Thread: Baby Steps

Baby Steps

For the last while I've had an incredible urge to go out of the house dressed as Michelle. I'm in the closet but my wife and I are empty nesters and quite often work opposite schedules.
    Last night I took my first baby step. My wife was working until midnight. I was home alone. It was very dark outside. I was dressed with a bit of lipstick, mascara and eyeliner on and could no longer resist the urge to go out. I grabbed my keys, phone, and wallet and put them in an old black leather purse that my wife hasn't used in a couple of years; I walked out the front door onto the closed in front porch; no one around; I opened the porch door, walked down the front steps, across the driveway and into my car. From there I drove around the city's backstreets for about a half an hour. Wow! I can't describe the feeling other than to say that it was a rush. There's no way that I could "pass" at this point. I felt pretty confident driving around though.
    ................Just the beginning.

Below is what I was wearing:

File 2016-11-20, 1 15 55 PM.jpg

We all being some where and baby steps is the best way to get your feet wet sort to speak. Driving is a good way to start, or walking, but becareful because you get really nervous that the world is watching you and that is how accidents happen. I suggest that when you do go out, take a change of clothes and makeup remover with you, you never know and it's better to be safe than sorry.

I understand the feeling of wanting to get out there, it hits me quite a lot , here and there, and the experience is worth the effort most of the time. Nobody here got dressed one day and just went to the mall so your on the right track maybe telling your wife would be a good first step to expanding that world. just saying, I know it's easier said than done BUT if she truly loves you, CDing shouldn't be that big of a deal. Besides, if you do find yourself in a spot, the last thing you want to have to do is explain why your dressed like a woman to your wife. I wouldn't want to have to tell her that way.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Mdavis,
    Don't knock it, they are all steps most of us took, yes it does feel good, passing other motorists, maybe stopping for pedestrians to cross, I found that scary at the time when people passed that close and waved to acknowledge me. I chickened out a few times going for a walk . Now I drive the thirty miles dressed to go to my social meetings so those first drives all helped give me confidence.
    Last edited by Teresa; 11-20-2016 at 06:47 PM.

You look nice! Baby steps are good! My first time was a daytime drive! I drove past 2 police persons and a flagman no reactions at all! I did not have a wig or makeup. Doesn't it build such confidence? Best wishes going forward. Now tell your wife! You will have to sooner or later. If she finds out and you did not tell her, you have blown the trust thing. Trust, honesty, and communication are what help hold a relationship together! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Congratulations! It's a good idea to start small and get a feel for it. I started out similarly to you, as did a lot of others here I'm sure. The last time I was out was in the middle of the day in and out of a dozen stores and all over the city. It gets easier with practice.

Small steps are steps. Every step counts. Congratulations.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Baby steps are where most of us started and yes it's nerve wracking for sure. It helps to make you realize it isn't a big deal
    of course if you ever make that next step just know there will be more anxiety but when your ready and if it's really what you want it will be great.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Every journey starts with that first step. Good luck and keep going. You should tell the wife though, she will find out sooner or later, just my 2 cents.