about six months and 4 dresses ago, .... and the "disease" is catching.
    I could live in a dress if the SO, the family and social conventions would just chill a little bit. Now, go out and get yourself a nice full or calf length dress, a gown; maybe something with spaghetti straps.
    FB Hair Toss (forum).jpeg
    FloralBlack seated on steps w hair & heels-forum.jpeg
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.