Thread: A long day but a good day

A long day but a good day

So last Wednesday I set off in a pencil skirt , top, flat knee high boots, ie dressed to blend and headed out to do a bit of shopping. Initially I called in at one of those shops made up of branded names supposedly at greatly reduced prices. A quick look around, picked up a pair of cheap but sparkly clips on's and then carried on to where I really wanted to be. A very large M&S at the Cheshire Oaks retail park with the aim of buying some new bras. Most stores I'd already looked at didn't do my band size so M&S seemed my best bet.

Got there, parked and headed in, located the lingerie dept. and quickly found a number of my sized bras. My intention was to replace both a black and a red bra that didn't fit my new forms but there was also this purple bra that spoke to me so I ended up with the 3. I just glanced at the nightwear section and spotted a cammi style 3/4 length nightie were the shoulder straps met in the middle of the back (in red) so that went to the sales counter as well. Perused the garment racks a little more before picking up a bite to eat from the food section.

Back to the car for the short drive around to the main retail park. Visited a good few shops but nothing really floated my boat. Well by now time was marching on and I wanted to be in Manchester by 18:00 so set off on the drive over.

Found the car park close to Manchester's Gay Village and as it was now dark did a quick change act on the back seat into my dress and heels.

Then it's off around the corner to the Italian restaurant above which the Concord group meets. Walked in, asked for a table and was seated next to another CD'er. So we struck up a conversation and were joined shortly after by another gurl. After eating all 3 of us went upstairs to the function rooms where the group holds it's weekly Wednesday meetings. So we sat and chatted over a drink or 2, non alcoholic in my case as I'd a long drive back, until it was time to leave.

The secretary of the group said a few of them were off around the corner for a few more drinks and I was welcome to tag along. Turned out to be a quiet civilized bar, no loud music so we were able to talk, relate our own personal experiences and emphasise with that of others. One 'o clock came and it was time to go home. Said our goodbyes and by the time I'd walked back to the car and driven home it was something like 2:30 in the morning.

So by the time I'd cleaned off the makeup etc I was ready for my bed. Tired but pleased with the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-21-2016 at 07:57 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

What a wonderful outing, Helen; thank you for sharing it with us, and you look great!

Congratulations on such a full schedule of activities. Also, thanks for sharing your story and picture. You look so natural , casually elegant and so very happy.

You really had a long day but it sounded like a fun one. You look great in your picture.

Sounds like a long great day! You look lovely in your picture. I like the dress. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

That is a long day! Glad you had a good time.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds like a fine time - you look lovely!

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Love the photo!

I'm glad you had such a good day.

You look good, why not drive around the UK like I do when there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like you had a great day. Great outfit. Love the photo!
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Aspiring Member
    What a lovely day for a lovely woman - you looked great!

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Thanks for sharing your day, and I think the pictures great, nice outfit to go to the meeting in.

I guess we are lucky with our group, the hotel does great bar snacks and we often get M&Co to put on a display of clothes for us. I'll admit no drinking because of the drive home and the dreaded clean down. Next time it's different , I'll be driving dressed in the afternoon and changing for the Xmas party , then staying over to dress for breakfast so at last we can relax and have a drink and dance the night away, can't wait.

Enjoyed reading your entertaining story Helen. Kudos for enjoying what became a very long day, and thanks for sharing.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Helen,
    I'll be driving dressed in the afternoon and changing for the Xmas party , then staying over to dress for breakfast .
    Teresa,

Spending the evening dressed, then being able to go to sleep in a nighty and then wake up and prepare to go out enfemme once again is just such a great experience. Enjoy!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Theresa,
    Agree with Helen 100%. The only thing that's better than having a wonderful evening en femme, wearing a nightie to bed, have breakfast en femme and another day en femme is doing it all over again the next night (rinse and repeat!)!