Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What came first, the.........

Mostly B with some A for me. I was sneaking out the house and going for walks fully dressed with full makeup at age 16. My mom saw me dressed as a girl on several occasions when I was in my teens (she bought me my first wig ) and still has a picture of me from then. Told my wife just after we got married ( after we had been to a Drag Show ) The rest of my family have seen pictures of me dressed up mostly Halloween shots, never talked about it with them but I think if you dress up more than a few times for Halloween they might have an inkling that you might have a passing interest in dressing. Most of our married life was spent raising a daughter who is quadriplegic and needed care 24/7 so dressing was something I did whenever I could grab the time. Now our daughter and son are no longer living at home my wife and I are starting to go out to Girls Night out events in our area and making friends with other girls and their wives. My wife has embraced April even more after going to our first event. The old saying " better late than never " really is true in our case and we intend to make the most of it while we can.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

B for me a long time....
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

No regrets, the life I was leading was well away from family and close friends.

Yes, my wife found out before we got married.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

For me B. At 14 didn't feel anyone would understand it. No I don't regret it.

Unless you count going out on Halloween dressed fem a time or two, then it's A for me. My wife is the only person I'm out to.

It was always an A for me. But went through so many relationships that went sour because of my gender fluid state. Now on my current SO it was A before we ever went out. Now she goes with me everywhere.
    Part Time Girl

A for me as well. I could not have gone out the door without her support and guidance.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    B for sure.....and I have no regrets LOL...seriously though..I am completely "out" to everyone now, but there was/is a time and a place for everything....slowly I let those close to me know as I became more comfortable with myself, and my situation. I took the time to explore this world by myself before making any decisions, I attended support groups, and transgender conferences to learn all I could about what was going on with me to make sure I knew what was going on and also to learn of others situations...when all my ducks were finally lined up in a row and had the experience, confidence and knowledge that THIS was EXACTLY my TRUE identity, then it was time to let mom know