Thread: I welled up and went with it. Weird!

I welled up and went with it. Weird!

I went to a toy store today. I was wearing a black, knee length skirt, a gray and black blouse, off-black pantyhose, and short heels. I do not wear makeup, or have breasts. I present male while dressed pretty.

I shopped around the store for a few minutes. I asked the owner for help. She happily walked around the store with me and talked with me about her products. I was shopping for my daughter. I related a story about something thoughtful my daughter did. I "choked up" or (welled up with emotion). Sometimes, I get choked up with emotion when I talk about kind actions of people. It is annoying. I get choked up and I cannot get the words to come out of my mouth. Sometimes, my face flushes. It is embarrassing. I normally try to disguise it.

This is the first time I have ever welled up like this while dressed pretty.

I thought something like, "It's OK, I'm wearing a skirt." I smiled and put my hand to my chest. Then, I worked my through the moment and finished what I was saying. I did not try to hide it. The woman was gushing about how sweet my little girl is. She did not obviously react to my emotion.

I found my instinctual shift in this really interesting. Obviously, I have gotten past a lot of my macho hang-ups. But I have never ignored the "instinct" to be embarrassed about being overcome with tears before. It was kind of neat!

Joey
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Joey, yeah we get that way sometimes and you managed a great recovery and it worked out well. The SA probably saw the emotion but acted as though she did not and thought you got chocked by the pride of your daughter which she has probably seen before.
    Part Time Girl

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Altho the way I dress doesn't change my emotions, I find happiness/kindness makes me weepy.
    Sadness/unhappiness doesn't.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I've always cried easily, but it's got way more pronounced since embracing my inner femme. Romcoms - oy, I'm a basket case.
    I used to have a short attention spa