Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise and the modern crossdresser

Exercise and the modern crossdresser

Normally, I get my exercise by riding my bike a couple of times a week, but now that it gets dark at six o'clock I can't ride after work anymore.

So today against my better judgement I went out running.

I don't like running. It hurts my knees, my back, my ankles, my feet. Heck I think it even hurts my hair. . So when I went out running I thought, "well it IS dark. And most people ARE inside eating dinner." If this is going to hurt, why not make this fun. So I did what any self-respecting CDer would do. I put on a sports bra. After running a couple of miles I decided I should take it off so the sweat pattern on my shirt wouldn't give me away when I got back home. I would run one more mile with it off.

Oh
    My
    Gawwwwd!!!

It hurt. My man boobs were hurting me. And I don't really have that much although admittedly I am overweight. But wow, there was a big difference. Did you know that running with a sports bra helps alleviate pain in your man boobs when running???
    Last edited by IamWren; 11-16-2016 at 11:36 PM.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

ahhhhh..... so that's what the sports bra is for.

I wish I had boobs. I'm flatter than Kansas.

Sports bras are quite functional and useful for precisely the reason you described, Sue.
    I don't have "man boobs", am in shape and have a pretty firm chest. Yet I will often wear a sports bra with my workout gear, especially for riding my bike I completed a 250 mile ride last Sept, taking my time doing about 40-50 miles a day.
    On Day One of the ride I did NOT wear my sports bra and my nipples - yes, my male nipples - got rubbed raw because my shirt was hanging loosely on my ventral side as I leaned forward on the bike. (Was wearing a simple long sleeve cotton T shirt instead of a Spandex bike jersey.) Day Two I used the bra to great satisfaction.
    I'll also wear a sports bra when riding on days when it's a bit cool and I appreciate the extra warmth and security of the garment.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

When I was overweight I used to swim, easier on joints, good for strenghening the spine (don't all big people have back issues)
    lost about 50lbs in 3 months swimming and dieting
    Never worn a sports bra yet
    DSCF0205A.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I seldom workout without a sports bra. In the warmer months, I bike 7 miles every morning; now that it's colder, I do 2 miles on the treadmill. I have lost 22 pounds in the past 3 months, and much of the credit goes to my dressing. I love my running skorts, racerback tops, and colorful socks and sneakers. With the weight loss, my man boobs have become less bouncy...lots more muscle, less fat. I still love the feel of my sports bras. Most men's athletic clothing is baggy, saggy, and bland. I sit here now, after my 2 mile walk, in a purple and neon orange skort, a black racerback top with a neon pink, purple, and orange pattern, and a purple and orange sports bra...yup, all my outfits are color coordinated. The pretty outfits give me the incentive to get moving...many men are motivated to workout by a woman...I workout for my inner woman. Plus, I can now wear skirts and dresses that I stuffed into a "doesn't fit" drawer several years ago. Bonus!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Hi Sue,

It sounds like the perfect excuse to do a little underdressing still get exercise and make the workout a little more enjoyable. Win-win.

Elizabeth

I used padded sports bras for a few years while running. I've since left them on the shelf and I run in usually just a woman's Under Armour sports nylon shirt. I've lost so much weight that the man boobs are gone and back to a A/B cup which is fine by me. I've always focused on my legs anyway
    bi for now

Kathie Pantyhose
    Any day in pantyhose is a great day

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I find walking just as good as running if you have knee and back problems like I do.
    I do wear a sports bra a lot because I have moobs and yes some shirts do tend to rub the nipples raw under exertion.
    Started walking in the evening during the summer hoping to counter act weight gain but it hasn't helped much in that regard but I sure can walk a long way LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-17-2016 at 04:28 PM.

I do triathlons, up to and including full Ironmans. I'm starting to get pretty competitive and normally finish in the top couple people in the local races and top couple percent of ametures in the national level races. So everything I wear in training is 100% performance based. That being said, Ironman races have a "no nipple" policy which I have always found annoying. For the run, women can wear just a sports bra where guys have to keep their tri top on or their tri suit zipped up. After swimming 2.4 miles and riding 112 miles, you don't get to the marathon until the hottest part of the day. I've considered wearing a sports bra just so I could shed my top. Technically that would be legal and I'm sure why other male competitors haven't done it. I might have to do that next time.

Banned Spammer
    Sounds like a solid plan nonameyet.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    No question for me all my workouts are done in ladies workout gear, shorts, yoga pants and racerback tops and yes sports bra
    I too get more incentive to workout dressed and even will put on my girls hat and a bit of makeup and go to the local park
    for my exercise walk it's great and it keeps me healthy

Admittedly I am about 30 pounds overweight and I'm sure that's what is contributing to all the flesh up top but I wouldn't necessarily call them boobs. I mean they don't look like boobs or like gynecomastia. Nope... i just look fat.

Some of you know that I'm very firmly in the closet to my wife but I might test the waters a little about wearing a sports bra while running to her by saying I've seen some videos or read articles about athletes doing it. I guess we'll see.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Spammer
    Its been a while back but I was helping a GF of a friend up in a 5 ton military truck I was thinking about buying.
    She put her hand on my shoulder to steady herself,She felt the strap of my sports bra and smiled.
    When I got in and sat in the drivers seat she asked was that a bra I felt?
    I said yes and said it keeps my shirt from irritating my man boobs.
    Her comment was that makes perfect sense and told me she wouldn't tell and it was our secret.
    I told her thats OK and she said its nobody's business so as far as I know she never told her BF.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-20-2016 at 12:57 PM.

My man boobs do the same. sometimes i wish they were bigger or flat, if im going to have them give me at least something I can use.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I personally keep my CDing separate from my workouts.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Always figured if I get caught wearing a sports bra I would use the nipple chafing as the excuse, although its not really an excuse. It totally eliminates the chafing issue. I wear a sports bra under t's for nearly all running, biking and working out, especially during the cold/cool weather months, but have to be careful after it warms up and becomes much more noticeable. Always a bummer. Each season has its pluses and minuses. I'm also a heavy user of yoga pants, tights, and mulit colored capris. So yeah, I tend to exercise in girl mode, or underdressed in girl mode 98% of the time. I love all the clothing and color options. So much fun and makes working out fun for me!

LOL yeah it hurts, when I run at the country club where i work out, my man boobs bounce and that hurts after a while. So wearing a sports bra is nice but I still go there male.
    Part Time Girl

I like biking at night better than daylight invest in some goode light so that people see you.
    Planet bike makes some good ones at a decent price.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aBoyNamedSue View Post
    Exercise and the modern crossdresser

Am I the only one who's still wondering what exercising was like for the vintage crossdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    Am I the only one who's still wondering what exercising was like for the vintage crossdresser?
    The machines were barbaric and the pettie coats were hot.

That said I would like to get some ruffled clothes, looks very feminine.

Hate running. Rode a bike until my knees wouldn't tolerate it anymore. Now use a rowing machine for exercise (I set the leg part to zero resistance, so I can move my legs but there's almost no wear and tear going on there). Bra or no bra makes no difference, and I watch TV while I do it, so it doesn't take any time at all out of my day's other activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    don't all big people have back issues
    Uh, no, no we don't. While it's definitely not the norm, there are lots of big fat people who do exercise enough to keep the musculature in order to maintain decent posture, which will make a huge difference in whether you injure your back or not (also learning how to lift stuff is VERY important). I don't exercise a whole lot, but I do some simple stretching and rowing often which seems to have helped keep me from hurting myself when I do need to lift and move things.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-19-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I underdress when I walk. At the gym though it's strictly drab. That's me.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Always been a bit of an exercise junky. Over the years I have had to chop and change my workouts to try and slow things wearing out. I gave up golf and running years ago, as like you it just plane hurt my spine and knees. These days I enjoy walking the hills. Still great exercise, but without the pounding on your joints. The biggest benefit though is the clothing is unisex. So a closset CD like me can dress entirely from the women's racks at the store and not even the walkers I walk with regularly comment.

I've recently begun to wear a sports bra when I work out. Not that I need one for any of the reasons stated above. I just do it because it's one more thing that makes me feel feminine. I could care less if anyone sees it or what they may be thinking.