Thread: I Wish I Could Have Been A Playboy Bunny

I Wish I Could Have Been A Playboy Bunny

I know it would have been hard work but I wish I could have at least had that option.

Author Gloria Steinem widely known feminist, wrote a book about her experience as a bunny working at the Chicago club. Table serve is very demanding, however being a model must of had it's moments as well. To be born with the physical attributes that people find attractive does have it's psychological benefits. To actually be the centerfold must have been a experience not shared by many.

I tried on the outfit once, just wasn't my style.

I still have the costume, an early 60s one in black with white ermine trim I believe.

Worth $2,000 at last valuation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Could never happen. I look more like the energizer bunny!

Keep the fantasy. I was married to a bunny in the 70's and it wasn't all fun and games (but good money). The outfit is tight, the upper part pushes things up more than usual and the bodice doesn't give. Now add stiletto heels. Now do a 6 hour shift in an era where these women were considered sex objects. Where touching was allowed because it brought you more tips. Where your "hutch mother" often undercut your hours or took some of your wages and tips just because she could. Where every night you were inspected and if you had gained weight, you could be dismissed. The "bunny dip" was because you could not bend.Try it with a tray of martinis. The costumes were property of the club but you paid any damage. The tails at the time ran 25$ (in 1970 dollars). The name tag was 10$ You had to buy those.

It was a fun place to go and we went to bunny parties. They weren't what you saw on Playboy after dark though. There was a lot of illegal drugs and promiscuous sex. Many of the bunnies were associated with people of, shall we say, less than honorable intentions. Not all were though, several were going to school by day, raising children (often as single mothers) and getting Masters and PhDs. By 30 you were washed up. All that said, it was a great gig for the time. You weren't stripping and the clientele was upper class (upper crass more like). If I remember, if you were lucky enough to get a photo shoot it paid 500$ to 5000$. Some centerfolds made more. Several bunnies married money. Most didn't stay married long. You got to meet big name entertainers of the time (especially if you were a showroom bunny) and often up and coming bands in the Living room.

But I agree, the illusion is an awesome fantasy. And most of the former bunnies have great memories. As it was noted, they were good girls acting bad for tips.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,