Thread: Are we obsessive about other things.

Silver Member

Are we obsessive about other things.

Today I was changing out my seasonal clothes thinking I haven't worn this or that top yet. Lingerie is my true down fall. No one needs a couple hundred bras. It caused me to think about other things that I go to excess on. I have plenty of things I have too many of, unrelated to women's clothes. Tools, gadgets, and the list goes on. Besides women's clothing what other items do you obsess about.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I really don't obsess about womens clothes or girl related items. I have a lot but not an excessive amount.
    I guess I obsess about guitar building because everything HAS to be right. I make sure my soldering of electrical connections is clean and perfect as well.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I paint and draw, and will spend hours on one detail. When I show anyone a picture they say, oh yeah, very nice, whereas all I can see are things I'd change. (BTW a recent count revealed I had 47 bras and over 60 knickers!)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    No one needs a couple hundred bras.
    Good to know I'm not the only one. I don't have a hundred bras yet but I'm pretty close. I made a promise to myself that I would pare down my outfits next spring and I'm hoping I can make good on my promise. Besides obsessing about womens clothes, I love computer and networking gear. I'm constantly tinkering, upgrading my computer and networking gear at home.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation So, u think you're obsessed?

I have only obsessed about one thing in my life, Sherry. And, nothing compares to the details I have to prepare for one of her picto stories. The sets, the costumes, the camera angles, the order of scenes to be filmed, and the action of the characters to be filmed. Then, edit out defects from every photo I mite use.

It makes packing everything I'll need for a 5/6 day T event across country into a couple of suitcases for the flite seem like a walk in the park!

Here's a pic from my latest story to give u an example:

P1110001 (640x531).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-14-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It is not obsessive with me, I just don't throw much away.

If I cant find something I go and buy another.

That is a trap for young players in itself. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I used to obsess over ties, I had to have them in all colors, including pink, white, and purple.

I had several black ones, some with patterns that you barely see, however, distinct.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Seriously? Obsess is my middle name, and should have been my call-sign in the Navy.
    I'm a pilot, girls. Details; obsessing about attention to details. Know the numbers. Align the jet with the numbers.
    Multiply that obsession ten-fold for being in the Navy where they raise and train the world's greatest Housekeepers. A place for everything and everything in its place. No gear adrift.

As for CD Life, I obsess about one thing.... getting to do it.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Hell-o Liz,
    Of course there's more to me than this "obsessive" CDIng.
    It's just that those other things haven't stuck around as long!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

As the family handyman, more tools. As a hunter and fisherman, more gear and clothing. As a CDer, always on the lookout for, well, everything.

I obsess over everything. My motto is: "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess."

Aspiring Member
    Mt obsessions are tools, cameras & woman's clothing. It is 4:1 tools to everything else.
    Sara

Absolutely. Compulsive behavior personality patterns are very broad and extend into other facets of ones life. They come with the territory. I often laugh at my self, "do I really need all this?" Followed quickly by "yessss" 👗👗👗👗👗

Aspiring Member
    Learning in general; I can never get enough, even though there will always be things I will never know.

Among compulsive behaviours I was quite a superstitious person, and was in particular irrationally afraid of jinxing and tempting fate and all that jazz. I think most of it was a coping mechanism to protect myself from disappointment - there are much better ways to be impervious to disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    As the family handyman, more tools. As a hunter and fisherman, more gear and clothing.
    Oh. Perhaps Ilene has a new friend.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Ilene, do you like to hunt and fish, or do you need something fixed? haha