Thread: UGH. Haven't been able to wear a bra for 3 weeks and probably more weeks to go.

Silver Member

UGH. Haven't been able to wear a bra for 3 weeks and probably more weeks to go.

About a month ago went to the doctor for a lump in the bottom crease under my breast. She checked it out. It was exactly where a bra wire sits. She (the doc) said, I bet that bothers you, it would me. We need to get it out of the way. She scheduled me for surgery the next week. Everything went fine. After the surgery she said don't wear any clothes that will rub the stitches. So today I went back and the stitches were removed. I was told not to put pressure on it for at least a couple weeks and if it isn't smooth come back in and I'll polish it so it won't bother you. In the mean time the office called and informed me that it was not cancerous.

I've never come out to her, but wearing bras nearly every day I'm sure she could ascertain that I had the classic indicators brought on by bra wear. Especially the crease under my breasts. She ran her finger along the crease and held my breast up when she was feeling my breast lump.

Aspiring Member
    See, just like gurls on here keep telling us. Doctors don't care, they just want to heal you.

Silver Member
    I have several women friends who are nurses or techs. Yes the doctors and nurses are there to heal you. But, they also share stories about unusual things. Like how big one guy was in his male appendage. One night we all had a little too much and they told way more than I imagined. No names or way to know who they were talking about. I said that I hoped not to go to the ER. One of the gals said we all know about you so just make sure you have on clean panties.

Have you considered wire free bras (I don't mean bralettes)? Perhaps this will prevent the lump from occurring again?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you are fine so give it time to heal.

The good news is that it's benign! I certainly feel for you but It's a small price to pay for that diagnosis.

I had my protrusions felt by the doctor once, no comments about marks though.

No I am not out to the doctor.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Some years ago, before I really started to dress actively, I had a large, sore lump under my right nipple. I went to my long time GP friend and he said,"you're going to need a bigger bra!" We laughed (if he only knew). He ordered a mammogram. It was funny sitting in the lab's waiting room, the only guy in the bunch. My small girls (yes, both ..the left was for contrast purposes) got squeezed tightly. Not the C, thank goodness. My wife thought it was funny and laughed as I told her the story.