Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level Up

Level Up

During Thursday night I went to the mall since there was a special sale. Since it was Thanksgiving I thought that people there would be dressed formal, but I think that was not the case. For that reason I decided to dress formal and sexy, I used dramatic makeup, a very short skirt, high heels and black tights. Of course I attracted a lot of attention, more than usual, I really felt nervous even when I have been in that mall many times before. It was my first time wearing closed toe stilettos in public, which made me even more noticeable due to the look and the sound of the heels while walking, I have used high heels shoes many times, some of them boots, or open toe heels, but I had never used high heeled, closed toe shoes (which are not any kind of boot). I bought them many months ago, they where the second pair of shoes that I had, I only used them once in my apartment for nearly two hours, before they killed my feet, I almost didn't walk!, I was just sitting all the time and they hurt, so I thought that maybe they did not fit well. At that time I was almost sure that I would never be able to wear them, I never thought it was just that I was not used to wear high heels. In the following months I bought more high heeled shoes and I went out with them even when I could barely walk. With practice I got used to wear them without problem excepting that pair of shoes, I never tried them again until last Thursday when I felt confident enough and thought that it was a good opportunity to wear those shoes to enhance a formal look. When I returned to my apartment after almost 5 hours wearing them, I could not believe it. My feet were killing me, but was nothing unusual, I could wear them such as I wear any other of my high heeled shoes, I did not think that I would be able to walk so naturally in them, so yeah, I think I had a level up. Girls, do you have any similar experience?

I include a picture of that day where you can see my shoes. Thanks for reading.

IMG_20161124_233550151.jpg
    Last edited by Valery L; 11-26-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Lovely outfit Valery!

Beautiful as always Valery! During my recent flying-pretty adventure, on the return flight I wore black pumps with a stiletto heel with black pants. I had worn these shoes out before (to dinner), but had never done a lot of walking in them. So yeah after my trip my feet hurt a little bit, but as you experienced, not much more than usual.

One thing I did find though - while I felt very practiced in these shoes wearing them around the house, on carpet... once getting out to an airport and polished floors, I could feel the heel slip once in a while! I had to tell myself "Sarah be careful!" I loved wearing them though.

I did notice the sound of them clicking got me more looks! I wasn't seeking any attention - I think men are just conditioned to that sound, like a dog going to point . Me too I suppose - but for the added interest of wanting to check out the shoes!

I went out on Thanksgiving evening to Target (in drab). Looking around while standing in line, the outfits were so tightly distributed between two groups it was almost comical! Women were either wearing sweaters/leggings/boots with nice hair/makeup, or they were shopping practically in their pajamas I thought "so this is how everyone dressed at their Thanksgiving dinners..." I did notice some cute boots, plus a style I am interested in - thin legwarmers inside the boots but showing over the top, and maybe with a pretty accent of lace or color. I'm on the lookout for how I can add that to my look.

Sarah

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Valery L View Post
    ... I thought that people there would be dressed formal, ...
    Really? You thought people going pre-black Friday shopping actually dress up to do battle at Walmart or BestBuy for crap they don't need? I know hindsight's 20/20 but I think regular eyesight would have caught that one.

Yeah, I think most black Friday shoppers dress for battle, not style. That being said, I certainly have not "leveled up" yet but I'm working on it. You look great as always Valery!

Yeah Valery, I have a pair of heels that do hurt if you wear them out. But all my other heels do not and I can wear them anywhere. so for the heal that hurts I bought a ballerina slippers that I can fold and put them in my purse. Then I can put on the heels at the function and that would be a good solution for those heels.
    You looked nice and might been the only girl there like that so you got a lot of attention. I have seen GG's dressed up to go get something in a store for a party or something and they were well dressed and they also got a lot of attention. I guess people don't get to formal anymore but you did your part. Maybe next year as they saw you and said to themselves that wow this girl did that and looked so nice. Perhaps next year I will. You may have started something.
    Part Time Girl

As usual you look great!! No, here they were casually dressed. Mostly in jeans and tee shirts. Noticed the boots are coming out now! Some dresses and a few skirts with sweaters. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Really? You thought people going pre-black Friday shopping actually dress up to do battle at Walmart or BestBuy for crap they don't need? I know hindsight's 20/20 but I think regular eyesight would have caught that one.

People looking for deals id say don't go out wearing there best

Pretty in Pink

Yeah, black Friday here in NC the girls were out in jeans, skirts with leggings,
    riding or western boots, tennis shoes, sweaters, etc..

I agree. Just look at how women dress when out shopping. They are not dressed to the nines for sure. If you want to blend in, you need to dress down. If you want attention, wear a short skirt and heels. Pretty simple. And stay out of Walmart unless you want to appear on the people of walmart site.

Was that put-down really necessary? I call that a 9 out of 10 on the Snark-O-Meter.

Valery penned a sincere and well-intentioned post here, and you decided to crap all over her. She hasn't been around the block for as many years as you have and is still a relative newbie at this CD/shopping en femme game. Besides, she hails from outside the US as far as I recall, so maybe she is not as familiar with the cultural (?) norms prevalent there as you are, so cut her some slack.

Not cool, not cool at all...

Word for word what Leslie said. Hugs, Michelle

Thank you Leslie also; I agree that was not kind...

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Thank you girls,

And for Jennifer. This was my second Thanksgiving, but the last one I did not go anywhere, so I should say it was my first Thanksgiving, so yeah this experience was new for me. I assumed that since Thursday was the thanksgiving dinner, at least some people who was in the mall that night would be well dressed because maybe they just had their dinner or was was about to have it, if I planned to go to the mall on Friday instead, I would certainly know that nobody would be well dressed. And finally, if I went there overdressed, what is the problem?, who cares?, I loved how I looked and based on the good traits received that day, certainly other people liked it too.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I understand Valery's reasoning, but it doesn't hold true because it seems many GG's will usually change into more-casual attire before they do their Thanksgiving Day shopping -- or they didn't get all dressed up to begin with.

Found out the hard way, I suppose. But no biggie.

And yes, red *will* attract attention, no matter who's wearing it. As do skirts & heels & hose, regardless of the setting.

Finally, I believe many who do this Thanksgiving Day / Black Friday shopping stuff probably typically don't do it alone -- especially a younger female.

I went out Thanksgiving night as well but I was in guy mode, and felt over dressed in jeans and a camp shirt. As long as she was happy and had a good time and found good deals that's all that really matters.

Add me to Leslie, Michelle and Jamie's responses. A lump of coal for J.
    Valery...you look beautiful. And big congrats on the success of your venture. You are correct...it's your and our choices what we decide to wear whether staying in or going out. Here, the shopping dress mode appears to be very very basic-casual which occasionally causes a dilemma for me to blend in. Sorry, I love makeup, hose, heels, skirts, cashmere sweaters, jewelry, etc.

Platinum Member
    Hi Valery, You look very lovely even if you didn't blend in......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You look fantastic Valery.
    Love the outfit and the shoes.

Wow, you look fantastic, Keep doing what your doing and rock them shoes till the heels are gone.

Silver Member
    Don't mind the naysayers. If you want to get dressed up to go shopping, go for it. I have gone shopping dressed up with hose and heels (not anything that short, but I don't have very nice legs.) I have had stares and second looks and whatnot but no one bothered me and I had a good time.

Amazingly, not everyone on Black Friday acts like an animal. I go every year and I have never seen anyone behave like the idiots they show on national TV.

I have seen a few GGs dressed up on Black Thursday from Thanksgiving. Granted, very few, and never in heels that I can remember, but no one bothered them.

Banned Read only
    Love the outfit! You look great. When most of the other GGs are dressed casual while out shopping, and I see a GG dressed to the nines, I love it. So why shouldn't we be
    able to do the same thing? If you got it, flaunt it!

Very gorgeous Valery!

Reality Check
    Why is everyone dumping on Jennifer. She did nothing but post her opinion (and a valid one in my opinion). Is this becoming one of those "safe places" where everyone avoids the truth because it might hurt someone's feelings? What good is that?

Are we here to learn and help each other or just to hear compliments when they aren't sincere?

Valery looks very nice but not for shopping on Thanksgiving day when the sales are on and people are pushing and shoving to get the bargains. As much of a temptation as it is for some crossdressers to take it over the top with outfits, shoes and makeup, it's far better to dress like the other women if we want to be viewed as one of them.

Yes, there's no law against it but you have to be ready or the consequences. And if you post that you expected people to be dressed formally at the mall on Thanksgiving, you should expect to hear about that as well. I would consider that a "pink fog moment".

Lovely appearance, welcome to the world of high heels. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.