Thread: Back to wearing dresses

Silver Member

Back to wearing dresses

I haven't worn dresses for the most part in years. Where I live dresses are for special occasions. It is a very casual lifestyle. Anyway, since I received several dresses from my gg friend purged her old wardrobe to me I found a couple T-shirt style dresses. The other night I had one on and looked down and saw my bare legs. It reminded me of what it looked and felt like to wear skirts or dresses. Of course slips are gone today as are the nylons. But it was a nice remembrance.

Yes, sadly, it is rare to see dresses and skirts in our community especially now that cooler weather is here. Slips and definitely nylons will never go away in my wardrobe. Neither will garter belts, girdles, or shapers. I've never "lost that lovin' feeling". 👗👗

The is a city nearby to me that I like to go to when dressed en femme precisely because skirts and dresses are a lot more prevalent and I get to dress up and yet still blend. it's a wonderful feeling.

Reality Check
    Yes, dresses and skirts have gone out of fashion except for "dress up" occasions. When I was a child, girls wore dresses to school. Not anymore.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    To me nothing more feminine then a pretty dress, even a sun dress or just a causal dress are just so nice. Since it is unusual to see women in dresses out in public unless they work in a professional type job I don't own many myself, just
    not many places to wear them. Summer I will wear a sundress and my nice summer skirts but dresses are rare for me.

Yes, I burst out and wear a dress on occasions, silly I know, but I feel self concious sometimes when wearing a dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Out in my local city center recently I was observing GGs, as I do. At least half were wearing skirts or dresses, and a large proportion of them had tights of some kind. Quite pleasing really as that is just what I wear.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It depends on where you live. InTexas lots of women wear skirts and dresses. I seldom feel out of place in a dress.

I guess I am the opposite. I enjoy wearing a skirt or dress and wearing pants just seems so wrong.
    Amanda

Sundays here is dress and skirt day! I did see a female teacher with elementary school children and she was wearing a skirt but with bare legs. It just looked wrong to me! No stockings/pantyhose/tights!!! Out of twenty or so GGs I see one or two skirts or dresses a day. Sunday it is almost the opposite! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I only love dresses!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I hope dresses come back in style. I have too many to give up on them. I remember when I gave up on my 1980's narrow necktie (but I only had one).

I don't understand how you can not wear dresses because they are 'out of style' or whatever. Just the sensual nature of wearing them, along with garters etc. is enough for me to 'have' to wear them no matter what everyone else is doing. I shiver just thinking about them clinging to my body, especially walking and moving about.

Reality Check
    We can wear anything we want (even a tutu) in private. When we go out in public, unless we want to make a spectacle of ourselves, we have to conform to what the women around us are wearing. That's how you"Pass" or "blend".

Around here dresses, skirts and tights are very common all year long
    Most GGs in dresses / skirts go bare legs but there are quite a few in tights, especially in the winter
    - Dani