Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDing affecting what car I buy and it can't go on

What difference does it make if they look at you? You don't know them and they don't know you, just smile and go on your way, you will not ever see them again, most likely. Buy, what ever car is to your liking, enjoy it when you go for a drive and remember to smile big. Marshalynn

Quote Originally Posted by silkycdresser View Post
    I'm in the UK and front tints are illegal here
    Unless the law has changed since I needed to know it (up to about 5 years ago when I made vague attempts to keep my track car road legal) they are not.

Back then it was quite tight on frontal windshield tinting. Side was at a 30% tint and rear was up to 90%. That might have changed... but I bet I would have heard screaming about it in the racing forums Im also a member of if it had.

I can find out tho if you need to know for certain. Im just not going to link this site to it!!!

A plain van would be perfect; plenty of room, for both changing and storing your stuff. You can even get extra work to pay for more pretty clothes by hiring yourself out as 'man with a van'....or 'woman with a van', depending on what they want to hire you for!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A case of paranoia is strong with this one LOL.
    Tint your windows is one thing you could do.
    I would think an SUV or crossover vehicle of some sort or van would work.
    People will see you no matter what you drive so not much you can do about that.

My recommendation?
    Get a convertible? Who cares if anyone sees?
    I have an Infiniti convertible and Driving While Dressed is one of my favorite fair weather activities (wig, makeup, earrings, scarf, .... everything). I don't even mind hiking my skirt up a bit to reveal some lace (slip or stocking tops) for the people in the trucks.
    It's kind of part of the sport.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I think you have misplaced priorities if you're letting your dressing dictate what type of vehicle you choose to purchase. There should be only one choice and that is the safest vehicle you can afford. I spend approximately two hours per work day commuting and I can tell you there are a lot of people behind the wheel who have absolutely no business whatsoever operating any sort of vehicle. You may be the safest driver on the street but that does not preclude some other reckless driver from causing an accident. Nobody wants to be involved in a car accident but what is more important? Walking away from an accident unscathed or having total strangers look at you? Put on a pair of sunglasses and ignore them. Don't let other people dictate how you live your life.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Couldn't resist this suggestion. Of course, you would have to change occupations.

image (2)p.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

All I can say is - chicks in trucks, rock!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Having been a commercial truck driver for 40 years (yes the big ones) we always looked but most of the time the truck was so high you couldn't see the face of the driver in the car.
    So just don't worry about it toss on some sunglasses if being seen bothers you and go on your way.
    I will give you an idea to think on :
    The only person that has a problem with being "seen" is you. The rest of the world could care less what you wear.

Volkswagen pink beetle its the ultimate girly car....
    When I'm lying in my bed
    I think about life
    and I think about death
    and neither one particularly appeals to me..............Morrissey

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I have found that when driving enfreme, no one looks in your car.... that is unless they notice that you are looking into theirs .
    So just pay no attention to the car next to you like at a red light and they will ignore you.

Even if they should happen to glance in you car, they will just perceive a female and will be it.

Anyone acting nervous by looking around, etc will just draw attention to themselves .

Isn't it interesting how CDing can effect other things in our lives.

I don't go out dressed so it wouldn't effect my car buying.

Over the last year I've been looking for a new job.
    One of the things that would effect which job I took is, it would have to have days off while the other house members were at work!

You know Judy time!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    One of the things that would effect which job I took is, it would have to have days off while the other house members were at work!
    I'm in exactly the same situation, as days off are a major concern for me. I've even turned down jobs over it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I can relate to turning down jobs that don't provide an opportunity to dress... and it makes me not feel so abnormal wanting a car that is more suitable.

Get a van. The window post usually hides your head. You are higher than most other vehicles. And you can climb in the back and change clothes if necessary.

Here is the USA, you can get limo tint. That is darkest without getting pulled over by a cop. If you talked them they know exactly what is legall and what itsn't. and then no one will be able to see you inside except through the windsheild.
    I have three different vehicles, sport car, SUV and Mini Van and I drive all three of them regualrly. You will realized that no matter what you drive, it is hard to see others in their car. Most are too busy in their own world to stare at you. But if I had to chose, the Mini van in the best as it sit higher up than most car and you have a lot of room inside.

What's wrong with tinting windows? You don't need to tint the front. Nobody is going to look behind to see you from the front. And as far as I noticed out in the street, tinting to the limit of legal is enough that you can't really see what cloth people inside are wearing.

In most European states is not allowed to tint front side windows more than is already tinted by the car maker and that is not enough. People can still see what you're wearing.
    My suggestion is: Don't buy a car that will attract attention. Buy something that is very common in your country in silver or dark grey color and drive fully dresses, with wig and makeup on. Also choose the licence plate that is not easy to remember. Even if someone notice that you're not a women, at least they won't recognize you if they see you again somewhere and is also less likely that people who actualy know you, can recognize you, if someone will take pictures of you and post it online.

Got it in one with your first suggestion, Carla!
    Last edited by Judith96a; 11-23-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Just get a mini van and become a soccer mom....problem solved
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I went for a Volkswagen Passat station wagon/estate in the end.