Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the draw of going to the mall for crossdressers?

Shopping every time

Sometimes on my own or with friends. Then maybe find somewhere nice for lunch.

The question is why does anyone go anywhere ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Nope make the question:
    Why overwhelm your outing with reading what other people's reaction is to your crossdressing?
    I made mall outings a specific place as it seems like many folks here are so focused on describing the people's reactions when they have a mall outing.

Personally, being out enfemme is a form of validation. I don't want to be noticed or stand out and if I felt I would be easily clocked based on choice of clothes and/or makeup, I would not go out. Seems strange, but the validation isn't people noticing, it is that they are not noticing which affirms my transformation from masculine to feminine. It also gives me feelings of freedom for some reason.

This is an interesting question and I'm enjoying reading other girls' take on it.

I present male, but I wear skirts, etc. I do not test my blending capabilities. I am attracted to the mall. If I could get a job that let me dress every day and interact with the public, that would be better. I think I simply desire to get out around people while dressed. The mall is where people are.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

For me, it's about being a woman and doing "woman things"! Simple as that. I need to get completely in to the role, so to speak.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Nope make the question:
    Why overwhelm your outing with reading what other people's reaction is to your crossdressing?
    I made mall outings a specific place as it seems like many folks here are so focused on describing the people's reactions when they have a mall outing.
    I'm not sure there are many who go places solely to get reactions of others and then report on such in these pages. Then again, there are some strange tales indeed in the historical record. One which comes to mind (before my time here) where the perpetrator was a person who had a "list" of rather extreme tasks in which involved the gauging of reactions or actually roping unsuspecting Muggles into his fetishistic game, making them unwitting parts of his little fantasies. Of course this is an extreme example and is patently wrong on so many levels.

My point in raising such an example is to show that some will in fact fit the original premise, obviously on a much more innocent and harmless level. However, for those who try and blend in with the crowd, we often look back on an outing to measure how successful we were. I know I do this, the measurement being whether any negativity was detected. Thing is, we never know what happens in our wake but regardless, reporting back a post-mortem (so to speak) is validating in some way. No outward negativity, personal interactions were polite, etc, all makes for a nice exclamation point on an outing, yet not something to obsess over. This is not the end-all reason for going out & about, at least for me.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    For me, if the mall could be completely empty of people and I could still experience the clicking of the heels on the marble floors, hear that echoed, feel the different climate zones on me (legs and feet cool, thighs a bit warmer, torso and head top of head warm), and see the lovely colors/fabrics/styles, then I would be just fine. But this is not to be.

So I go, even with the crowds and blend in.

And bored with it? NEVER EVER!!!!!
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 11-22-2016 at 10:25 PM.

My reasons are the same as everybody else's. I'll take the "don't you get tired of it" part.

Yes. Totally bored by it. But, I don't know what else to do. I never dress to stay home. When I go shopping I at least try to buy something, but more times than not there's nothing I want, and certainly nothing I need. It's strictly to get out. I go to the grocery store, etc., too. Those places can at least be a little productive. Boring as it may be, it still serves a purpose. It's just what I do.

Rhonda ? You say :" Yes. Totally bored by it "

No offense because we are all different , but really ?

The best part of being a girl is shopping ! Finding outfits and accessories and trying them on and chatting with others about what is cute or looks good together. Meeting with friends and shopping with them . I even especially like going with my wife and helping her find some cute things that look good on her .

I thought most here who "dress" enjoy being a " girl "? Again , no offense, just rather surprised

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Chantal I kinda figured you would answer that way LOLOL.
    I enjoy your posts and all the fun photos don't change a thing about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by immindy View Post
    I thought most here who "dress" enjoy being a " girl "? Again , no offense, just rather surprised
    Count me in as bored as well. I guess after 25 years or so of going out, it just isn't what it was way back when.

Malls are something to do. Malls are cool if you need to go there (like Black Friday, my fav day of the year to hit the mall). But the shopping part, trying on stuff is tedious. That train left the station long ago.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

with me it is people watching girl wise ,not in the typical male sense but that of the girl sense of I wonder what I would look like dressed like that or I wish I had that figure observing the different walks , the fashion to age match this has helped me keep from making a lot of mistakes that would attract unwanted attention ( no a 62 yr old should not dress like a corner street girl) basically a jeans and boots girl type easy to blend in with ,and more importantly shopping wise I own the moment no matter how I present the s/a's really bend over backwards from fitting to what works fashion wise and most importantly put you at ease
    hugs phylis anne

Quote Originally Posted by immindy View Post
    Rhonda ? You say :" Yes. Totally bored by it "

No offense because we are all different , but really ?

The best part of being a girl is shopping ! Finding outfits and accessories and trying them on and chatting with others about what is cute or looks good together. Meeting with friends and shopping with them . I even especially like going with my wife and helping her find some cute things that look good on her .

I think I can clear that up. I'm not bored by being a girl, it's just that the whole mall thing gets tiresome. I feel like I've seen everything I can possibly see in any mall, and it can seem like a colossal waste of time. It's not unlike when I was a teenager and would get dressed and drive around to convenience stores and go in and buy some little something I didn't need. After several convenience stores, it seems a little nuts, repetitive, and boring. String a few weekends together of making the rounds of convenience stores and it seemed a lot nuts! The mall has taken the place of the convenience store. That's why going to the grocery store is a step up. At least I'm buying things I need, and making a better use of time. Eating at restaurants is a step up, again because I'm doing something useful.

Oddly enough, for as often as I've been shopping while dressed, I've never been to a mall en femme. I do think it would be a fun place to chill out though. I'd get to look for nice new clothes and snag an Orange Julius. Ooooh boy. That'd be pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    Tired of shopping ?? Never LOL...It is a place gals go to I guess for a place to "go" which I think is great, cause after that most start not caring anymore, and go anywhere, the buzz of first excursions gets old as confidence builds and thats a good thing...its also a good thing because in public we are our own ambassadors for our community, the more we are scene as part of the community the more acceptance as a whole we will gain.
    Very well said Adriana. And you look super cute in the pic... love the boots and glasses!

So why go to the mall? Let's turn that around and ask, if not the mall where would you go when presenting enfemme?

In truth during daylight hours there's not that much to do enfemme unless you're fully out and living 24/7 and hence doing the mundane things such as going to work or acting as a stay at home mum and taking kids/grand kids to and from school etc. For the rest of us it's a place to go that's relatively safe, easy to access and provides opportunities to interact with the muggles just as any GG would. it's not about showing off quite the opposite as when you read posts here about going out to malls the vast majority do the "Dress to Blend" thing. It's about being part of the crowd not standing out within it.

For me going to the retail park/mall provides an opportunity just do a "normal" everyday activity. If I am shopping then I'll stop at some point to get a bite to eat in a cafe whether that's in a dept store or a stand alone coffee/sandwich bar. I've recently added traveling there and back on public transport or if driving I'll stop for fuel and pay not at the pump but in the shop. And it's not just clothing stores. I've been into electrical stores for USB leads, DIY stores for glue as well as food shopping in supermarkets. In the evenings I've been out to the cinema and dined in restaurants.

At no time am I looking to be the focus of everyone's attention, quite the opposite. Just looking to do what any GG would do.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't need Muggles to feel unvalidated. I have a mirror at home that works just fine for that!
    If u can pass when out or feel validated or like interacting with everyone knowing your're a man in a dress? Good for u!
    I can neither pass, get validation, (think ridicule primarily), or enjoy that my "man in a dress" look is the topic of conversation with everyone I meet!

Someone mentioned wanting to blend in, be invisible when out in public. Yes, I want that! Which is why I go out in drab. No one gives me a second look, ever!

Being aware and wary of everyone I see is a distraction that I don't enjoy when out shopping, running errands, or grabbing a bite. I don't want, need, or enjoy attention in Vanilla Land. Besides, I'm a CD. I dress for me and like to look attractive, at least.
    U can keep "dressing to blend"!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-25-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I just love being a woman and shopping for women's clothes, lingerie, accessories, makeup, shoes, everything!

Jamie
    Last edited by Jamie Christopher; 11-25-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    At the makeup counter

Just came from the mall. I think I saw a CD. Dressed great, certainly did not blend in. The Adam's apple was the only real giveaway. Sadly, as always, I was in drab

Why the mall? For me it's for no other reason than it is somewhere to walk for an extended period of time. It also provides me with opportunities to interact with others. I could care less about what others think about me. A mall provides many different places and opportunities to have different experiences.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Such an interesting question! I went to a mall dressed for the first time only two days ago. I must admit, while I enjoyed the experience, part of me is confused why I went to such effort with all the stress. I think maybe, I just wanted to be able to shop for clothes and make-up without worrying that anyone thought it was weird that a bloke was looking at such items.

Of course, it would be no different if I looked like a bloke in a dress, but I think I blended in reasonably well. Certainly, I felt much more comfortable browsing the racks in girl mode than in boy mode. It was fun to shop while feeling I belonged there.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Haven't been out lately, as I only go out 'out of town', as the wife is accepting, but doesn't want the 'local' world to see her with 'Dave in a dress'!
    I accept that, and enjoy trips shopping with her and the daughter (who thinks its neat), although it isn't often.. I have been to local strip malls, and walked thru stores with no issues, on my own, locally, but just by myself... Guess I pass for the most part, and even tho' I just turned 70, I dress more 40ish.. Its just me, and I like to be out and about dressed as a woman!
    Blending in as 'just another pretty woman' is my goal.. I guess I have accomplished that for the most part!.. and I still love going to malls after all these years..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Going to the mall en femme holds zero appeal for me. I prefer to shop in drab, as I can get it done without the added distraction of worrying about who's reading me or if some hater is going to make a scene. With the exception of occasionally having to run into a store for some cosmetic item that I discover I need AFTER I've gotten made up, I never shp in girl mode. If I am going to go out en femme, you can almost certainly bet that it will be someplace where I can socialize and where I am appreciated and celebrated--much more fun and relaxing than gauging "reactions" to my presence in a mall.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Count me in as one who loves going to the mall! I agree with all the positive reasons you gals have mentioned above.

One reason I might add as well - it allows me the opportunity (in a fun and fluid environment I might add) to test the longevity of my look. For instance, how is my makeup holding up? How about my wig's style? Do my feet hurt? How am I doing with these shoes on this floor surface? Practice your walking. Are my hip pads staying in place? One time early on in using them, they started to shift Thank goodness for being able to find a family restroom to get them fixed.

As Kandi mentioned too - it's a place to practice my presentation and have multiple interactions. I really want to start working on my voice, and trips to the mall will someday be a testing ground for that too.

I go to the mall for the same reason I go to any store, to shop. I'm not that interested in other people's reactions. My female clothing has, over the years, become "just my regular clothes." I don't really think about what I'm wearing any more.