Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What came first, the.........

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

What came first, the.........

What came first:
    A) the sharing of your crossdressing with your SO, family, or friends

Or

B) walking out the front door and into the eyes of the public.

If "B" was your answer, do you feel regret for sharing your crossdressing with total strangers before sharing with the people that have a place in your life?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    A. For me as I told her early on, I was not fully involved into my dressing at the time but I did share with her my enjoyment
    of wearing panties

My wife passed away before I really started dressing. When I started, I discussed it with my daughter and she did not want to see daddy in a dress. Actually seeing me dressed would be Jennifer and Holly at my transformation and other than pics here no one else yet!! Oh, my daughter had to see the pics and really has not commented! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Does the "sharing" have to be intentional?

Because everyone in my immediate family found out at various points even as early as my pre-pubescent years.

Definitely A came first. I, with much trepidation told her before we got married. Best thing I ever did. She wasn't all that surprised (female ESP or did I tip off ?) she is now totally supportive. B...yes, I go out both enfemme and underneath. Because of local issues, I've never told anyone of my dressing...a total social disaster. I'm happy with my supportive wife and my wardrobe.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes for this thread it has to be intentionally shared on both cases. I would like to read the posts of where the person had the choice whether to share first with people in their life or with strangers. Would be a great to see someone set up the similar question but being found out on different terms.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 11-25-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Banned Read only
    Chantal,
    I don't share my CDing with the family but they all know, that came before going out the door to meet other members of the TG community.

My family don't wish to share my CDing so I have to do it with strangers who have now become friends. I do regret I can't share it with my wife but it's not stopping the enjoyment I now get from it.

Definitely "B" for me. I was out and about for years and never told my mom, with whom I shared the house. (No SO, though.) Only a couple of my male mode friends know about it, but I also have a whole separate group of people who know me only en femme.

- Diane

B, But it was so mild that it doesn't really count as a true "outing" (full outfit with makeup/wig) I have done skinny jeans, jeggings, yoga shorts. One night i went outside in jeans and a womens shirt with panties and a bra. It feels like walking into the mouth of a sleeping shark. I may have looked fairly normal as a male, but in my mind i was super weird. I can't even begin to imagine how high I would feel from trying to pass in public.

I think A will come first in the context of B being a true outing wearing a full outfit,

A definitely, boutique owner who was very helpful and supportive. My spouse was second very supportive and them talked to my mom who sent me into a turmoil with her idea tha I needed a mental Doctor then it just became a dadt situation. No interest in revisiting that situation. I'm at peace.

It's Door A for me.
    In fact, it may have opened the door. I believe since "The Coming Out", I've only become more emboldened.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

A for me first shared then went out. In fact first time out was with the person I shared with :-).

Aspiring Member
    B. SO and what few family members who have expressed their opinions reject the idea firmly even without knowing that it applies to me. Why ask for an opinion when their policy is well known?

Most, if not all, strangers are too busy with their own lives to be concerned with this part of mine. This I know well from experience.

Going out came first for me. The way I see it, I had to discover the person I was before I had information to share. But even so, it took years before I shared it with my family for all the usual guilt and self-loathing reasons. It was only after I saw "her" in the mirror and realized I needed to bring her out that I started getting serious and it was only after getting serious that I felt I should tell anyone. Now I pretty much tell everyone.

I'm very sympathetic to closeted people because I lived that way and remember it clearly. I totally back the message that out is better, but I understand the fear.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

A for me, although so far I have only shared with my wife (she was still my fiance when I told her). We went out once since then but it was on our honeymoon, so while it was out, it was with complete strangers we are unlikely to ever meet again.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

A before b for me, eons ago.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm afraid it's B for me, I've just started venturing out, first steps so no contact with anyone yet. Not the ideal situation but that's how things have worked out. My wife will find out eventually, that is if she doesn't already know....
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    None of the above. I had to first share my CDing with myself after trying to figure out why I had all of those thoughts and desires in my head. I had to get Me to accept it first. And, that was really tough. Self doubt, shame, multiple purges, useless therapy. And along the way there were the failed attempts at gaining acceptance from SO's. Ex wife pretended to get it to build up divorce data. In-betweener was more accepting but, it just didn't work out. Wife, DADT and IDWTSI. So none of these were ideal. Daughter, total acceptance. Public? Well, I really don't care what the public thinks as long as I'm not harassed. So, where's the most acceptance? Well, It's right here in cyberspace. Maybe someday I'll climb out of my comfort zone and meet some of y'all in person.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

(A) for me, I told me fiance so that there were no surprises. Part of our agreement was that I kept it at home (other than Halloween). Since she passed away, I have and still do go out as Nikki. I attend church, do some shopping and other normal things dressed.

I guess A, when I told my parents that I would like to be their daughter instead of their son and they told me that I needed help because I had a sickness...so I hid everything. And, in the 70's when I told my fiancé about wearing women's clothes but couldn't answer why I wanted to. She wasn't all that happy but back then I thought I could power through and not do it any more. Now, all these years later I know the truth.

It's B for me. My wife only found out recently and we are currently working our way through that. I do regret not sharing with her sooner but I hadn't dressed for years when we met and I thought I was "over it".

B - if I wasn't confident with being a female in public, then I would have just continued being a man.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

B for me, but my first steps out were with 2 other Tfriends, so they were the first to share Bec's first outing, but within minutes we were talking past dozens of people, none of which I am glad to say knew me.

I have no regrets whatsoever If I could travel in time, I would do the same again.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    B for me. My parents did not except my crossdress. So during my school years I crossdress more out of the house. A combination of joining the Navy, growing too tall for a girl and getting married to a beautiful women, meant I took my crossdress largely off the streets and now share it more with just my wife.
    Last edited by Jane G; 11-27-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Chantal, Only my wonderfulWife has known about my dressing for almost 53years now......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!