Thread: Any advice on a new crossdresser?

KayLynn

Any advice on a new crossdresser?

I'm a man that works out and I'm completely straight. But I love girl's clothes and I love to feel pretty once in a while. I'm a manly man most of the time but I also love to be feminine and dress in pink clothes. Whenever I'm alone in the house I put on girly clothes and feel like a woman. Any advice about clothes I should buy or any advice?

Banned Read only
    At 21 and dressing at home there are no limits, dress and have fun, if you want to be out and about that's slightly different, but again at your age you can take a few liberties and have some fun.

If you dress in private there are no rules. Wear what excites, comforts, or satisfies the most.

As the others have said - if you're doing it at home you can do whatever you want since nobody will know - if you're wanting to go out and about I would suggest do it in another town/city? At least just for the first few times maybe, just because if you're wanting to be discreet about it you don't wanna risk bumping into somebody you know.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Just go with the flow, you'll soon find out what works and what doesn't for you. At your young age there are few limits, get a few items, try them and take it from there. If you're going out don't make it too 'girly', Im sure you have a pretty good idea already of what your typical GG wears.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I would say go for what you like. For example, I really like skirts and pantyhose or tights; therefore I build my wardrobe around them, look for what goes together, and what does not in terms of colours, style and fit.

I believe you come across many women, friends or acquaintances alike, on your day to day life; what about looking at their outfits and styles and consider what caught your attention the most? Maybe then think about going shopping.

Many retailers have e-shops as well, that may be a good place to start, and see what they have to offer before you venture in the store. Here I would make a suggestion. Go for capsule wardrobe, buy clothes that go well together; for example, having 12 articles of clothing can net you several outfits that you would be hard pressed to exhaust. And here's a personal favourite of mine: try Pinterest. It is a nice tool for gathering ideas, including fashion. Might give you some ideas on what to put together. Hope this helps

Only 1 bit of advise.

Enjoy it - it's marvelous. It's wonderful. Take from it whatever you need. There is almost no limit to how much you can enjoy BEING YOU.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wear whatever you like and Lucy made some great suggestions.
    No need to explain to us your sexual preference just because you like to wear female clothes does not mean you are gay.
    Crossdressing and sexual preference are two vastly different things.
    Welcome to the forum.

Lucy had great ideas! Most crossdressers are heterosexual. If you live alone, you can wear all the pink clothes you want! The sky is the limit. Welcome to the forum and do some reading and you will learn a lot! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Shopping at thrift stores is a good way to save money while you figure out what you like. If you are uncomfortable trying on clothes in store, some of them let you return items that don't look or fit right.

Banned Read only
    I agree with Exris - enjoy it. It's fun, exciting, sensual, and now much more accepted...Go easy on the makeup and don't over do it. Keep it tasteful and modest so you don't look so much like a guy in a drag queen parade on Bourbon Street. Watch professional makeup application videos. They are all over the place on line. Also buy a kit of application brushes for application of makeup and the smoothing out of lines - especially with the eye make up. I even use a brush to smooth out my eyeliner after the application of the liner....Scarlett

KayLynn
    Thanks for the advice everybody! But if I won't ever go in public in girly clothes and if I do buy some girly clothes I'll ask my mother to do it. I still wanna keep a manly image but if I get a girlfriend and move into a house together then I'll start wearing girly clothes more often. If she don't care. I feel like I should stay in the closet bout this. I appreciate the advice. I'll try out Pinterest too.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Have fun with it

If you're really interested in make-up, watch make-up tutorials on YouTube. They're educational, but also usually pretty relaxing to watch. I like to watch them after work to unwind and maybe learn a few new tips and tricks while I'm at it.

Reality Check
    My advice is to simply read the threads and comments on this forum. Then decide what you like and what you should buy. Don't buy a lot of stuff before you figure out what you like and what looks best on you.

Read what others do here and follow the bouncing ball.

Try and experiment with makeup, deportment, clothes and mannerisms.

You will have fun discovering yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Barb,

Welcome to The Club. It's good that you joined EARLY, and came here to learn the ropes (or straps, lingerie, dresses, makeup, etc.)
    Let not your soul be troubled the least by your interest in feminine dress. I wouldn't be a whole person, - yes even a whole man - if I didn't engage, honor and enjoy (now) my inner female voice.
    As for being a "manly man" ..... Aren't we all? I'm tall [6'3"/ 215 lb], athletic for my age. My man-card is fully punched. If you're young and trim as you suggest, you will love the way you look in a dress. It's the most amazing feeling.
    The Forum is a great place to learn, not only about HOW TO DO make up, dressing, creating the illusion (I love that part); but also how to manage your personal relationships with respect to your newfound attraction to The Greatest Clothes On Earth. You will find that "your secret" and whether you want to be "out" or not will be an important part of your hobby/interest.
    Be prepared (I wasn't). It's contagious.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Buying female clothes isn't a hard thing to do and its part of the fun or rush if you want to call it that.
    Real men buy clothes for their wives/GFs all the time so like I said its no big deal.
    Does your Mom know you like to dress in girls clothes?

KayLynn
    Yea. I told her but she don't care. My dad still don't know. I'd rather not tell him cause I don't want him looking at me different. I just want things to stay the same in my family.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Hey girl, Congrats on your newfound appreciation for the color pink , although I am not one for following the rules I believe on "Wensdays We Wear Pink"..
    .but seriously...
    good for you, just have fun with it, explore, and discover. One thing I would mention is this isnt a race, gals are all at different levels and stages, some move so fast they explode into pink fairy dust, or get lost in the pink fog, others try to rush out the front door feeling they need to "catch up" to others, do what makes YOU feel happy and confident, and comfortable and move at your own pace. There is no finish line.

Another piece of advice...Dont purge your items, there may come a time when you feel that this isnt for you anymore, and that is ok...just do your best to simply hide your items because 9 times out of 10 that feeling to dress again will return, and you will have to start all over from square one again I think we all pretty much have done that at some point and we all regret the purge...just hide them in your tool box or something LOL...

Explore with your dressing and do what feels right, kudos to you too for accepting this side of you and not feeling guilty because of it . Go with the flow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Hi Barb, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home,

What ever questions that you have there is a 99.875% chance that one or more of us will have an answer for you.

The main thing about Crossdressing is if it feels good then just do it, in time you will find your niche......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    YES, here's the advice, don't lift to get a muscle man's body, exercise like a woman would do to train your body to look feminine; lingerie and girl clothes will look and fit much better on it. Ever seen a muscle man in bra and panties, YUCK.

I'm a man that works out and I'm completely straight.

One thing you'll learn by being on this forum is that the vast majority are straight, married and with kids. Yes there are gay CD'ers but if for arguments sake 10% of all straight men CD, it's likely 10% of gay men do. Equating CD'ing to being gay is something many of the muggle do and it's a falsehood. Also while some look to transition, to undergo hormone therapy and even gender reassignment surgery, the vast majority simply enjoy having two aspects to their lives and do the man things like every one else. Don't get hung up about it.

As for what you buy as others have said if you're confining your dressing to the house you can please yourself. If what you see in the mirror floats your boat then go with it. If it's your goal to go out then there are rules that while not compulsory have been drawn up to make the journey into the muggle world as safe and as enjoyable as possible.

Dress your age.
    Look to see what GG's your age are wearing when going about their normal daily lives. 5" heels and a miniskirt in the middle of the afternoon in a grocery store will get you noticed.
    Dress to suit the location for that time of day. Heels in a nightclub or bar in the evening is not unusual. If you're 6'+ and in 5" heels however be prepared to be noticed.
    Invest in decent forms and wigs. Bum and hip padding are also well worth the investment.
    Watch and learn. Observe how GG's move and behave. Walking like John Wayne in even small heels is somewhat of a giveaway.

And as others have said, it's not a race. Take your time and learn as you go. Ask questions of those here, you'll find plenty of sage advice.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by BarbarianInHeels View Post
    I'm a man that works out and I'm completely straight. But I love girl's clothes and I love to feel pretty once in a while. I'm a manly man most of the time but I also love to be feminine and dress in pink clothes. Whenever I'm alone in the house I put on girly clothes and feel like a woman. Any advice about clothes I should buy or any advice?
    Have fun with it!