Thread: TV series to watch and learn about women, friends, society etc. Any suggestions?

TV series to watch and learn about women, friends, society etc. Any suggestions?

I was searching for TV series to watch and understand a woman's world.. Where I could see them interaction, dealing with situations, talking to people etc to understand woman hood better. Seems like sex and the city is more fiction than reality.. Any suggestions??

Btw, I watch the good wife and see how Alisha deals with the situation and issues.. SHe is my hero

I cannot think of any TV shows that show or mimic real life in a broad sense. They are artificial constructs designed to entertain and not necessarily reflect reality for most. Even so-called reality TV is rarely "real".

There may be TV characters that you want to emulate, but does watching the show or copying their style or behavior help anyone to understand a woman's world (or anyone's world)? IMHO, no. In addition, there is not a singular world every woman resides in. Experiences vary tremendously based on a lot of different criteria. The only way to really understand any "world" is by directly and fully living and experiencing it for an extended time.

To be honest, I would suggest trying books instead. There is a lot more space to give to characters, stories, situations, etc. However, I'm sorry but I can't refer you to a particular one as my reading interests lie elsewhere. As for the TV series, have you heard about Gilmore Girls? I don't know about the newest series, but I found the old ones really fun and hilarious. The series deals with the life of a single mom with her daughter.
    Last edited by Lucy23; 11-20-2016 at 08:46 PM.

I agree with Lucy. I read a lot, not mystery or action packed novels, but the softer more complicated books that deal with real humans (as real as books treat them), and how they deal with life and those big and small issues life throws at them. I also agree that while out in the real world in guy mode, pay more attention to what women discuss, how they converse in a group small and large, how they listen and butt in when they need. Better yet, try to participate in some of these conversations in some way and then try to mimic what they do as women leaving your male character behind. You will find that is easier said than done! Good luck.

The Muppets- miss Piggy is bold, empowered and calls it like she sees it.
    She isn't afraid to clobber someone if nessasary, but can also pull off a formal look. Loyal, she stands by her frog. Also...she never ages. Hmmm.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    TV would be the last place to look because there is nothing real on it.
    Books would be better.