Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer or Winter

Summer or Winter ?

As those of us in the Southern Hemisphere head towards summer it got me thinking to whether I prefer going out when its hot or cold.

i have been out in quite a few different cities, once in Chicago where it was below zero and one time in Sydney when it was 30c (90f). There are pros and cons of both.

Pros
    Summer - shorter skirts, opportunity to show lots of skin, thin light clothing options
    Winter - opportunity to wear more items, coats cardigans etc. better ability cover of any male features

Cons
    Summer - melting makeup, need to be smooth allover
    Winter - have to cover up, heels on ice

I guess as an Aussie I would have to settle on summer, although i love the opportunity to wear layers in winter and put on more items of gorgeous femininity, there is something about going out and feeling the air on my exposed legs that I just love. Thats why San Fran is my favorite place to go out never too hit never too cold
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Wearing a wig when it's hot out just plain sucks.

I choose autumn.

Covering up in wintry Chicago..... Like now!!!! is great and I love it.

Going virtually naked in the world like Florida..... Anytime, is certainly my preference.

I do prefer the warmer weather but you do have to look after your appearance more.

In Chicago's winter everyone is to conscious of slipping over on the sidewalk.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Have to go with summer. I hate freezing cold and god willing won't ever live in an area that gets snow again. I can do the Las Vegas winters but it's more like fall in an area like the north east.

I prefer cooler weather - the heat does me no matter how I dress

Definitely prefer Autumn and winter to the hotter months.

I much prefer the warmer weather in general but since I'm closeted and shaving is not an option for me the cooler months allow me more opportunities to dress.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Being new to going out I've only experienced Autumn weather, but like the fact you can cover up a bit more, and a scarf hides a multitude of sins!, plus that cold air feeling on your legs, love it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Winter, more to pair and add on. Tights, suede, leather, etc.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Live in chi, winter of course!

Mark me as preferring to dress in the fall and winter.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I am slim enough to where I can get away with wearing just one layer of clothing, but I prefer fall/winter anyway, I prefer long sleeve tops, sweaters, jeans and boots, and darker lip colors.

I can still wear the long sleeve tops and jeans in the summer but not so much the boots or darker lip colors.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Autumn, Winter and early Spring for me. Once it starts to get hot long sleeves and opaque hose just look wrong and wearing a wig becomes a bummer!

Far prefer Fall and Winter clothing (even among my male clothes)
    There is so much more that can be done with layering, sweaters, fabric choices, shoes. A lot of great options that don't work in hot weather.
    Then again, in summer you can show some skin/leg, and the up skirt breeze is always a delight.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

In guy mode I love summer, but for cd'ing, layering up in winter is better. Maybe if I lose a few pounds I will prefer the summer all year round.

Winter, Autumn, and early spring for me! My lilac dress everyone said they liked (and I like) is a sweater dress and not for summer wear! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I prefer fall, winter or spring. I do not care for the sweltering heat & humidity of the Midwest summers. I do love fall colors and fabrics. Not being slim like Dolovewell (show off ) I need all kinds of shapewear, which tends to get a bit warm.
    Sara

I like the autumn weather the best. However, winter is nice in the south and spring is also. Summer is very hot here and no hose and show as much skin as possible to keep cool so that is kinda nice also. Like shorts and skimpy tops. Yep all year is nice and has special clothes.
    Part Time Girl

Being a queensland girl I'd have to say summer, I love wearing a nice floral summer dress with strappy sandals, yes it is hot with a wig on but that is compensated by the warm breeze you feel under your skirt.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    can i say fall ?? I like everything about it, the leaves, trees, and the weather is perfect ...and also the fall fashions...boots and leggings, lots of layers, scarfs, beenies, light jackets...once winter hits i cant wait for spring...but fall is fun...this year im all about sweater dresses paired with leggings.

Platinum Member
    As Wendy is a beach girl summer is my choise my hair is my own a bought 3/4of the way down my back I love to be tanned. Hair lighted by the sun and the smell of cocco oil something lose and short on ... Yar summer rocks ... Don't get me wrong winter spring and fall. Are cool too ... This beach girl loves the sun walking the beach playing in the ocean ...

Platinum Member
    As the choice is between summer and winter I like Winter. My neck of the woods does not experience really cold winters. Actually, we have two seasons: rain and no rain. I prefer winter because darkness falls earlier which enables evening strolls at an earlier hour. Due to the latitude Seattle/Tacoma?Washington State is located the area actually has almost an hour more of daylight year around than even Chicago. And with more rain fewer people are out too.

Aspiring Member
    I only ever get summer on a daily basis. Wearing a wig and feeling hot (not sexy, haha) is a necessary annoyance. I think many hot-weather garments tend to show quite a lot of skin as well, but it's good to wear airy garments when not snapping photos of myself. On my outings I dressed a little warmer as I never left the confines of my car (and wanted to obscure my shoulders).

I look forward to October every year. I do not pass at all; so later mornings and early evenings gives me lots of outdoor girl time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky Blue, The great thing about the season changes is the wide variety of fashions and shoes

I am a half a world away from you Baltimore Maryland East Coast Mid Atlantic USA
    and we do have extreme highs and lows with Hi Humidity ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!