Thread: Hoping this catches on.

Hoping this catches on.

This might be a small step forward for cd or at least getting close to the opposite gender attire and acceptance. My wife and I were in a larger town yesterday afternoon shopping and before heading home we stopped at a large Walmart. I headed straight for the sporting goods department and wife headed for the electronics department to pick up some batteries and look at potential Christmas Gifts. Very soon after we both arrived at the different departments I received a text from my wife said come over to the electronics area. I asked what's up and she texted back just walk over here and see for yourself.
    She met me in the main isle just outside of electronics and said go to the electronics desk. I did and working there was a guy. He had on bright red lipstick, long false eye lashes, and perfectly made up face including eye shadow and brows. Just looking at his face you would not believe how gorgeous he was. He also had long red nails that matched his lipstick. Hair was only around his shirt collar. Not long.
    He had on wrangler jeans, boots and a bottom up shirt. I watched and he was helping a lady with a television purchase and some electrical plugs and etc.
    He also wore a Walmart vest.
    I tried not to stare but I thought this might be a bet he lost but probably not as he was very sincere and was very helpful to many other customers.
    My wife said she was jealous in that his makeup and nails looked much better than hers.
    I am so hoping this might catch on and become a trend for all males to look better.
    Anyway this is the first CD I guess I've ever seen out and about and he was not hiding any guilt or acting any different than just being a hard working young man wearing what he wanted.
    I loved it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why would he have had to lose a bet?

Maybe that Walmart allows him to dress that way. They might have an open mind

So I have to ask...what did he do that you knew or felt it was a young man? Name tag? Voice? If the store was good with his representation then is it because he is transitioning to female?

Got to love the story and wish everyone could do as this in whatever their jobs are. Also I noticed you are in Texas so that makes the story even more awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Joyce

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Very interesting for sure and yes Walmart does allow gender expression for their workers. The one I shop at use to have
    a older trans lady working at the check out but I've not seen her in a year or more so just assume she got a job elsewhere

Good for Walmart in TX, and everywhere else too, to support all genders.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

I saw a person at one of our thrift stores, he was very tall and made up perfectly, you could not tell if he was male or female and looked a bit feminine but I think it was a he.
    Part Time Girl

I had a TG or CD cashier at the local Walmart about a couple of months ago. Dressed as a male with makeup and some jewelry. I didn't stare, just talked to him as I would any other cashier. I'm not sure if he still works there or not.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

He should be fired.......for not wearing a skirt and high heels.

its wallmart, why would you question it

Was he presenting female or was it a man being a man in pretty things?
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I hear ya. Makeup just makes sense to me even if you're not cross dressing. It evens out skin tones and covers blemishes. Eyeliner makes eyes pop. It's an art! I get that men want to look "rugged", but for me personally, when I started getting better at makeup I fell in love with the way I looked for once. Part of it has to do with the fact that I have naturally darker rings around my eyes no matter how much sleep I get. The only way I've gotten around that is by putting makeup on, and when I do I feel like my face glows in a way that I'll never get to experience in my every day life. Power to that employee for marching to the beat of his/her own drum.

Banned Read only
    When this happens why not say something to let them know you are also a CD such as your lipstick is beautiful, would you mind telling me what brand and shade. It could start a friendship.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I can see why this moved you. It's validation for all of us. Some guts, eh? I don't think Walmart shoppers en masse are known for their liberal credentials.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Jaylin your last three lines say a lot. Cudo's for this young man dressing so feminely nice and attractive. Don't we all admire his confidence to dress as he wants. Imagine if all CD's had his confidence and dressed as such. Of course this would help acceptance. You mentioned "you would not believe how gorgeous he was", this should be a no brainer, if he looks gorgeous compared to just a plain old guy, WHY NOT LOOK YOUR BEST??? You also said "you would like this to become a trend for all males and to catch on", it makes good sense, men and women share so many things from food, entertainment, vehicles, etc., why not this? Society's acceptance of women wearing men's clothes, females attraction to football a once male viewed sport; why not blended dressing to look and feel your best??? Wouldn't you have loved to have talked with him asking customers reaction and acceptance to him, is he confident and at ease presenting this way, are girls and guys attracted to him?
    Why not a third way to dress for both males and females, masculine, feminine, blended; and for old schools that can't accept, keep your opinions to yourself.

Reality Check
    I'll bet he was the only worker at Wal-Mart wearing makeup.

There's a website "people of walmart" that shows photos of outrageous outfits and such of the customers at Wal-Mart.

I have encountered several "doubtful" looking people serving me at stores.....

I never spill the beans, nor do they.

Had many conscious and lingering eye contacts though.

Yes, I also look "doubtful". :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The hubby and I saw a trans lady working at the mall today at a food store. We ordered and paid, you could tell she was just pleased we just treated her normal. I give her props for working in a place like that. It is a pretty upscale mall...lots of snobs, we hardly ever go in there(we had a gift card). I am pleased that more people are getting out there...f#ck the haters.

If it's a man presenting male wearing makeup then I disagree I hope it doesn't catch on

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    If she is like me, probably just someone PRETENDING to be a Wal Mart employee and offering random advice to customers. I get bored easily.

Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    If it's a man presenting male wearing makeup then I disagree I hope it doesn't catch on
    I don't know. If he can pull it off as well as Cover Girl's new model, James Charles...

r/e walmart employees dressed enfemme etc, I was down in oregon for thanksgiving and as I walked around I saw a man in a skort and also noticed he was an employee took a bit to register but hey if ya can do it why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Marie View Post
    I don't know. If he can pull it off as well as Cover Girl's new model, James Charles...
    That guy Cover Girl model creeps me out

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    That guy Cover Girl model creeps me out
    Why so? Wife and I saw commercial for first time yesterday. I liked it, and thought anything that challenges gender norms can only be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Happygirl! View Post
    Why so? Wife and I saw commercial for first time yesterday. I liked it, and thought anything that challenges gender norms can only be a good thing.
    It just doesn't look right to me. His eyebrows are way too big, for example. I just don't see the point. It's called CoverGirl, not CoverPeople.

I am not really into challenging gender norms anyway. In my opinion people either present male or female. I am not really a big fan of the blurred lines.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34