Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night out in Dublin 😉

Night out in Dublin 😉

So went out in Dublin with my sis her man and my gf. Was a nice night out apart from over hearing a random guy on the street say to his friend that's a man was the first time I ever experienced any comments. But whatever I thought and kept my head up then I got inside the bar and a couple of other cd' ers were in there again first time seeing someone like me in public. Anyway I was kindda shaken up about being talked about and was kindda paranoid for a while but I was fine. Thought I'd share. Will post some pics of the night out soon but in the mean time I got a new lace top and some new makeup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Quote Originally Posted by xNicolex View Post
    Was a nice night out apart from over hearing a random guy on the street say to his friend that's a man
    Well I wouldn't have made you. Not that I am especially looking around 'checking' so to speak.

Glad the rest of the evening worked out nice tho!

I don't know how anyone could clock you. You look amazing and very femme.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

I agree with Sarah's comments you look very feminine and pretty. Beautiful makeup and clothes and i would kill for those brows. Hope you had fun despite the comments.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

Nicolex, if you look as good that night as you do in these pictures, I do not know how he clocked you! Do you know and is it something you can fix? You look lovely and I love the lace top!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I understand it must have been frustrating to hear that. But the longer you dwell on thinking about the moment, the worse it will get. You have the support of really close people and that is important.

You look absolutely stunning in those photos! Had I seen you like that, I too would have thought you were a beautiful woman

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Looking very beautiful Nicole, as always!
    Awesome the night went well.
    I visited Dublin when I was stationed at R.A.F. Mildenhall in England.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

+ you were with your girlfriend and he was with his friend, ++ you got a new lace top and some makeup, +++you kept your head up and had a good time, thank you for sharing that it not always rosy out in the wild but if you keep your head up it will work itself out....dont be too paranoid cause by the pics you did share you look lovely and im jealous of the makeup job you have....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    Nicole, this is where I think it's really empowering to accept that, as cross dressers, we're not fooling anyone. Those who look at a cross dresser will see the man. One can look great (and your makeup is flawless by the way) and still be seen as the man underneath. Women are more than a face, in fact, there are a million more things that tell us who is who. And that's ok. If the bar is passing as a genetic woman then you and I and all cross dressers are doomed to failure. My wife once told me that I was a good looking woman but the man still came through. If you can embrace that, you'll never give a second thought to a comment. Glad you got out and had fun.

Nicole you look really convincing! Especially your eye makeup and eyebrows.

If it helps, being read used to really bother me too, but it gets easier as your confidence grows, and you've got a look that could carry a lot of confidence! As a side note, I went to the mall today in fact. I am sure I got read by some, and some probably said the same thing behind my back. I also got a lot of friendly looks, smiles, and a few hello's. The key (IMHO) is to have the confidence to smile (or smirk, if they deserve it, as long as you are in a safe place) and to own it. With your look, you are already totally owning it!

I don't know how anybody could clock you. You look feminine and pretty.
    Part Time Girl

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth a billion. And in-person is worth a gazillion.

IOW, perhaps one can pass in a photo, while still get clocked quite easily in-the-flesh. Sounds like you've learned that, Nicole. But, it happens -- for a million different possible reasons. Heck, one could pass one minute with one person, and then get automatically read the next by someone else.

Welcome to the club. No one is immune.

Nice pics, BTW.

Now about dem femmy eyebrows, which I can get only if I use a certain trick (and which doesn't appear that you used)...

As one who could never look as good as you, passing comments and whispers are common place to me now but with confidence and knowledge of who we are gets us by. A little paranoia is a good thing when out and about and you do look lovely, please be safe.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

You look great. I am glad everything settled down and you had a good time. Who cares what some stranger says anyway? You are doing what is right for you.

You look beautiful and sexy. Possibly your voice or movements give it away. You and Valery make me so jealous!
    Hugs, Ellen

You look great...Dublin was lucky to have you
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Aspiring Member
    We tend to post our pics that show our best female attributes. Looking at these I see a genetic woman. You look great! Good for you for carrying on with your night. As long as you and your group had fun that's all that matters.

Omg Nicole,you really look fabulous. Love the top and your hair is amazing. 😊

You look beautiful. It is hard to believe that someone read you. However, based on your pictures I think that does not happen very often, and if it happens, who cares as long as you look stunning.

You look great and your gf goes out with you dressed - life seems good from my perspective

Same here, I wouldn't have picked you out by your looks, which are very nice. I'm glad you got over it and enjoyed your trip out. Oh, and a very lovely blouse as well.
    Last edited by Barbara Black; 11-29-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Reality Check
    You certainly look like a female in the photos and you look good. It's impossible to tell from a couple photos if someone really passes. For all we know, you might be 6' 4" and walk like a lumberjack.

Each time we go out we have a chance to learn what we are doing right and what we need to improve. Do you have good hip and butt padding? The lack of hips is a sure sign of a man in a dress. Of course your walk and the way you carry your arms is a hint as well.

Anyway, as long as you had fun, that's all that matters.

I remember being sprung for being a man once.....

It wasn't until I was asked about one of my girlfriends by this guy...

"Is your friend gay? He really makes a great girl.

I like short sighted men. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nicole, judging by your photos, that guy was doing really well to clock you - you look very pretty and feminine. Of course, appearance isn't everything. I wonder how many times any of us have been in a similar situation but haven't heard the comment - times without number I should think.
    There is not one sure fire way (apart from not crossdressing in the first place) of not being read and that's to not go out. We all get read, some more often than others. Sometimes we know that we've been read because we hear a comment, most times we're unaware. I've honestly got to the point where I don't care what strangers think of me. I do care about how they behave, but not about what they think. Hold your head high and go for it!

You look fab Nicole and very convincing. Perhaps it's not so much how you 'look' though.
    Sometimes how we act, or how we look to see if we have been made that gives us away sometimes. I don't subscribe to the head up and smile at everyone philosophy as it's not what real girls do. I love people watching and will quite happily sit in a shopping centre with a coffee and watch the world go by. Girls just get on with things. They focus on what's in a shop window, or occasionally push their hair behind their ears. Walking, standing, posture has a great deal more to giving us away than anything else. If you've sorted wide shoulders, height, big hands, long arms, and wide jawline then you are pretty much there. From the photographs - you have! We all get made sometimes, it's not nice, but your confidence grows, you put it behind you and blend

Anna