Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDing affecting what car I buy and it can't go on

CDing affecting what car I buy and it can't go on

Crossdressing is a huge part of my life and currently one of the only sources of comfort.

My car is now unreliable and in some ways dangerous, so I need to sort out a new one fast.

Because I often drive my car wearing women's clothes and sometimes forms but no makeup or wig, it's causing me to keep postponing a car purchase until I find one that I feel will allow me to continue. Just to explain, I do go out walking in the city fully en femme including makeup, forms and wig, but don't have much free time and like to wear women's clothes as often as I can, so when I go driving it's just the clothes...

I want a car that has enough trunk space for the clothes I sometimes travel with, plus room in the back seat row for me to change.

The main delay however is that I've got it in my head that taller cars with high driving positions are better because people in cars of normal height won't be able to look across and see me, if I get stuck in a jam or something. I think it stems from a couple occasions when I have been stuck in traffic jams and young guys in surrounding cars noticed me and took photos with their phones. My SO who is actually ok about my dressing says cars like SUVs can still be seen into by people in vans and trucks, so tells me it shouldn't be a factor.

Without telling me I'm insane (as it is important to me) what thoughts have you got? Any stories people can share about being seen when out dressed en femme even in their SUVs and pickup trucks might make me feel less determined to wait until I can find a tall car for my money.
    Last edited by silkycdresser; 11-14-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Get a car with privacy glass.

A BMW 7 series comes with it as standard. And if you got a car like that it wouldnt look like a "pimp my ride"... ride. It would be more "well... this is what they come like" car.

Stealth upon stealth

Just keep in mind unless you drive a tank someone will be able to see inside your vehicle?

I think that if you were to look around you would see a high percentage of vehicles out there that also have high driving positions do putting yourself in one would make little difference from a visibility standpoint. The biggest advantage of an SUV or van would really only be the room to change.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I think THIS would be the perfect rolling CD studio.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Just go to an auto shop and they will tint the windows to any shade of darkness. You can see out but others can't see in.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Just go to an auto shop and they will tint the windows to any shade of darkness. You can see out but others can't see in.
    I'm in the UK and front tints are illegal here

@Elizabeth G, you're right, a large percentage of cars are SUVs, which are still lower than vans and trucks/rigs/lorries/HGVs. Maybe I'm being stupid. I just feel more secure and less exposed when I'm sat higher up.

Aspiring Member
    You could always tint your windows to the limit of legality (I do not condone tinting them past the limit).

I'm sure I've been seen already (car lowered, not tall), but so far nobody's honked / thrown a camera flash / gestured at me. This being said, I've never stepped out of the car dressed outside my apartment's parking.

A large sedan might suit you, if not outright a Minivan or SUV. From first hand experience it's usually not too easy to discern the features of someone behind the glass of a relatively recent car, even from the driver's seat of a mid-sized van. I've only got as far as the side profile of a typical sedan's driver while driving a goods van.

Now a days I see more pickups and suv's on the road then I see cars.
    Outide of some type of privacy glass people are going to be able to see you.

my town & country van has shades of the rear seat windows

I blame my short arms and legs. A lot of drivers are able to hide behind the pillar in the middle of their cars, but even with the steering wheel pulled as far out as possible, my head and upper torso are still forward of the B-pillar. Damn.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've been out for a number of drives in a standard sized car, day and night. Never had a single incident, even with people right next to me. Whatever size car you get there will be plenty of others the same.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I've been out for a number of drives in a standard sized car, day and night. Never had a single incident, even with people right next to me. Whatever size car you get there will be plenty of others the same.
    I was just unlucky the two times some guys in passing vans started pointing, as I admit it's not happened since.

I have 2 suvs an explorer and an expedition. Love all the room in them, and the ride height. That being said I drive a flat bed tow truck for a liveing and can see into everything that has not been lifted excessively or isn't a Comercial truck while I'm in it. Biggest factors when buying a car should be is it reliable and are you going to be over all happy with it and of course can you afford it. Factor in Gass mileage if you drive a lot it gets expensive.

I drove to my transformation (3 1/2 hours) dressed with out wig or makeup in a corolla. No stares no honks no nothing!!! If you must, I like Carla's suggestion!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Reality Check
    Why not just make it a point to wear a wig, beard cover and lipstick when you're out driving?

Dark tinted windows are against the law in many places and are unsafe even where they are not illegal.

You can buy window shades that attach with suction cups to the glass. These are intended for use in the rear to keep the sun from shining in a baby's eyes. I've seen people stupid enough to use them on the front windows. I'm pointing this out as a possibility but not suggesting that you do it.

maybe something custom.....

....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I had the reverse,.
    The car I bought changed my CDing habits.

Ever tried to get in a truck wearing a tight skirt?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    This:

"people in cars of normal height won't be able to look across and see me,"

is is just not reality. The next time
    you are driving in guy mode, count how
    many times you even look at the details of any driver next to
    you. How many tIke's do you noticed being "scrutinized"? How much of your fellow drivers can you even see?

Cars and cross dressing are not related.

Firstly dont do anything that breaks the law.

Krisi mentioned tinted windows being illegal in some place.

The last thing you want is police scrutiny which will get you even more attention.

It wont matter what car you buy if your stuck in traffic those driving oncoming cars will see you. How much notice they will take of anyone is debatable.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Actually Bev, I have a 4x4 dodge diesel and it is pretty high. I love getting in and out of it in heels and a skirt. But our chick vehicle is a GMC canyon pickup. It is much lower and works well.
    Yes we are a truck family.
    Part Time Girl

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Wear sunglasses.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I drive a burnt orange 2015 Corvette. Someone would have to look real close to tell if I'm male or female.
    My windows do have a light tint (state legal). I guess it helps some, but my car does draw attention. Most
    people see the car, not the driver.
    Buy a car you will enjoy.

Banned Read only
    Silky,
    I had to change from my last car , in the UK we have MOTs, they are done on vehicles over three years old, my car passed all mechanical checks but sadly they found some hidden rust which was too expensive to weld when related to the value of the car . So now I have a less recogniseable Volvo V70 , at least I have plenty of room for all my stuff . I have to drive thirty or so miles to my social meetings along a major road and three villages I just treat it as bit of fun. Does it really matter if they do a double take, lets face it they only look again because they aren't sure who is driving , I just smile and make sure they can see my painted nails on the steering wheel.

Jen is right you have to look very hard to make out a driver, yes the tell tale male/female points are visible , as we all know from the ident pictures taken from traffic cameras.
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-14-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    This:

"people in cars of normal height won't be able to look across and see me,"

is is just not reality. The next time
    you are driving in guy mode, count how
    many times you even look at the details of any driver next to
    you. How many tIke's do you noticed being "scrutinized"? How much of your fellow drivers can you even see?

Cars and cross dressing are not related.
    Lately I've started counting, in both guy mode and semi-girl mode, how many times other drivers look across at me, and it's actually quite a lot. My wife says the same, noticing people on the motorway looking at others as they drive past. Bored passengers riding in vans on the way to jobs tend to look across, too, from my experience. And it's nothing to do with driving style. UK newspapers often have stories on things like "Woman seen driving car eating breakfast and filmed on video". This is what got me looking for a car that's more difficult to see into, what with social media and the ability to post a pic of me on Twitter or something.