Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was thinking about crossdressing even when playing World of Warcraft

I was thinking about crossdressing even when playing World of Warcraft

So what does World of Warcraft have to do with crossdressing? Because I mentioned before that Princess Peach was my favorite video game character and I wanted to look like her, this all started happening when I played my favorite RPG game WOW. My characters all were male, and then I decided to play a Night Elf, which is primarily a female race. I quickly wound up deleting my male Night Elf and started a female on instead. She appealed to me because of her feminine looks, and I wanted to be like her. Now I know this may seem different from crossdressing in regular clothes and that this is just a video game, but I feel it really brings out more of my girl side. When I play as 1 of my female characters, I always like to imagine I am that character. So is this weird to anyone?

Platinum Member
    Go for it

Banned Read only
    Rainbow,
    Sometime ago playing female characters in games came up and it had some interesting replies.

I enjoyed making up a female golfer in Tiger Woods golf game, I became Sandy Irons or Judy Woods, not very original but still some fun !

I play WoW and all of my characters are female. My main is a tauren, so it isn't about the sexiness for me.
    Games are a good place to be the person that you want to. You aren't a night elf in real life so why does your character have to match your gender if your species doesn't?

Whatever floats your boat. There are no rules.

I enjoyed making up a female golfer in Tiger Woods golf game
    Teresa, I used to do this all the time, Haven't played in a very long time.

Not weird at all! Its fun to find clothes similar to your character and play while dressed up!

Phplayr I actually do have a couple of Princess Peach outfits that I wear from time to time. Although I never have really dressed up while playing because most of the time someone is home, and I want to keep my crossdressing a secret for now at least.
    While we're on the subject, I should point out I like female characters more in games than male. Part of the reason is because I love how sexy and hot they look, but I also love how they can dress up and fight great, and I imagine myself as 1 of them. Female fighters are obviously slim and skinny, so they are not strong like male characters, and they use speed and agility to take down their opponents. Chun-Li from Street Fighter is a great example. Then of course there's Princess Peach, who looks like your typical girl in a dress, but as everyone knows, she can fight along with the best of them. She not only fights in the Super Smash Brothers series, but also fights in many of the games alongside her hero Mario. I choose her as often as I can, wishing with all my heart that I could be her just for a short while.

I have been playing RPG's since The Realm came out in 1996 and have played pretty much all that have followed since then, In all that time I have never had a male character I always played as a female and agree that it does bring out the female side, I would always spend more time helping people and hated playing PVP. I was thinking of making a blood elf costume for Halloween next year.
    Last edited by April Showers; 11-15-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
    So what does World of Warcraft have to do with crossdressing? Because I mentioned before that Princess Peach was my favorite video game character and I wanted to look like her, this all started happening when I played my favorite RPG game WOW. My characters all were male, and then I decided to play a Night Elf, which is primarily a female race. I quickly wound up deleting my male Night Elf and started a female on instead. She appealed to me because of her feminine looks, and I wanted to be like her. Now I know this may seem different from crossdressing in regular clothes and that this is just a video game, but I feel it really brings out more of my girl side. When I play as 1 of my female characters, I always like to imagine I am that character. So is this weird to anyone?
    **cough: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Exris/simple

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Years ago I got into IMVU for a while.

Of course, I was a chick in it. I played the role pretty well -- and I believe many people thought I was one in real-life, too.

At the very least, I was usually dressed the part, anyway.

My God, what an addicting time-suck that was. Many times going to work the next day on only a few hours of sleep.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing strange about picking a female character.
    Do what you like when you play a game.
    I never got into gaming to be honest so I don't know any of the games you speak of.
    I tried final fantasy when it first came out but thought it was silly and a waste of time.

Weird not at all. I gather that many men create such characters for their looks, giving them skimpy armor or applying naked skins whenever possible. As to the desire to be like her, that may be a different story.

Many years ago I would play videogames a lot, as in A LOT (and giving me a chance to learn English where my teachers failed to do so). Given the chance, I would always end up either creating or choosing a female character, but that was because the looks and an attraction to skater and snowboarder girls (THPS or SSX series) or guitar girls (Guitar Hero; and I play the guitar myself). But there was one occasion I thought it would be really fun to be Cate Archer of the No One Lives Forever series.

Over the years, however, videogames lost their appeal at least for me, and on the rare occasions (Mass Effect, Dark Souls) I chose the default male character.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    I'm a gamer and almost always play female characters. In WoW, I'm an RPer, so each character has their own stories. Looking through my character list on WoW right now, I have:

110 Human Female Frost Mage (whom I RP as a high elf, since high elves aren't playable... she's my main)
    110 Human Female Discipline Priest (my most fleshed-out character with the most detailed back story. I have a pretty good idea what she'd be like in real life, so she has a Twitter account that serves for girly stuff, like tweeting with Aerie and Victoria's Secret)
    110 Worgen Male Feral Druid (he was originally made to be my priest's boyfriend in RP; that ended up going in a different direction)
    110 Night Elf Female Arms Warrior (whom I RP as a Nightborne, since Nightborne aren't really playable)
    109 Night Elf Female Vengeance Demon Hunter (whom I RP as a Warden, not a DH... DH just fits the Wardens' vicious combat style best)
    100 Human Female Protection Paladin
    100 Human Female Demonology Warlock
    100 Night Elf Female Outlaw Rogue (another incarnation of my Warden)
    100 Gnome Male Windwalker Monk
    100 Dwarf Male Elemental Shaman

So yeah, mostly girls! It's been a practice for a long time for me, since The Realm. As I've grown up, my reasons have changed. But yeah, in part because they look like what I can't. And in RP, they can be in the situations I can't. (Not THAT kind of RP, mind.)

On a side note, I recently tried the PS4's VR system with EVE Valkyrie. Incredible experience. I was trying it on someone else's account who had already made his (male) character, so I didn't get to create a female character, but it was pretty wild looking down at myself and seeing a body other than my own. VR is in pretty cool territory, and it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. Can't wait to try it with a female character, even though I know good and well I can't do much with it, lol.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Kiersten and Teresa, add me to the threesome - used to play as rather fetching female golfer in the old Links golf game.....now I know I'm dating myself!....

i guarantee you 70% of all female ingame chars in a mmo are in RL a male person in my linkshell in ff14 i am the only female on a female character, everyone else is a guy lol ( including some wierd interactions with emotes rofl)

My avatar is my female self from Sims2.

Banned Read only
    The only time I played a female character was in Star Wars Galaxies. I play a Twilek dancer who did nothing but dance in a cantina and got other players to give me gold/items. I'd laugh as players would "hit on" me or proposition me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashmau View Post
    i guarantee you 70% of all female ingame chars in a mmo are in RL a male person in my linkshell in ff14 i am the only female on a female character, everyone else is a guy lol ( including some wierd interactions with emotes rofl)
    I'm lost here.
    What does ingame chars mean and what is an mmo and linkshell ?

My current character in Skyrim is a female wood elf! She is using a mace and bow and magic and mostly kicking butt. It does not necessarily make me feel more feminine but whatever! Go for it if it helps!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Don't worry about it Traci. I was lost when they said Warcraft or whatever. I play zero. Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

A linkshell is a recurring means of communication in the Final Fantasy series. Appearing exclusively in massively multiplayer online games, it primarily serves to explain the ability of players to chat over great distances. Any message sent through a linkshell is received by everyone equipped with a matching item.

MMO = A massively multiplayer online game.

RPG = Role Playing Game

Ingame chars is in game characters or avatars.

Before I finally pulled myself away from WOW there were 4 female hunters in our raiding guild I was one of them and my wife and 2 of her girlfriends were the others and the girls DPS was higher than the mages in our guild who were all male.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    Years ago I got into IMVU for a while.
    Of course, I was a chick in it.
    My God, what an addicting time-suck that was.
    IMVU is the bush leagues compared to Second Life. ;-). I've been a SL resident and serious SL fashionista for over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm lost here.
    What does ingame chars mean and what is an mmo and linkshell ?
    “chars“ = characters, some players call them “toons“. In virtual worlds they are usually called avatars.

MMO = Massively multiplayer online, meaning lots of people playing in the same game at once.

Linkshell = the term used in Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV for guilds.

Guild = large player created group, usually they have specific in game features tied to them. For example, a player in Star Trek Online has their own ship, but only a Fleet (what guilds are called in Star Trek Online) can have their own Starbase with the in game benefits that can provide.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

@ traci

i apologize, i am very much involved in gaming communities and tend to forget that not everyone understands these specific terms. But Veronica and April tended to that

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Yeah, for our purposes here, a linkshell is basically a communication channel for friends to talk, coordinate and stuff.

An MMO (massively multiplayer online) is a game where many (we're talking thousands and thousands) people log into a server, create their own character, and run around controlling that character in this massive world full of players. So you see other players' characters running around and can communicate and work together with them. They can help you fighting an enemy, for example, and some of the most powerful enemies require careful coordination and planning between 5 players or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashmau View Post
    Aaah... MMOs. Where women are men, men are boys, and boys are FBI agents.

Seriously though, yeah, it's all just fun. I think it's been normalized to some degree - so many men do this now, and they don't display a hint of shame about it. I mean, c'mon, the female character models ARE beautiful.
    And if people complain "lol, you play a female character?!!!" - I'd say to them, 2005 called and it wants its fragile masculinity back.
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."