Thread: Like I was in a play about Me

Like I was in a play about Me

I had a magnificent day/evening yesterday at home during passing in-climate weather.
    I dressed in my long blue dress, dolled up a little (not too much makeup) for a rare day to relax around home with the Wife. I know she accepts and tolerates me running about in a dress. We have polite limitations (where/when), but she's never been "enthusiastic" in the least.
    But we had a great, comfortable day together. Made dinner. Drank wine. By the evening it wasn't even apparent to me or her that I was dressed in women's clothes.
    This morning we were talking (again). She asked about "how I felt" being dressed up last evening. I tried to describe the satisfaction and joy I derived from the clothes. It's all about The Clothes. I related how, in my femme persona, I felt a sense of grace. I was at peace.

And as I continued to grope for a way to describe it, I "stream of consciousness" blurted out " It was like I was in a play about Me." I said it without much thought. It just erupted from the (sub?)conscious. I wasn't even sure what it meant but it seems to make a bit of sense.

Have any of you, when attempting to understand how and WHY crossdressing makes you feel the way it does, ever thought of yourself PLAYING A ROLE, maybe even in your own "play". ?

LongBlue-Standing tall in all [closeup crop]forum.jpeg ME IN THE INSPIRING DRESS (above)
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Ilene, what a lovely dress! Yes I have felt like I was role playing for a while then I realized no, this is your life!! I have accepted that Lana Mae is my feminine side and is just my feminine side and is really me! OK, it is hard to express! There is only one me with two aspects-one is Harry the other Lana Mae-one male and the other female! And no I do not feel like a female only feminine. OK now that I totally confused everyone...Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Not playing a role, but being what I am supposed to be. Does that make sense? Incertainly do feel the peace you mentioned.

To be honest I think I felt more like I was playing a role before I embraced me female persona. Now I feel more like myself in both my roles.

Hi Ilene! Hmmm... your post really makes me think. In fact I sometimes over-think about my situation when I really should state the obvious (kind of an Occam's Razor moment). Get to the point Sarah

For me, I often notice I feel like an actor in a play in my male life... ooh I should share this conversation with my therapist

It is an interesting thought

Banned Read only
    ILene,
    Like me you have denied and hidden for a long time, when we're given a chance to explain the femme side of us, our brain is still sensing that confusion, I'm a guy talking about a female part of me, it is almost like an out of body experience until the two come into balance.

To me it's satisfying an inner need , it just feels right to express those feelings. The reality does catch you out sometimes, it's turning cooler here in the UK, so lighting the woodburner takes on a slightly different feeling when you step out to fetch the fuel and feel the cold breeze where you're not use to feeling it !

The play is called my life, and I play the role of a normal guy. AFAIK, no one else knows that I'm just acting a part whenever I'm with them. Like an undercover cop, or a secret agent, I immerse myself into my part as 'standard issue male'. And get better at it the longer I practice. But it's all just an act.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

As RuPaul famously said, "We're born naked, and the rest is drag."

I don't see myself in a play. When I dress it just feels right, like I am wearing what I should be. If that makes any sense...

Teresa:
    You have a lovely perspective as someone who has experienced it too.
    Thanks. Snuggle up to fire dear. Enjoy.
    v/r
    Ilene

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ILene,
    Like me you have denied and hidden for a long time, when we're given a chance to explain the femme side of us, our brain is still sensing that confusion, I'm a guy talking about a female part of me, it is almost like an out of body experience until the two come into balance.

To me it's satisfying an inner need , it just feels right to express those feelings. The reality does catch you out sometimes, it's turning cooler here in the UK, so lighting the woodburner takes on a slightly different feeling when you step out to fetch the fuel and feel the cold breeze where you're not use to feeling it !

Honestly, no, I have never felt that way. For me, dressing is being me, an extension of my personality. When in a dress or full attire, I wouldn't describe it as it just feels right; more like it feels good.

And btw, you look good and happy in that dress

You know, I always felt that way too. I was Ilene and Ilene was me. My Femme Side was Me. I never even had a female name for my "other side". ILENE was a construct in order to have a Forum name. (Frankly, I've come to appreciate and enjoy "Ilene" as a form of CD shorthand). Never even thought of my Femme Side as another person or identity (living inside me?). I always knew my female persona as my Male Name.
    That's why it caught me by surprise when I blurted out the thought about being in a play. Yes, I'm me. I feel good as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy23 View Post
    Honestly, no, I have never felt that way. For me, dressing is being me, an extension of my personality. When in a dress or full attire, I wouldn't describe it as it just feels right; more like it feels good.

And btw, you look good and happy in that dress
    Last edited by IleneD; 11-24-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    You know, I always felt that way too. I was Ilene and Ilene was me. My Femme Side was Me.
    Oh, well then, it seems I may have misinterpreted something here my bad.

It's how I first described it-I was playing a roll and wanted to do
    The best job I could( my excuse for shaving,tucking,makeup wig etc. at times I run memory movies with me dressed up and if the outcomes would have been different.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I think that I can relate with you. Sometimes, I feel that I am in a play about you.

I am an actor, so I know what it is like to be in a play. And, in my opinion, it is easier to play a character than to do real life.

A truly interesting analogy Ilene. So much so, I'm still thinking about it. Thanks for sharing.

Karen

I don't just get that way en femme. Whenever I'm in an outfit I really enjoy, I get more theatrical and animated. Maybe it's from the confidence boost?? Who knows. XP

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahSerene View Post

For me, I often notice I feel like an actor in a play in my male life...
    Bingo! I spent most of my formative years reading behaviors all around me and pretending without feeling it inside. I used to call it The Mask.

Still do sometimes.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilene, Oh yea, every time that I open the closet door I am an actor getting ready to go on stage for a great performance......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!