Thread: The Christmas party......

The Christmas party......

Nervous and excited about a party I am going to tomorrow.....

I have made every effort I can to prepare...yesterday I had my eyebrows done to the max...today was a full body hair removal...well ok...not everywhere but you get the picture..!

Spray tan is applied for overnight and I have a salon appointment tomorrow for my hair and make up

I have chosen my dress and shoes and bought a new clutch ....so all is as good as it can be...
    The choice of going "au naturel"with my own hair is a difficult one I have put all the effort into looking my best knowing that my wig offers a more feminine appearance but my own hair is me and is cooler and well ....just easier I guess.....I will probably make a call on that one at the eleventh hour when I see how it looks...hmmm...there are way too many things to consider but at least it is taking my mind off all the new people I will be meeting...gulp...!

Only one thing left to do.HAVE A GREAT TIME :-)

have fun and let us know and get pictures for the memory

Sounds exciting! Enjoy yourself and let us all know how it goes.

Good luck -- I hope you have a great time. I understand the angst about the hair -- I have to make that choice often. Over time I've come down more consistently on the side of using my own hair because it's me. The thing about a wig is that it feels like disguise. I also note that when I'm out and about in my own hair people know who I am instantly. When I'm out in a wig they often don't recognize me right away.

One thing you might look into for another time is a "topper." which is a hair piece that clips in on top and (hopefully) blends in to give you more hair where people who have been through male puberty need it -- at the font and back; lowering the front hairline and covering the bald spot. You need to go to a wig shop and get a professional to help fit you out but they're pretty cool when you want a little confidence boost without feeling like you're Lon Chaney.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Have a great time - sounds like you have planned things thoroughly and you will look lovely

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Have fun! Hope you share pics with us

Banned Read only
    It sounds as if you're going to have a really great time. The description of your preparation suggests to me to go with the wig. I went back and looked at your picture postings. You really look very feminine with shoulder length hair. I did see one posting of you with and without a wig. If the goal is to present a total illusion of a woman, then why present any hint of a male? Or maybe you're hair has really grown out since the posting of your male side?

You'll be just fine, beautiful, and most importantly happy! It sounds like you've prepared very well and if you missed anything, no worries, that happens to women all the time. Enjoy!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

You are ready, go out there and do it! Hoping you have a wonderful time and we will see the pictures! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hope you have a great time!!!!! I know you will look fabulous !!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Thanksgiving is over so I guess the Christmas parties can start. Have a great time!!!

CHRISTMAS PARTY - A night to remember

The events of the day were a mixture of stress...frantic dashing from one place to the next and a blast at the party...with a certain Jessica Jayne crashing out in an apartment in the city at 4am...tipsy but in good spirit and in tact...!!

The day started ominously with me breaking an acrylic nail trying to open the car door to take my son to his Saturday Morning fencing lesson...not a good start ...and resulted in a frantic call to the nail tech to resolve the problem...luckily for me she was working and told me to pop in after my gym session...so...child 2 dropped off ...onto the gym for a work out....my PT was coming on the night out with me along with my training partner so we chatted and giggled our way through a grueling session before I got chance to pop into the beauty salon at the gym to repair the damaged nail...20 or so mins later all was perfect again and my set of French nails glistened in the summer sun....aaargh all was good in the world...

So gym and nails finished I picked up my son and drove the hour...! back home before quickly loading the car with my overnight bag, evening dress and pretty much everything else including the kitchen sink....

Back to the city I raced to the salon where I got to take a shower whilst one of my girlfriends was having her makeup and hair done, and then at last I got to sit in the chair and be pampered...I was knackered at this stage and was happy to just relax and let the hair stylist do her thing ...how I wish I could do what she does and to think she makes it look so easy...anyway long story short she made the best of a very average canvas and I was left feeling so pretty and special it was lovely.

I then went to a friends apartment in the city and dropped off my gear (enough for a three month stay)before enjoying a glass of bubbles and chatting about the night ahead...

The party was a real success with the event being staged in a lovely French themed room with a balcony overlooking the street below where one could retire for some fresh air and bit of peace and quite to talk with friends away from the noise of the party.

The food was ok ...not great but ok...and the drinks flowed...and flowed ...and flowed....

By 11pm I was up dancing...this may not sound that unusual ...but it is seriously...I don't dance ...ever...ever... and if absolutely forced to in my younger years..the truth is I look like I am being tasered..!!

But inhibitions had long left and whilst it did nothing to resolve my lack of dancing skills I just didn't care anymore...!!

It is probably worth saying at this stage whilst everything went super well, on my arrival at the party I did have a mini panic attack...I suffer badly from anxiety and I had to take myself away for 5-10 mins calm myself down and represent to the party...I mention this because whilst it was lovely to let myself free and mix with friends I am still very much in the process of accepting myself and this was the first outing on the town without my wig...it would be easy to pretend that everything goes well all the time but even those more experienced in presenting in public can and do have moments...

The party ended at 12 midnight but Cinders was just getting her party mood on ...we had progressed onto shots by this time...I'm a little embarrassed to name them as its very rude...and if I am being honest they tasted horrid...but I was with my partners in girl crime so felt obliged to join in ...erm hmm honest...!!

Anyway we left the party venue and went to the "mars bar" a gay club in the city, it has all members of the LGBT community there but is actually a very popular hang out for straight girls who are looking for a night out without being pestered ....

I had decided that going to the club was a good time to put my Jess wig on , just because I am so much more easy to recognize from the male perspective with my natural hair

So we hit the club...and basically danced the night away....nothing too scandalous happened although I did find that men would come and dance with me on occasions but , that's not my style and whilst I was polite and smiled there was never a danger of a mixed message being received....

At 4 am myself and the gym girls crashed at the city apartment....the night had been a great success and enjoyed by all ...roll on the next one..!!

Below are just a few pictures of the dash to appointments ,the pre party results and a couple of the early morning descent into oblivion...!!...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...attach/jpg.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nigella; 12-07-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Edited to merge with original thread

it sounds like an amazing evening, you look great, and those are some brave little eyebrows

Sounds like it was a great night out. Thanks for sharing!

It sounds like you had a fun time except for the nail getting broken. Every gal needs a place to relax and party. You are lucky and look fantastic.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds like an exciting experience! Thanks for sharing your story and pics

.......and your own hair looked good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for sharing. It gives the rest of us some inspiration to explore our feminine sides in public.

Way to go Jessicajane you look great and happy and so do your co-workers .so cool !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Jessica, you look fantastic....!