Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feel like a woman

Feel like a woman

So I have seen the other thread discussing about this and I would like to post my own questions that should help focus more on the main topic.

1. Does anyone here, mainly people who's born and lived as male, ever have a situation where you want to say or express your feeling like "I feel like a woman", for example when dressed up?
    a) If so, what do you actually mean?
    b) Does it depend on the surrounding context where you say it?

2. As a listener, if a male, particularly CD, say/express his feeling "I feel like a woman" to you, what do you think it means to you if that should happen?
    a) Again, does it depend on the surrounding context as well?
    b) [For TS who has transitioned or GG] Do you find this appropriate for a male to ever say this, such that it offends your gender or anything?

From what I have collected from the other thread, it seems there's a lot of variety of meaning to this.

I have seen that some people seem to not be convinced a male should ever say this because they would never know how real woman feels. I completely agree with the "a male never knows how real woman feels" part. But it's a question to me why one would think a male can/should never express this feeling. Does this offend to anybody in anyway? Or would it cause any bad consequences if a male should say this in public? What's the gain from not saying "I feel like a woman"?

To me, as a speaker, if I'm going to say "I feel like a woman" when dressed up, I don't really mean "I know how woman feels", I just mean "I feel like a female version of myself, and that includes just some of real woman attributes that I know from my experience such as having breasts/long hair/clean skin/shaved legs/beard/walking femininely/etc."

I will throw another example that shows similar meaning. Let's say, your male friend (not a CD) has long hair and he makes a joke saying, "Look at me, I feel like a woman now." In this scenario, he just means him having long hair makes him feel like he's a woman, just from outside look. He's not talking anything about inner thinking of woman.

So, from all this, I'd really like to know what are other people thinking about this. And I'd like to say anyone does have a right to say whatever they want, as long as it does not harm others. But what I don't understand yet is why someone say a male should never say "I feel like a woman". I'd really like to get more knowledge and come to the middle-ground of this so that both sides can have mutual understanding of each other. Really, this is a general problem with human miscommunication, both speakers and listeners should come to the middle-ground to understand what each side perceives and come to mutual understanding.

Phew! That's quite a long post I wrote there. If you have survived reading until here, thanks for reading!

- Bonnie

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Sometimes, when the combination of make-up, wig and lighting are right, I can get 4" from the mirror and almost pass out with happiness, because I recognise the woman in me looking back. Those are the purest moments of feeling feminine that I've experienced, and it touches me to my core. I feel like I'm looking into a woman's eyes, not a man's. The first time it happened I started crying.

Is this in any way what you're talking about? Being told 'You look just like a girl', which has happened a few times lately, is nothing compared to that feeling.
    I used to have a short attention spa

The answer to the question is how you define "feel like a woman". The answer can be as variable as the number of people defining it! I felt my feminine side at my transformation for 4 days. It felt so good I did not want to leave! I will not say I felt like a woman, just feminine. IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It realy depends on each person I think. But this
    "I feel like a female version of myself, and that includes just some of real woman attributes
    , this is exactly what many of us trying to achive. How we feel during that its again depends on each person. Some want to be fully connected to their female side (like I do) and want feel feminime and try to "feel like woman" in everything basicly. On other hand some of us, they enjoy to dress up feminine and like female clothing and I guess their feeling 'll be more distant to "feel like woman". Please correct me if I am wrong
    The term "I feel like woman" can't be taken exactly to point bcs yes, male never ever know what exactli it means. I even read blog once where gg wrote about it. That much hate to all tv,ts,cd and rest of our kind I didn't see in while. She pointed out that exact thing, that we never know what it means. Again, she were right, we do not know. I think nobody 'll argue about that. We can only assume that feeling we have while dressed IS what probably GG feel too, but we never know for sure. And by that "feel like a girl" many of us probably refer to all that about clothing and stuff. You know, feeling of stockings on our legs, weight our breasts, walk in sexy and painful heels,no need to write more,right? This is what most us refer to "feel like a woman". I think
    Personaly when dressed I feel like female version of me. Everything is same just my body, my sex is opposite. And I more say "I feel feminine but not as female", it may sounds weird but I hope you get my point
    Ash
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Sometimes, when the combination of make-up, wig and lighting are right, I can get 4" from the mirror and almost pass out with happiness, because I recognise the woman in me looking back. Those are the purest moments of feeling feminine that I've experienced, and it touches me to my core. I feel like I'm looking into a woman's eyes, not a man's. The first time it happened I started crying.
    I'm not sure if that passes as 'feeling like a woman' but, I've totally felt that experience and emotion. It's in my signature line.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

My feeling like a woman comes from how others perceive me.

If I am wearing a skirt, top and boots, I usually return a smile to women, shop without self consciousness in lingerie and makeup departments inquire about jewellery and other basic accessories.

I just feel I fit in.

If I was in drab I usually feel uneasy talking about Bras nd other lingerie and how attractive it would look on me.

It that situation I feel like a MAN.

So when I am at ease in a dress and shopping in the ladies department maybe I that is how a woman should feel.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    If someone else were to grab my boobs or my butt, they might say I feel like a woman. I can do that myself even. My breasts feel like female breasts and my butt feels like a female butt. Mentally though, I don't feel like a woman, I feel like I've always felt but with boobs and a bigger butt.

Anyone who thinks strapping on a wig and a pair of boobs changes their personality or likes and dislikes is fooling himself.

We should know by now that it's difficult to describe fluid gender identity in binary terms. I identify as a guy even when I crossdress - I'm just a guy who likes to dress up. But I accept that there are many who are gender fluid, because they say so. Yet there is a lot of resistance to the idea of sexual fluidity - different preferences according to how you're dressed. Too many members have posted that there are changes to their likes, dislikes, personality, and preferences when dressed. I believe them, even though not one of them.
    Fooling themselves? Maybe, if that's another way of saying fantasizing. When I was a boy, I played a lot of wiffle ball, pretending to be a major leaguer, adopting team and player identities - even the radio announcer "Now stepping up to the plate, batting leftie, Mickey Mantle". Was I pretending, fantasizing, or just fooling myself?
    I think too much is made of the "I feel like a woman" issue. Of course I can't know what it's like to be a woman. To me, when someone says "I feel like a woman", they mean "I feel like what I think it's like to be a woman.

Here's what I wrote earlier today in response to another thread http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...s-Female/page3. It seems equally relevant (or not!) here:

I feel almost an outsider when reading the many well-expressed and sensibly argued points here. This forum - this web site - includes the word "crossdresser" in its title and that's the key word for me. I have never worn a wig or used make-up; I don't possess any breast forms; I don't shave my body. Sadly, I've never been out dressed fully as a woman - though I have been "underdressed". That isn't to say I would not have liked to do any or all of those things but the opportunity hasn't arisen. I know I am not a woman and don't look like one. None of that really matters to me because my interest is in the clothing, the dressing. All I ever really wanted to know is what it feels like to wear (some of) the clothing worn by (some) women. The brackets are there because, for reasons I can't explain, I have no interest, for example, in wearing jeans or leggings or shorts, even if they are designed and cut for women. What I enjoy is experiencing what it feels like to be in a dress, to wear a bra, to wear tights or stockings, to wear shoes with high heels or platforms. Of course I don't know whether what it feels like to me is the same as it feels like to a woman: probably not, if only because my body is a different shape from that of most women. The bra, for example, can't feel the same because I don't have breasts. I don't suppose my girdles feel as they would on a woman because of the difference in the waist-hip ratio. In other words, I want to know what it feels like to wear those clothes and I believe I can get some idea of that - but it still will not be the same feeling that a woman gets.

It goes just a little further for me. As well as simply wearing the clothes I want to try to experience "doing things" while wearing them. Unfortunately I can't go as far as I would like - walking in a dress and heels across the park on a breezy day; getting in and out of a car in a smart, slim skirt; dashing through the rain hampered by heels and with wet stockings - and thousands of other every-day experiences. What I can do is feel what it's like to relax and watch TV in a dress with a silky slip beneath, covering legs in nylons held up with tight suspenders, feeling what it's like to have my waist held firmly in a girdle and my chest hugged by a bra. I can know what it's like to walk down the street wearing (under my male clothes) tights and a pantie girdle; to wait for, go up the stairs and sit on a bus in a suspender belt, stockings and bra. I can try different skirts, different tops, different dresses, different petticoats, different shoes with different heels, different bras - soft, underwired, long-line, lacy - different girdles, sheer tights, control-top tights, short skirts, long skirts, big skirts, straight skirts.....all these things in every combination. I think I have some idea what women's clothes feel like.....and just a little idea of how women might feel when they wear them. I will never feel like a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Chan View Post
    1. Does anyone here, mainly people who's born and lived as male, ever have a situation where you want to say or express your feeling like "I feel like a woman", for example when dressed up? If so, what do you actually mean?
    It means that I'm experiencing something, which I believe is in a similar way to how a woman would experience it. I know that it's probably inexact; there may be subtle, or major differences. But I am convinced that those differences are not necessarily the major part of that experience.

For example: When we wear the clothes, we feel the ways that women's clothing is different from mens. It fits differently, the material is often different, and it moves differently on the body. Jewelry too; we feel and see it, and that is usually within the same experience that a woman has with the same objects. But there will still be differences in the overall experience, such as the value a woman may have for certain items which may have been given to her by a boyfriend or husband, and so those objects have a different meaning to her, than things we buy for ourselves. Women have more emotional attachments to their belongings, different meanings they wish to express by what they wear, that most men simply don't feel. Consider the turmoil of picking out an outfit. I assure you, we don't go through anything remotely close to what a woman does when she does that. Every single little thing has a special meaning to her overall 'look' (this does not include times when doing chores or simple things). Not to mention, the need not to be seen in the same outfit again, which most men have no idea why anyone would have a problem with that. Then there is the value. Why is wearing a diamond different from wearing a CZ? after all, they look identical. But I guarantee you, women 'feel' that it's 'just different', as they say.

Lots of stuff like that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Women have more emotional attachments to their belongings...the turmoil of picking out an outfit...we don't go through anything remotely close to what a woman does when she does that. Every single little thing has a special meaning to her overall 'look' ...the need not to be seen in the same outfit again
    Well I can change hetero shirt, pants, shoes, socks, jacket, tie, 5 times before deciding what to wear to go out for dinner- I think a lot of gay men do that, as well as worrying about their hair, their complexion, fingernails, etc. I also routinely worry about wearing the same outfit twice to a place, even after a year has passed.

I also get off on silk ties, sharp tailoring, designer brands, textures- and colours- don't get me started.

So yes, I think I can relate very closely to what women go through when they're dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Anyone who thinks strapping on a wig and a pair of boobs changes their personality ...is fooling himself.
    With respect Krisi, I disagree. I feel completely different, I act differently, I relate to others differently - when I'm fully dressed and made-up. It's a total shift of core feelings. Or perhaps I'm just plain nuts?
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 11-21-2016 at 11:28 AM.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Silver Member
    Thank you. Bonnie Chan, for your post and thank all of you ladies for your well reasoned thoughts in reply.

There's one word that seems to continuously appear: FEEL...the feeling of this or that as it relates to CDing or TGing. Its what the individual feels.That is the key in his (her) perception. A male, however he is presenting as a person of the opposite sex, will never really know what a female feels, but when dressed in ways others have mentioned, he (she) can certainly have the feelings that he (she) feels are those of a woman. And, its wonderful, a fantasy, but still wonderful to feel like a woman in one's own mind.

At times I see my self as a women. I don't really know how any other person feels at any given time and I don't really care. I only know how I feel, and I enjoying being a women sometimes. At this very moment as I type this I'm a women in Iowa named Joann Kelly.
    Joann Kelly

Banned Read only
    Bonnie,
    I understand why you are asking the question , I know you may be looking for a definitive answer but I don't think you will get one, there are so many variables with members.

If I said I feel totally comfortable dressed, my mind and body feel in balance with being dressed does that part of me think it's a woman ?

In the other thread I replied that none of us can truly know what's in another person's brain so it's possibly wrong to tell people they can't know what it feels like .

Really even a GG can't tell us how we feel because they can never know what it's like to be a CDer, most if not all women just don't have that overlapping trait. That comes home to me quite forcibly as I'm in a DADT situation, my wife and sister in law just don't get it, but annoyingly it doesn't stop the harsh comments as if they are going to make a difference .

All I know is I was born with a female overlay or trait, the male side and female side became intertwined by my first sexual experience, from that time I became bi-gender and looking back it's probably when my GD started. I've finally come to terms with all that by accepting that CDing completes the story, I feel comfortable looking like woman but that doesn't make me a woman but as a GG put it, it makes me a very convincing one and that comment really does feel good to know .

Ok GG here

The comment doesn't offend me but.... When I see the threads that say "I feel like a woman" my eyes roll How can a male say that ? how do they know what it feels like to be a woman ? Now if they say "I can probably imagine how it feels to be a woman when I do this or when I dress" then yes maybe they can, but to say that you feel like a woman, nope it don't compute. It's like me saying I know what it's feels like to be a man
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can LOOK like a woman. But, I feel like ME no matter what clothes I'm wearing.

I can't say for sure what feeling like a man is like, much less a woman. I was a man for 50+ years with no gender issues. But, I've NEVER been a woman.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sandra,
    No matter what gender we can't get in each others head !

I once made the point when someone asked what a normal man thinks, I replied I can only answer that through a Cders eyes, I can't say how much influence it has on my thoughts but I usually do manage to put a different slant on things , my wife sometimes rolls her eyes but it just maybe my wiring that makes the difference .

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    When I see the threads that say "I feel like a woman" my eyes roll How can a male say that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I can LOOK like a woman. But, I feel like ME no matter what clothes I'm wearing.
    Both of these.

When CDers say, "I feel like a woman", it implies there is some universal way that women feel that the CDers have somehow tapped into. THERE ISN’T. Women experience the same feelings as men. They’re happy when they have successes and they’re disappointed when they don’t. They get angry like men, they laugh at jokes like men, they feel pressure at work like men, and the list can extend to any human emotion there is. They DON’T feel they are submissive or powerless, no more than a man might feel if someone stronger should get the better of him somehow.

Women and men feel the same things, so how can someone say they feel like someone else. I could never say I feel like my best friend, my mother, or anyone else. I can only ever just feel like me.

And so when CDers describe their enhanced feelings when they dress as "feeling like a woman", it rather describes an enhanced feeling. A more accurate way to describe this might be, "I feel [fill in the blank: excited/happy/great/high/aroused/etc] when I present as a woman". This is not how women feel when they go about their business on a day-to-day basis. We feel rather neutral, until something happens that triggers an emotion of some sort, like feeling annoyed if the person at the cash register in front of us takes much longer than is customary to transact their business.

Members here may respond that women must feel something that men don't feel, if they are dressed in an attractive manner and men should express their admiration for them (if men should think they are sexy). Well, I can tell you that I've been out with my sons when women expressed their admiration for them (flirting), and they felt the same way a woman does when it happens to her. It made them feel good.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-21-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    Reine

I am not sure but I think (and agree) what Sandra and Reine are saying. It is like when someone has a tragedy and some one trying to console them says I know how you feel. NO, you will never know how they feel! Women are women and men are men and this is more hormonal and how individual brains are wired. We are not in their skin. We can think we feel the way they feel but it is not the same. It is all individual whether women or men. Meaning no disrespect to anyone. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

OTOH, if I put on a ludicrously age-inappropriate mini skirt and go "Oh, I feel like a 2 dollar prossy in this skirt" I'm really not suggesting that the skirt has magically given me insight to the life and existence of an inexpensive sex worker. Are we possibly reading too much into the intentions of people who say "I feel like a woman"?
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom - Anais Nin

So, many who have replied here so far have been very active on this site for a long time. I always wonder why so many have to go to direct definitions to refute other member's statement, which may state one thing and mean something else like how one feels when dressed. We old timers here should have learned by now that to state one feels like a woman probably means feels like their own idea of what a woman feels like and to realize that not even women truly knows how another woman may feel under some similar circumstance. Each human feels, thinks and acts differently from the next based on the circumstances. As a group, many woman may act similarly, but not necessarily exactly the same.

So, why not learn to let these types of statements pass and worry about bigger issues? What about, "I feel free", "I feel like I am flying", I feel empowered", and so on? They are all based on how that individual relates to what is happening to them and not necessarily the lireal meaning of the statement. To the OP, I think you answered your own questions very well in your OP.

PS: In answer to the post above me, Yes, we are reading too much into a simple phrase that is used in different forms to express how one may be experiencing something.

Silver Member
    Sandra stated,"Now if they say "I can probably imagine how it feels to be a woman when I do this or when I dress" then yes maybe they can,..."

Might I suggest that everyone, hopefully, will accept this as being what a male CD or TG MEANS when he says he feels like a woman, so he doesn't get clobbered by saying it. Ditto for Reine's new, similar comment on this Post.
    Last edited by Jenny22; 11-21-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Nikki, that's amazing - I had an almost identical experience! The first time I ever cross-dressed, I looked in the mirror, and it was as if I had been blind all my life and my eyes finally opened. It wasn't a man with in a dress - I could see a woman in the mirror, even despite the awful makeup. Something right in the eyes told me that all my questions were about to be answered. Yes, I also started crying at that point.

My life hadn't been the same since that afternoon. It was the closest thing I've ever had to a religious experience.

Edit: The discussion is centering on "what does it mean to feel like a woman". I am ACUTELY aware that I don't know the experience of women. I've lived with enough women, my mother, wife, daughter, and have observed their lives, to know that my experience is not their experience. I don't actually know exactly what it's like to walk in their shoes, from childhood to old age. I know that putting on the clothes for an evening out at a nightclub does not make a woman out of me.

However, there is an unmistakable, unrelenting feeling inside me that I long to be female. That I wish for the 'furniture in my mind' to be different. That I feel bad whenever I experience masculine range of emotions. That it gives me profound joy when a stranger addresses me as female. So that's what *I* mean when I say "feel like a woman".

I'm also acutely aware that I will never be 100% a 'woman'. No amount of hormones or surgery will change my chromosomes, or the fact that I went through male puberty. The best I can hope for is 'trans woman'. Which, I've decided lately, is good enough for me to try.
    Last edited by Jesse Six; 11-21-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Women are women and men are men and this is more hormonal and how individual brains are wired.
    I partially agree with this. Women are women and men are men but only in terms of biology, which is their bodies and reproductive functions. Everything else is shared, or in other words, is not gendered.

You mention that individual brains are wired differently and this is true, but this, again, is not gendered into "male wiring" and "female wiring". Surely you've seen in families where the daughter's personality is more like her father's, and the son's personality is more like his mother's, yet neither the son nor daughter experiences any gender issues? Both men and women have the ability to experience the full breadth of human emotion and they have equal abilities to develop similar interests. Generations ago in our society, interests were more gendered than they are today. There was a wider chasm between what men and women did during the 1950s than today. But this is no longer true. And interests are influenced by social constructs, they are not innate. If a girl grows up being told that girls don't tinker with cars, she won't. But if she grows up in a world that tells her she is perfectly capable to fix her own car, she will.

Last year my car battery died. I wanted to save money so I called a good female friend who also likes to save money, (she isn't paid as much as the men in her department), and she came over to help me remove it, drove us to the automotive store to buy a new one, and drove us back so we could install it. Does this mean we have male brain wiring? I don't think so.

Nikki, women don't experience what you describe. We're not struggling with identify issues, so when we look at ourselves in the mirror, we don't experience what you do. What you experienced was deep happiness over having achieved a physical transformation that erased your male gender cues, which I think is rather common among this forum's membership if they achieve the same thing. But, respecfully, feeling happiness because we look like women is not something that we experience. We rather know we are women, because we are, and this doesn't bring us to the depths of happiness as it did with you. We feel rather neutral about it, the same way a man feels about being male. Does this make sense?
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-21-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    Reine

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    "You mention that individual brains are wired differently and this is true, but this, again, is not gendered into 'male wiring' and 'female wiring'."

This guy disagrees...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkZvLHiaHQc