Thread: Dover Pride : Saturday 28th August 2021

Dover Pride : Saturday 28th August 2021

Hopefully a sign of the gradual improvement in the pandemic situation....

Dover Pride have announced a provisional date for their 2nd Pride event: Saturday 28th August 2021.
    Last year the event was inevitably cancelled, but the inaugural Pride in 2019 woz a great day.

I hope that by August it is able to go ahead safely and look forward to meeting some of you there. I will add more specifics when they are confirmed.

So good for you and Dover Krea!
    Do you belong to a local social club that is in the parade?
    We are still waiting for Chicago to announce our Pride Parade, usually the last week in June.
    The city has a F2M TG mayor so we are wishing for the best, it will not be cancelled again.
    My social club Chi-Chapter along with the Chicago gender society have a float in the parade, we were 14th in the line-up in 2019.
    Since 1969, the parade began as a demonstration from the incident incurred at the Stonewall Inn in New York's Greenwich Village.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I finally contacted a TG/NB group in nearby Canterbury/Ashford last year, but have not actually met anybody yet due to pandemic restrictions on meetings. Some of them usually go to the various Kentish Pride events, so will hopefully meet them there.

I am on a diversity committee at my work and there is discussion about having a voluntary gathering of staff at local Pride events. I am not officially "out" but i think the "tells" are starting to mount-up, especially in the last year. I reckon plenty of my colleagues have worked it out for themselves by now....

Hopefully the situation will allow you to gather for your Pride event in Chicago this year. It sounds like a grand occasion.

The Pride march at Dover will be from 1100 - 1145, followed by a gathering at the Roman Lawn from noon - 1600.
    Last edited by Krea; 07-24-2021 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added sentences