Thread: Beaumont society

Beaumont society

Hi has any one in the U.K. Had much to do with the Beaumont society is it any good thanks

Hi Jessica I am an Essex girl too and recently joined The Beaumont Society, I find them very helpful and supportive, I have booked with them to attend the 50.s weekend in March, if you want PM me and we can chat

Hazelxx

Do goggle search and you will see an explanation of the society, it costs £35.00 a year to join other than that I know no more.

Ok thanks I might look into joining

Hi Jessica, altho' I am not a member of the Beaumont Society, I have just attended their last Rotherham autumn event. The society have been going for 50 years, and whilst originally being seen as a sort of TG WI (with their dress rules etc) have come into the 21st century. They still have strict rules and will not tolerate Fetish dressing at their events. They are probably, the longest, serving of all the TG groups here in UK; lots of local groups are allied to the BS. They do a lot of work campaigning for the TG community.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Thanks I'm a member now but haven't had a chance to look through yet

I have been a member of the Beaumont Society for around 20 years and found them very helpful. Initially it was just being able to chat on the phone to the regional organiser. I went to the Rotherham weekend in 2007 but have not managed to get there since. I am hoping to get to the Harrogate weekend in 2017. Not allowing fetish dressing is very reassuring. There are two levels of membership, digital and digital plus quarterly magazine posted to you. The digital is around £36. The website is very similar to this one.
    I find it difficult to actually (I haven't managed it yet) set up a meeting up with anyone just by "being friends" on the website. Meeting someone at the Harrogate weekend who lived nearby and who I was "friends with" on the BS website would be a good outcome.
    There seems to be both young and older members on both BS and CD it is amazing that I do not feel an "oldy" on either site. BS has lately become much more TG centred and has said above it does have a role with talking to institutions such as police, education etc.