Thread: Getting back into dressing despite lack of resources

Getting back into dressing despite lack of resources

I haven't dressed or anything in a long time and recently found myself longing to get back into it. I go to college and have three roommates so I don't exactly have easy access to any clothes or much privacy to even dress. (Before I would try on my mom's clothes when I lived with her) I've still never gone en femme in public but I find myself really wanting to. Anybody have any suggestions/ words of advice? I'm in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota if that helps.

You can hide a few items (outfits) at the bottom of a drawer or in a backpack in your closet. MSP is geographically huge so grab your backpack and drive or take public transportation to the other end of town. Maple Grove offers almost anything you want to do. Find a family restroom and change into what you want. Stay safe and go have fun.

Well you've found an incredible resource in this forum.
    Before you pull the trigger and step out the door, I would highly recommend reading through as many threads here as you can. Once you've made at least 10 posts/comments (besides in the introduction area) you'll be able to see the clothing/beauty board as well as the gallery. Read through those. Look up makeup tutorials on youtube and overall just get yourself as prepared as you can otherwise you'll find a rather cold reception should you step out in public.

Good luck. Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Find out if there is a support group anywhere in the Twin Cities area. As an example, we have one here in Grand Rapids Michigan that has three or four changing rooms so people can come in guy and transform, then change back to guy to leave.

Be VERY careful how you proceed with this. Life could become very difficult if you are found out by your dorm mates. Like where would you hide our stash? I might seem exciting to be found out but it could also turn out to be living hell. all depends on everyone else and even then it can change

Although it may seem exciting and fun, some things can be a risk, some can be a high risk. Anything that has anything to do with sex should be well thought out and put in a que for a while before you act. I mention this because you want to go OUT enfemme. There are predators. The will see you as fresh meat. It might seem like validation. It could become dangerous. They are experienced. They know exactly what to say to get you to do what they want. If you pay any attention to the ews you will find a trans person is severely harmed somewhere in the USA on a very frequent interval.

Be careful. Yes this is FUN, but it could become anything but with the wrong decision.

It will be easier when you have that piece of paper, income of your own, and a place of your own.

The best thing you can do is anything necessary to graduate ASAP and get a job. Stay focused. That is the doorway to where you want to go.
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 12-02-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Definitely plan on trying something like that once I'm more prepared. I'm not from this area which is a huge plus. Thank you!!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Luckily I go to a school that has a very diverse and accepting environment so I honestly don't think it would matter if my roommates found out. I plan on coming out as bi to my school but that's a whole other issue.
    I'm working part time now and still have two more years until I graduate so it won't be too easy too soon but I plan on working with what I have until then. Hoping to get an apartment next year rather than living in the dorms, that would definitely help.
    Thanks a lot for the advice on what not to do, if I end up going out en femme anytime in the near future I'll definitely be playing it safe. I'm not from this area which helps a lot. I plan on just buying some outfits and hiding them to start, just since I haven't dressed in forever. I'll worry about passing in public when I feel like I'm ready

Reality Check
    As a practical matter, your chances of hiding the necessary things to dress as a woman from three other people living in the same room are very slim. Your chances of actually wearing these things and not being caught are even slimmer.

Can you afford a storage locker somewhere? Keep the stuff there and dress and undress there. If that won't work, you're going to have to make a friend who accepts your dressing and has a place of his/her own.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Megan, there is always one option- decide to live the life you want on your terms. Many of us take decades to get to that point - some never do. If the roommates can't handle it, get new room mates.

The choice is yours.
    I used to have a short attention spa