Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the draw of going to the mall for crossdressers?

Someone once asked a gangster "Why do you rob banks?" He replied "Because that is where the money is."

Malls have the stuff I want and are pleasant places to be. You're out in public, but it is a distracted public that doesn't pay a lot of attention to those around them.

The attraction of the Mall.....it's where the stores are.
    C'mon, now how about a hard question??
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Full length mirrors 😜

Aspiring Member
    I love shopping! Stores every were. With so many people around the is a bit more anonymity.

Sara

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    The attraction of the Mall.....it's where the stores are.
    C'mon, now how about a hard question??
    But why go dressed?

I've shopped for fem stuff at the mall before -- in guy-mode.

I suppose one could make the case that it's for proper fit/sizing. But even then, one could still wear hip pads/fake boobs/waist slimmer under their guy-clothes, no?

Obviously there's something else going on than just that, which is fine & understandable.

The makeup counter can be fun!

I go to the mall, just like I go to the grocery store, the beauty supply store or where ever. At first it is a thrill, then it becomes part of your everyday existence. I don't worry about who is judging me or looking my way, but then again I also don't go shopping in 5 inch heels and a sequin evening dress. I dress pretty much like the other 50 year old housewives at the store.

Now about those heels and evening dress? Love them, but finding a place to actually wear them out is the challenging part.

I agree that going in guy mode to shop for female items can be fun and exciting too. If you get a helpful (female) salesperson it can make your day!

The mall has some nice stores and you can be there and nobody bothers you. I go there to buy something and they have nice lunch or dinner centers and it is relaxing to be there. i have been there en femme and been all over the mall and the SA's are very nice.
    Part Time Girl

If you dress in camouflage and go to the beach you will stand out. If you go where the trees are you will blend in. Stores and the mall are where the trees are.

Silver Member
    Malls are a great place to test the waters when first going out. It is a far (physically) safer place to go out dressed when starting out than going out a night, especially alone. There are people to try and interact with safely too.

I don't do much actual shopping at malls anymore since I can find what I want online so much cheaper. But it is sometimes a fun outing.

Anyone who has watched a George Romero movie knows that , even in death, we are instinctively drawn to the mall.

The times I've gone out dressed I've enjoyed going shopping because it is more fun shopping for outfits while dressed, you can try things on and see what they'll look like on you. I also like the validation of just going out and doing normal things while dressed as a female.

Aspiring Member
    One if my first totally dressed as woman outings was at the mall. I went about noon before school kids were there. I do think a very busy mall would be best as to blend in more with the crowd. I much prefer to go to Victoria's Secret as a woman than as a man to browse and then buy a few items. After a time or two I just went where anyone else would go...I have never had a problem anywhere. I say the mall a good first time outing place...
    Last edited by JamieQ; 01-20-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Banned Read only
    Well put, Kimberly...The movie theater for me a place where's there's plenty of trees too! Yeah, your right, camo at the beach would definitely get you some really weird looks! In the town where I live, if you go to our local Walmart, camouflage is usually the fashion of the day. The only thing camo I own is a pair of preppy saddle shoes with camo saddles. Most of the shoe, other than the camo saddles and back, is a really light beige suede. I'll occasionally wear the with a khaki colored pair of jeans but definitely not dressed as Scarlett. There's a lot of deer killers around here. I respect all hunters if they eat what they kill. But if I went out in the woods and killed a deer, I would probably cry for a week. I'm not a hunter. I really enjoyed your short but on point post. Well done Kimberly....Scarlett

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

You're right, Linda. You definitely don't want to wear a formal ball gown to the mall, a movie theater, a bowling alley, or a restaurant. I don't think I will ever own a ball gown. My wife has about 15 or twenty of them and looks gorgeous in every single one of them. She's got the curves and other looks to pull the ball gown look off in a formal setting. She has a very wealthy buddy who's the same size she is and the wealthy lady buys about three or four gowns a year and seems to never wear them more than once. So when she's worn them her one time, she sells them to my wife for pennies on the dollar....Lucky and smokin' hot girl. She'll be wearing one of those gowns next Friday and I will be wearing a slim cut suit. I own about 20 of those. But it's never Scarlett in those suits! Your post is funny....Scarlett

That would be one of my first stops. I bet those ladies are pretty open minded. Besides, I've gotten really good at applying makeup based on the time I have spent watching the pro videos on line displaying all the tricks of the trade. I'm always learning something new though. Mona Lisa, you look like you've got the makeup application process down pat. Your profile photo is stunning. You are like me, when dressed as a girl, they can no way tell we are anything but! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!....Scarlett

You're funny, Cheryl...I love your reply...Quick, effective, and right to the point! Here's a great question for you...With our technology today and with our recent passing of the last guy, Gene Cernan, who left our final footprint on the moon, why haven't we gone back and set up a space station on the moon? The NASA space program created hundreds of thousands of high paying jobs back in the 60's and 70's. The Space Shuttle seemed to be a huge waist of time and money...I think it's time to go back after a 40 year absence from Gene Cernan's last footprint on our moon, don't you? Here's another question - Why do us girls have to have our mouths wide open while applying mascara?....Sincerely, Scarlett

Yepper, and people are walking over the place and they always seemed to be so distracted with a phone, friends, and other people watching themselves but only for just a split second of notice of another person while walking pretty fast....Scarlett

Now that's coming from a seasoned pro at this stuff. Short, sweet, and right to the point, Cynthia!...Scarlett

I really like the "longevity of my look" thoughts. I thinks that's a great idea. To pop into an anchor store restroom to check your pretty self out. Your hair may be out of place or you might have a tiny bit of lipstick on your front teeth. How are those boots, ankle booties, or heels feeling after about an hour or two. Practicing the walking is always a great idea. Walking straight at a full length mirror inside or on the outside of some stores. The walk is important. Family restrooms are awesome and the movie theaters and Khol's always have very clean and well attended to family restrooms. I hope they become more common place...Really enjoyed your post Sarah...Well done...Scarlett

I spent yesterday afternoon at the mall looking like my avatar pic, and thought about what I was enjoying. I'd sum it up by saying I was so happy to have all the experiences I have been envious of- clopping along in my heels, happy to be light on my feet and enjoying my short dress, enjoying the feeling of actually doing it rather than just wishing I was doing it. I felt good the whole time and afterwards, and it seems to be helping in the sense of lowering my fantasy level energy.

Satisfying the jealousy, which reflects some emotional needs, was therapeutic and I am very grateful for the opportunity. I was occupying the space in society reserved for men in dresses, which was fine with me!
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    You mentioned three and they are all right but a fourth and most important is dressing as a woman and getting out in public, like a bird being let out of a cage, you are out of the protection of the house and feeling equal and doing what other women and society does. It validates yourself and also that of being a CD. In other words just wanting to blend and accepted as any other person in the mall. Having done this it really feels good while dressed walking in the mall, going in stores, trying on female clothes, buying them, having a bite to eat and passing just as any other women. Not calling attention in any way, wanting to be a grain of sand on the beach and it feels so nice when you aren't even noticed. And doesn't it feel really good dressed and wearing female clothes; how you walk different wearing heels and the click on the mall floor, the protrusion of breasts, hose, panties, bra and a dress and the taste of lipstick and earrings. It feels very nice not to feel like a man.
    I think you said it best. I have only been once in Las Vegas but am trying to get up the nerve to go out locally to the mall.

It a nice experience, browsing through the rails taking some items to the changing room and trying them on, or being at the makeup counter and discussing cosmetics, interacting with the SA's and it gets you out of the house
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!