Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing is so time consuming!

Dressing is so time consuming!

Wow, When I dress up as Miss judy it takes over an hour to look as fem as possible, makeup, hair, clothing.
    But when I dress as a man it's 5 min in the shower and 5 min dressing and nothing matches and most of the time I don't shave.

How come I have no interest in being a sexy man or looking my best?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

My excuses were no girlfriend, no work, then I can dress as I want, which is normally dress down and dirty.

Plan ahead and take your time. I've spent as much as 6 hrs getting ready because the transformation is just so amazing. No hurry, try new things, enjoy.
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

With so many kids/visitors in the house I've got probably 20 minutes max to be dressed & out the door before someone turns up, even then I've meet some as I opened the front door on the way out "Hi, yes Sarah is in her room, no it's not to early, she is awake, I'm off for a coffee, bye".
    An hour - would give me enough time to change my mind and outfits 4 times
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    If I do a 'normal' dress it takes about 45-50 minutes. If I'm undecided on what to wear or what colours to use it can take much longer. In drab, yep, about 10 minutes.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It takes about 45-60 minutes for a normal girl day. Only about 10 minutes to shower and get dressed when in drab.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    It takes me about 30 minutes in guy mode, I always close shave every morning, along with my chest and legs after my shower I now use Olay Pro Vital cream on my face. I thought all that stuff was a gimmick but it really does feel like a daily face lift especially around the eyes, does anyone notice I'm wearing it I don't know and really don't care.

So I'm ready to dress any time I like without all that basic prep work !

I'm getting quicker with makeup, not unless I'm taking less trouble but it still looks OK, as for dressing that doesn't take very long, I don't drag it out for hours because there's always things to do, besides you never know when you will get an unexpected call and it all may have to come off again .
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-13-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Miss Judy , No one ever said that being a lady was going to be quick and easy, Just a lot of fun.

I always take pride in my appearance En Femme and En-Drab......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Getting ready is not a time-consuming chore. It's when the pleasure begins. For me, transforming time is 1 to 1-1/2 hours.

I might be a little different to others here as I love to dress up both in male and in female mode. On Friday I stopped by the shoe section in our local Dillards and found some really pretty men's loafers and ended up buying two. I like really good quality suits jackets and pants and I still love to wear a good looking silk tie. Trouble is we live in a "dress down" age. Most people of both sexes are comfortable wearing jeans and simple shirts and that is pretty much it. I love the act of dressing up but of course it takes me quite a bit longer to dress as a woman.

Make up is the big time consuming part of getting Girl'd up.
    I put a clock to it once. It take approximately 25 minutes to do a proper make up job. Then again,.... the time spent painting and applying the makeup can be an entertaining and fun part of the entire CD experience. Something about sitting there doing the face seems like an important part of the ritual, and something to not rush through. More like "savor" the time.

But yes.... it's common for me to shave, shower and dress is 15 minutes and ready to go while The Wife is still fiddling with a hair curler in the bathroom. Guy Mode is so "wash & wear".
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I have no idea how you guys are able to keep it under an hour

For me the makeup alone takes about an hour and 15 minutes, minimum

From start to finish - from the time I start shaving, to the time I am completely finished - is minimum 2 hours, usually more. Closer to 3 hours if I am doing a more fancy eyeshadow look or contour cleavage.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

From stepping into the shower to stepping into my shoes usually takes me about an hour and ten, provided everything about my face goes smoothly, lol. Sometimes it doesn't (I still have this annoying tendency to stab my eye with the mascara brush).

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    Actually the time I put doesn't include shower, shave, moisturiser. ect, Just face, clothes and hair.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It does take me about an hour, the majority being applying makeup. However, once I apply it, I feel so feminine. So the time is worth it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My routine, in order

Shaving - Takes about 20-25 minutes from the time I begin the process of exfoliating my face to the time the moisturizer I put on my face after shaving is dry

Primer, Beard Cover, Foundation, Concealer, Powder - About 10-15 minutes

Eyebrows - About 10-15 minutes

Eyeshadow - Depends on the look. A simple 3 shade look, about 5 minutes per eye. Something more complex, we could be looking at 10 minutes per eye

Eyeliner - About 3 minutes per eye

Mascara - About 5 minutes total for both eyes

Lips - About 5 minutes total

Bronzer, Highlight, Blush, Contour - About 5-10 minutes

Tucking, putting on panties, and putting on hip pads and making sure they are in place - 5 minutes

Putting on bra, forms, clothes, accessories - 5 minutes (if I am doing duct tape contour cleavage, add an additional 20 minutes)

Getting my wig straightened, combed out and looking right - 5 minutes

So going through all that, at the very least is an hour and a half, on the high end over 2 hours. I am a perfectionist so that might explain why I take so long.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

It is VERY time consuming. I love it but sometimes the thought of doing it is a little overwhelming! For me it take a minimum of one and a half hours, but usually closer to two. And then I have to put ALL my stuff away when I'm done..

My time didn't account for shower and shaving, If you add that in it's about an 1.5 hours.

Make up would not take me so long if i did not have to keep re-doing it to try to get it right.......

It takes a couple hours. When doing it every day we do get a bit faster but it takes far more than an hour. Makeup alone can take forty five minutes.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Dela,
    I picked up a tip to do eyes first then any mostakes can be put right before the rest is done, eyes are the trickiest . Last time out it wasa Halloween meeting so the eyemakeup took less time , I just slapped on plenty of blue to go with my outfit and then plenty of mascara !

To do a complete job, 1.5 hours. I recently posted about a quick 45 min to dress and some makeup and take 5 pics and undo it all. I actually had scruff on my face (to keep wife happy) and no one can tell.
    I do also like to look good as a man - I see nothing wrong being handsome and pretty, each at different times.
    Someday I might post my pictures where I am present as one of each.
    Hugs, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Wow, When I dress up as Miss judy it takes over an hour <snip>
    Becoming dressed and feeling like I want to, is a pleasure. It's not work. The time flies by. The reward is feeling good when I'm done.
    How come I have no interest in being a sexy man or looking my best?
    What's the payoff? What return do you get if you go through the trouble to look great as a guy? For me, I get more attention from the ladies (and feel I get to date a better class of 'em) because I take the trouble to look my best when in 'drab'. But I'm single; to that might not apply to everyone here.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I agree that it is time consuming but the results and the final outcome is wonderful and makes me feel great.

Dont laugh... but when a new major bit of new outfit's gets delivered... I start preparing the day before.

I always take them out of the packet straight away. Hold them up to me and see if I like the material. I will never "just put it on" quick.

I usually cant wait to try it. But I treat the clothing with respect. It's a transformation item to me and not a fetish prop.

So its carefully put back in the wrapper. Stashed in one of the boxes in the waldrobe. And I take a bath that night.

I am a nasty hairy ape in reality. A real caveman. I just cant shave my legs with a regular razor in the shower. My razor would clog up several 1000 times if I tried it. So I use a cutthroat single edge razor whilst having a bath. It's the only way it can work for me. It's also fun to watch the hair fall in the way it falls. A real daisycutter moment.

This bath will last 2 to 3 hours. And I'll cut myself... Im getting better tho.

The next day I'll go about my regular things. And in the evening have another shower and a "touch up" shave with a proper razor. Get those little bits I missed the previous day (that I will have spotted when sleeping the previus night) and generally to be as smooth as it's possible to be.

I only shave my legs, bottom and chest. Places that we can hide. My arms and armpit are left untouched. Im man mode my work dress is Jeans and t-shirt. Im an IT guy. Thats the unofficial uniform. I look no different to anyone else.

So anyway - after the refresh yourself shower and shave I dress in regular and go about whatever else Im doing. Maybe watch TV. Iv found that getting straight out of the shower and in mode doesnt work for me. I need to cool off slowly. Otherwise I'll get unplesently sticky.

Only after that do I go into my bedroom and put on the new outfit. I'll usually wear a wig with it (and MAN are my wig skills rubbish!). Im wearing shoes less and less now as I need better ones. Mine are "too heeley" and I only wear them for a good look now. They are also a bit "hookerish" and bought when I knew less than I do now. I'm going to get some new ones I think.

I have makeup. Just the sort of starter kit supermarket brand 14 year old girls would buy tho. No huge selection lists. It's quite likely I would put on some lipstick. Foundation/maskarea/eye highlighting.... not very likely. I dont go out anyway. And then Im done.

Over a day in preparation. 2 hours to dress. 1 hour in mode. About 2 hours to undress (it takes me ages to get out of a fitted dress without tearing it to bits) and half an hour to wash again if I need to (lippy has to come off!).

The clothes are stored away again as neat as they were before I test drove them

Talk about high maintenance!