Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here a Misogynist?

Quote Originally Posted by Valery L View Post
    Actually feminists are funnier to read and see, in a very bizarre way. To start with, you can check the news about the snow-plowing system to benefit women (and affect men consequently) due to feminist policies, which as expected, was a total failure that caused a big chaos in Stockholm, that is only a hint about how funny that people can be. There is also the famous interview to a feminist claiming that air conditioning is sexist, really, they give a lot of material for a good comedy. There are tons of other examples, and of course strong arguments for a good debate. However, I am sure this is not the place to do it.
    Is this the snow ploughing story: http://www.thelocal.se/20131211/snow...r-equal-greens? Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, I mean presumably women pay taxes in Sweden, why should they get less access to this public service?

Here's something about the apparent overwhelming-burden-to-men failure this policy resulted in: http://www.thelocal.se/20161112/stoc...-snow-clearing. So some pollies blame it, others say it's just the usual heavy snow.

The sexist air con: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/sc...lame.html?_r=1? Surely it makes sense to revise thermostat temperatures if they are based on an old formula that presumed men were the workers?

I'm sorry, these aren't bizarre stories at all, it's kind of what you'd expect in a society that acknowledges basic equality... Women aren't getting preferential treatment in either of these cases.
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom - Anais Nin

Banned Read only
    Reine,
    Thanks for bringing this thread back on track , it was beginning to go way off course . I must admit I would like to hear Redtea's answer .

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Tracii, I agree. In fact I saw the entire feminist process as I am old enough. They do hate men and get right in your face.
    Nice to just group all feminists as men haters, which is far from true. But that shows some misogny by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Valery L View Post
    According to what feminists and the politically correct society considers misogynist, I am guilty as charged and proud of it, I even doubt that someone here, excepting gg's, is free of that label.
    Interesting point.

As I look back on my life - I know for certain (I was there!!) Iv never knowingly repressed any woman. In fact back then I would have described myself as a supporter of women's issues and advancement.

Now I am older. And a telling thing... have only 1 child. A DAUGHTER.

I was genuine in my earlier thoughts. I never saw a reason why a woman should not succeed. But now as a parent of a girl, I see that my "casual assumption it will get better" isnt enough. Iv had good opportunities in life, and mostly took them.

I want her to get the same. She is far more dear to me than my own crappy existence - this matters to me. Society will not change overnight - but whatever I can do I will do.

I hate that after 34 years of marriage my wife wont wear a dress even for one hour/minuet!
    I think a woman looks so incredible in a dress but, I guess It's cause I'm a man.
    I think most woman wear dress because they know men go GAGA !
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 12-03-2016 at 07:42 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I didn't mean misogyny in the feminist definition.

I have misogynist thoughts but at my core I'm still a good person.

I don't hate all women, just the ones that string me along age 18-24 but don't actually mean anything by it.

I honestly have more respect for prostitutes than the girls who do this crap to me. In fact, I love prostitutes I should go see one and talk about life and play a few rounds of twister =)

Woman first, Trans second
    For the record, misogyny is not a feminist word, and it's not a word with an alternative "feminist definition". It's just a word, with a definition. Feminists work to combat misogyny, and more broadly, the negative impact of the patriarchy. Both men and women feel those negative effects. Every CD here suffers under misogyny and patriarchy, even it's the internalized sense of those things that they also hold and help perpetuate.

Judy and redtea... Wow. Just... wow.

On one hand, I suppose I should thank you for making my point even clearer without me having to go spend 20 minutes quoting posts. On the other hand, I weep for the women in your lives.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Redtea, Misogynist thoughts or is it hurt feelings you struggle to deal with? There is a difference. Many people that are hurt romantically feel angry at the other person. In my opinion it is impossible to have misogynistic thoughts but still be a good person at your core. A misogynist looks down upon women, believes they are inferior and views them with contempt and as combatants. If those things are true IMHO it is not possible to be a good person. You are one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by redtea View Post
    I don't hate all women, just the ones that string me along age 18-24 but don't actually mean anything by it.
    Then you're not a misogynist. You just don't like being treated poorly, like the rest of us. I don't like being strung along either, and I dislike people who behave this way.

Misogynists have a dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women. All women. Not just some women who don't know how to behave like adults.

Earlier, someone mentioned females on the internet who are misogynists because they call other women sl*ts or wh*res. This isn't misogyny either. They just don't like the particular women they are insulting, likely because they disagree with their politics. I don't think these females have ingrained prejudices against all women, else they couldn't stand living in their own skins. lol. When my boys were growing up, they used to call everything they didn't like "gay". This didn't mean they were homophobic. They have good friends who are gay. Over time, words like sl*t, wh*re, gay, etc take on a more general meaning to describe things that people don't like. I personally think there are more descriptive words, but people who are limited to this type of language are likely younger or they don't have an enriched vocabulary. Using those words is more about expressing their inner frustrations with political views or actions they disagree with. People who use these words don't generally feel contempt for an entire class of gender or sexuality.

Feminists: as with everything else, there are the extremes, or at least their political discourse sounds extreme. But even the more extreme feminists have men in their lives I'm sure they love. I think that most feminists are simply like me ... they expect full equality with men, they respect the men who feel the same way, and they try to set straight the men who don't feel the same way.

Yes, of course there are men who dislike women and vice versa. But I should think this represents a rather small minority of people?
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-02-2016 at 01:00 AM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Then you're not a misogynist. You just don't like being treated poorly, like the rest of us. I don't like being strung along either, and I dislike people who behave this way. Misogynists have a dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women. All women. Not just some women who don't know how to behave like adults.
    I think it's important to understand the motivation for their statements. I may be projecting, but I've heard the kind of statements he made from a lot of "nice guys", and in those cases it absolutely comes from a place of resentment towards women. I may be wrong, but history and tone lead me to strongly suspect that a lot of those women who are "stringing him along" actually see him as a friend, and he resents the fact that taking the time to be superficially respectful doesn't entitle him to affection and sex.

Yes, of course there are men who dislike women and vice versa. But I should think this represents a rather small minority of people?
    I wish it was a rather small minority of people. I think that the number of men who say directly and deliberately hateful things towards women are a minority, but the number of men who say things that express their resentment, devaluation, dislike of women in more coded ways, sometimes subconsciously or without realizing it, are far from a minority. Especially here.
    Last edited by Zooey; 12-02-2016 at 01:29 AM.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

I know someone whom I consider is misoginist. My ex-neighbor. He's a large man with a powerful build. He's very aggressive. He is rich and he is accustomed to always getting his own way. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even if it means trampling on someone else. He is respected by the men in his life (I rather think they fear him) and he is quite jovial with them. But he constantly patronizes women. He doesn't hide the fact that he thinks he is right and no woman can possibly ever have knowledge or an opinion that might prove him wrong. He thinks that women are indeed inferior to the male sex. He thinks they are physically, intellectually, and emotionally inferior. Always. And when he does see a woman perform at a task that impresses him, he thinks this is rather a good trick. It's cute. Like "Aww, look at the way she handled that chainsaw". It's patronizing. This is what I consider is misoginy.

Yes, I'm sure that men do indeed engage in all sorts of locker room talk that serves to mock women or treat them as sex objects. I believe they do this to posture, to establish their pecking order among other men. But I bet that 90% of these men go home to their wives, daughters, etc and they love and respect them. They consider their opinions. And I don't think they are putting on an act when they do this.
    Reine

gawd I love when people start debating definitions and they really have no clue what the word means.

To the OP mi•sog•y•ny (mɪˈsɒdʒ ə ni, maɪ-)

n.
    hatred of or hostility toward women.
    Or
    an extreme dislike of females, frequently based upon unhappy experience or upbringing.

I suspect you are speaking of the second. It seems extreme. While I have seen hostility to women here, hatred hasn't been common (I don't even remember anyone hating women). As far as people (note I didn't say women) messing with your mind at 18-25 years old...get used to it, it's what young immature people do for power.

OK, now let's stay the course here...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Earlier, someone mentioned females on the internet who are misogynists because...
    It was regarding misogynist comments -- not misogynists, per se.

But your rationalization of it is akin to walking a slippery slope, you realize.

I think that most feminists are simply like me ... they expect full equality with men...
    Careful what you wish for.

Anyway, anyone know of any good feminist forums? Because I hear that's where all the discussions about CD'ing are taking place.

Sorry Laura ... I don't understand the rationalization and slippery slope comment. What do you mean?
    Reine

This discussion is making me tense. I think I need to see a massagenist.

I'm wondering why I would hate what I would like to be?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Lorileah,
    I have to admit I did look up the word to get the correct definition , it's a pity more didn't do that, they appear to be disputing their own definition and not the true one.

Zooey,
    I resent you inferring we all hate women because we have a bias as CDers, I treat everyone as equals , to like someone more or less because of their gender is totally wrong.
    To be truthful I've probably hated more men than women only because I refused to be bullied by anyone, and that's usually down to men.

Nicole, I agree. The thread was tenuous at best. Seems the OP was venting on a certain woman (or subset of women). Now, we all know this happens frequently with SOs here but now I think this is less associated with CDs. Shall we try again. Let's keep this related to transgender (in the broad sense) people and being misogynistic or having been victims thereof
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I hate to ask, but what is a Misogynist?
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    An expert in Japanese seasonings.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-02-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yurs

see number 37 above. The OP seems to be using it in reference to anger toward a woman or several women and then it was taken to the feminist agenda version
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

Lori, it's all down to the interpretation of that definition. I believe that a callous disregard for or devaluing of women is a form of hatred, dislike, or bigotry towards women, aka misogyny.

If you're a woman posting in this thread, you're either flogging a dead horse or preaching to the choir. Learned some stuff though!

Gold Member
    Kate, I have to say after all the years here, if you "want to be a woman", why aren't you transitioning?

But further, we know from watching all the people that come through here, there is no one way to be a crossdresser. Just to bring an example to some of this, there are some that go on about how their wives don't ever dress up and don't look as good as them. This is a great example of misogny that we often see here. It does show in many forms. So can a crossdresser be misogynistic? Absolutely and it isn't as uncommon as some may think.