Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should not drink and dress

Should not drink and dress

It's Saturday night and I'm sitting in front of the computer checking out the forum .I'm all dressed with wig , makeup ,everything.Just having a couple of sodas .After sitting here for a while I need to use the Bathroom,it shouldn't be a challenge but it is.I'm wearing shapewear over tights over my hip and butt pad panties over this thonglike underwear thing that keeps my stuff tucked and I've got my false nails on,not glued I'm using the sticky tabs.I have to take care of business standing.Its a difficult job ,peeling ,pulling searching,all the while trying not to lose a nail you know where.It would be easier just going thirsty.How do you gurls who go clubbing manage?I like the way my body looks and feels with my layers .The only thing I would change is stockings instead of tights or pantyhose.I complain but I love it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You will learn in time you don't need to wear all that stuff.
    Hip and butt pads maybe but those are easy to re adjust after drop your load.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Not a fan of padding, Id rather make my waist thinner than my butt bigger but that's just me, does mean I can be in and out of the loo in minutes though.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

For me it is hip and butt padded panties, waist cincher over that and then the pantyhose/tights pulled up over all that. Then all I have to do is lower the panty hose to my thighs and the reach in from the lower side to pee. Then rearrange everything and pull up the panty hose. Good luck. Practice makes perfect.

Well, if you want to look like a woman, nobody said it would be a picnic! LOL My mother (God rest her soul) used to complain that women had to undress to go to the bathroom and men just had to unzip! So, when you are struggling with the clothes think of what the women go through! And love it and them!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I've got my false nails on,not glued I'm using the sticky tabs.
    I wish I hadn't glued mine tonight one tore in half taking it off now i have the bottom of the false nail stuck on so hard I will probably have to use an Emory board to get it off.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

It is an issue. It's why I don't go to the bathroom unless I absolutely have to when I am out in public. Because going to the bathroom means having to interfere with my spanx, hip pads, and tuck.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wear all that stuff every time I go out. Which is fairly often for a CD. Except the nails. WAY too much hassle!

I usually don't drink much the afternoons before I go out. And, rarely drink more than one when out. With dancing for hours at a club, in my dehydrated condition I can sometimes last 5 or 6 hours without a toilet stop. 2 drinks require one stop. Inside a tite ladies toilet with no mirror? It can take me 20 minutes to get everything back on correctly! (Sometimes it wasn't).
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Eh i think yall are worrying to much about looking perfect all the time if pepole dont like you for you thats there problem dosen't have to affect you in negaitive way. Who know if anything it could be positive because u make someone else feel better.

Banned Read only
    Karen,
    It all sounds very complicated just to be sitting at home on the computer, at home I just wear panties and suspenders with stockings , why do I need to tuck, bathroom isn't a problem.
    When I go out medium control panties over the top are enough to keep things tucked out the way, bathroom visits still not a problem !

If you don't need all the exrta padding why bother with it, I asked around at my social group if they use lower padding and not one does, to me they look perfectly OK, they just choose the right clothes for their figure.

Thats why I prefer to lounge around in pretty vintage nightgowns

For me, hip pads are one of those things that once you start wearing them, you can never go back to not wearing them

Clothes fit better, look better, and you have more confidence. I remember my non hip pad days how goofy I would look because of my wide shoulders and how I was straight with no curve all the way down from my armpits. I have a narrow waist for a guy(28 inches) and even then clothes don't look right unless I have hip pads on.

If you mainly wear non form fitting skirts/dresses that flare out then there isnt much point in wearing hip pads but for someone like me who prefers to mainly wear jeans and a tshirt I think they are almost necessary. I see CDs try to wear form fitting dresses and pencil skirts without hip pads and I wonder what is the point, it just doesn't look flattering at all.

The main benefits of going minus hip pads is that its just easier, you put on your panties and go. Hip pads add extra steps and maintenance, which can be a pain, and in the topic of this thread, makes going to the bathroom a real pain. But to me its worth it.

Platinum Member
    When I am fully dressed at home I am usually wearing a garter girdle with stockings and a full coverage nylon panty. Having a male figure of 42-38-40 there is not too much indentation at the waist, so my dresses are usually not form fitting; wraps, empire waists, sheaths. In the summer I throw on a maxi dress. If I have to relieve myself there is little difficulty. Heck, at home I don't even have to sit down if I have to void fluid. When I wear an open bottom girdle there is more adjusting. Just as an observation I've notice most women do not have really long nails anymore. Maybe that has come about due to more keyboarding. I chuckle a lot when I encounter cashiers with really long curvy nails as they struggle to hit the keys. Most women seem to have nails that just protrude over the tips of the fingers.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    Its a difficult job ,peeling ,pulling searching,all the while trying not to lose a nail you know where.It would be easier just going thirsty.How do you gurls who go clubbing manage?
    When I drink, usually I have to go a lot.

As a guy, I just go.

But when I used to go clubbing/bar-hopping en femme, I'd try to delay the trip to the restroom a bit every time. It was a time-consuming pain & a hassle -- but also a necessary one. There was simply no getting around all that.

As for nails, I just used to glue. But even then, that wasn't always fool-proof, so I had to be mindful of that during the whole process.

In my view, it was just one of those things that came with the territory, so you just have to roll with it, taking the good with the bad. All the positives greatly outweighed the small inconveniences like this.

When I am dressed, going to the loo is no problem and no problem out. Now, when I have on a girdle it takes more time and the retuck takes longer but I enjoy the fact that I am feminine and that is the problem all women go though except for the retuck., so I just enjoy the time I am like that. As for drinking, If I drink beer wow I seem to go a lot. Especially after three beers. Juice or sodas does the same.
    Part Time Girl

Pro tip: pantyhose to the outside. Generally, after you've faced the problem you just faced, you learn to think strategically. For me, things that can be pulled to the side (gaff, shapewear, etc) go to the inside, things that have to be lowered go to the outside. Once everything is in a proper sequence it stops being an issue. As for nails, there are two answers -- (1)smaller nails give you more control and have less mechanical advantage over your adhesive and (2) practice. Long nails, real or fake, require different techniques to perform any given task. You just have to learn to do it (or learn that you can't.) Especially if you're using adhesive tabs, you can just stick 'em on any time you have a free hour or so and learn to get used to doing things with them (like buttoning, typing, picking stuff up and so on.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Pro tip: pantyhose to the outside.
    Yep, this is what I do too. Panties first, then padded panty girdle, then panty hose on last. I always sit and just pull the whole lot down in one go.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    I thought I was the only one that had to "peel" shapewear like an onion before going to the bathroom.

At home (time permitting), I like to dress full out as Wendy, sort of how sometimeskaren describes her experience. I don't go out dressed, biggest reason is my wife has no problems with me dressing as wendy at home, but she made me promise that I do not go out dressed.

So what I've found is when I am dressed as Wendy, I drink very little so I don't have to go to the bathroom.

One problem with the suggestion not to drink: Doctors tell you to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day (I'm doing well with three.). I have experienced passing out and the ER doc said you're dehydrated. Fact is that the dehydration state is probably different for each individual but next time you feel dizzy consider your liquid intake. By the way "liquid" does not include alcohol drinks as they actually take more water out of the system.
    And yes, I'm one of those who has to take forever in a public restroom. In a way I envy those who come and go in the next stalls in seconds.
    Julie
    Summer-wear time

I now take Flomax which seems to have cut way down on trips to the bathroom. I was recently asked which bathroom I prefer to use, and I answered "Depends" I'm wearing them. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    For me, hip pads are one of those things that once you start wearing them, you can never go back to not wearing them

Clothes fit better, look better, and you have more confidence. I remember my non hip pad days how goofy I would look because of my wide shoulders and how I was straight with no curve all the way down from my armpits. I have a narrow waist for a guy(28 inches) and even then clothes don't look right unless I have hip pads on.

If you mainly wear non form fitting skirts/dresses that flare out then there isnt much point in wearing hip pads but for someone like me who prefers to mainly wear jeans and a tshirt I think they are almost necessary. I see CDs try to wear form fitting dresses and pencil skirts without hip pads and I wonder what is the point, it just doesn't look flattering at all.

The main benefits of going minus hip pads is that its just easier, you put on your panties and go. Hip pads add extra steps and maintenance, which can be a pain, and in the topic of this thread, makes going to the bathroom a real pain. But to me its worth it.
    It's hard for us to look like women without the hip and butt padding. I often wonder why so many crossdressers put so much effort into the wig, makeup, jewelry, breasts and even cleavage and then walk out the door with men's hips.

Three things do it for me and I don't wear one or two without the rest: Wig, breast forms and Veronica 5 hip and butt pads. Even at home it's all three or nothing.

I have no idea how I did it before hip pads.

Again if you only wear looser dresses/skirts that flare out, there is no need. But if you want to wear anything that is somewhat form fitting like jeans or pants or a tighter fitting dress or a pencil skirt I think its almost necessary. I can't think of anything more unflattering than having men's hips while wearing those items. I used to be one - I'd wear jeans and a t shirt and wonder why it did not look flattering or didn't look like it fit right. Or worse - the time I wore a tight fitting dress without hip pads. I cringe just thinking about it. And a lack of hips cant be compensated by a narrower waist - I have a pretty slim waist for a guy and yet it doesn't matter. Wearing the tightest corset/waist cincher won't give you the illusion of hips. Hip width is relative to shoulder width. If they aren't at least as wide as your shoulders it will look off.

Wow...it seems like I am a very simple woman.Saturday night I was sat in my favorite bar wearing dress, bra, panties and shoes. Nothing else...and that is what made feel so woman...

I've recently made a pair of hip pads and I agree, I really don't know what I did without them! Hip-hugging dresses finally look like something other than a potato sack!

However, going to the bathroom was, initially, what we would here call 'a handling' - complicated and fiddly - not least because my 'serious control top' tights (pantyhose for our Colonial Cousins) were the outer layer and holding everything else in place.

So... apply some systems engineering thinking (a.k.a. common sense) and a pair of scissors...

The tights have lost the non-control portion of their legs (now reach halfway down my thigh) and their crotch! The dressing order is no longer panties / gaff, pads, tights but pads, altered tights, panties / gaff. All of which means that should I need the bathroom I don't fall apart - the pads stay put!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Gaum View Post
    One problem with the suggestion not to drink: Doctors tell you to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day (I'm doing well with three.). I have experienced passing out and the ER doc said you're dehydrated. Fact is that the dehydration state is probably different for each individual but next time you feel dizzy consider your liquid intake. By the way "liquid" does not include alcohol drinks as they actually take more water out of the system.
    And yes, I'm one of those who has to take forever in a public restroom. In a way I envy those who come and go in the next stalls in seconds.
    Julie
    I intentionally dehydrate myself often when I dress, Julie. To minimize toilet hassles when out.

I always worry about the possible side effects of that. But, to date I've suffered none. I always drink water as soon as I get home and a lot the next day.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!