Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Catalog that outed me.

The Catalog that outed me.

I started my journey in 2011 february when i boldly ordered my first 3 pairs of panties from amazon- brief, thong, and hipster all black all from LEONISA.

fast forward to today December 3 2016 almost 6 years from my first purchase and LEONISA SENT ME A CATALOG.

I get home from work, and i get a "oh redtea this was in the mail for you, there's some nice stuff in there, it had your name on it"

Mom and her guy friend caught me- Well I don't know how caught I really am so i just remained silent and took the catalog for research purposes.

It's probably going to be forgotten about tomorrow and the DADT I have always assumed existed will continue until I openly talk about it.

Moral of the story, Don't buy panties on the internet unless you are prepared to have a catalog show up randomly years later.

Years ago I used to get my packages sent to my work, because i lived in a not so great neighborhood and had a fenced yard so the mailman wouldn't leave packages on the front porch.
    After awhile I started getting catalogues delivered to my work. I never ordered from any of them, but somehow I got on their mailing lists. Yes I know how I got on them.
    I had to try and explain away why I was getting Victoria's Secret, Coldwater Creek, and I don't know how many other women's catalogues.
    I doubt any of my answers were being believed, nor did I care.
    The girls in the office had fun at my expense, teasing me, every time a new catalogue came in. I know it was all in fun.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Redtea, do not know if you order your clothes on line or not, but do not order from Woman Within! They use pink bags with Woman Within in large white letters! Just thought I would warn you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't make a big deal out of it and it will be forgotten.
    My heating and air repair guy saw my Chico's catalog and a few bottles of nail polish on the kitchen table as I was writing a check for the repairs.
    He said I thought you lived alone but it looks like you have a lady friend now.
    I said nope I still live alone.
    He never mentioned it after that.

You could just say someone sent it to you as a prank.

Silver Member
    It has gotten so most companies sell names to other non competitive companies. On the internet I get popups or display ads for women's clothing and lingerie all the time. The dumb part about it much of the time I've already purchased what I was looking for and could care less. In my case my wife knows so it isn't a big deal.

Platinum Member
    For many years Victoria Secret advertisements came to our home in my name. Our daughter had use of my credit card while she was in college. My wife snatched up the free panty coupons and $$$ off bra coupons. I'll take some of those sexy catalogues coming to my house any day. I'd never call VS junk mail or would I?

I feel your pain, redtea.

I bought a mail-order wig from Paula Young years ago, and they still keep sending their periodic catalogs to my "Clark Kent" name and address despite numerous unsuccessful attempts in the past get to them to remove me from their mailing list.

All I can do now is try to intercept these mailings and toss them out before my wife gets to see them. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, and this additional bone of contention has since been added to the DADT list...

Banned Read only
    Redtea,
    We can tick all the security boxes in Google but our details still aren't private, I think most of us would still get a surprise about how much information is passed on and who to .

Sometimes the little tick boxes are so well hidden it's easy to miss them and that's when the catalogues and Emails start.

I had Emails over several months offering online medication to increase certain parts of my anatomy, and then the Emails started offering me a choice of Russian women as possible brides. Obviously whoever put those two together wanted to make sure I was prepared to take on an athletic young Russian bride.
    I still wonder why they started in the first place, I can only relate it to my some of my searches being recorded, even then I certainly had no need of the medication on offer .

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    I feel your pain, redtea.
    I was going to say the same thing about the wig catalogue. I ordered a wig online from Paula Young and now I get their catalogues.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-05-2016 at 01:05 AM. Reason: no need to quote whole post

I bought some lovely items from a good company (I am not to sure to mention them here but here's a clue David N........r) and despite many requests not to send a catalogue I still get a catalogue every month.

Oh yes Woman Within! They probably don't figure "guys" are buying their goods, my purchases arrive in the bright pink package with my boy name on it!!!
    I'm certain that the postman and UPS drivers know my secret! And that's way OK with me !!!
    Lace and smiles,
    Lisa 👠

You could always submit your mom's friend's name and address to the Victoria's Secret mailing list.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Ordered a wig from thewigcompany.com recently and had two catalogs delivered already. My ex submitted my name and address for catalogs as a joke. But Dress Barn stopped delivering them.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've certainly had many instances of, "So what's in the package?" And even with DADT, wifey doesn't pitch any of my catalogs.

Here's an interesting thought, Redtea. I'm in a marital arrangement that had vows which sort of implies contractual agreements to be the life partner as presented at the time. Then the bombshell of CD shows up. A typical response is, "This isn't what I signed up for."

Now, my wife and I have worked through all of that and civilly reside with DADT and remain married.

But, in your case, you're an offspring. There were no vows or contracts. Only a wink and a twinkle. You are a 'this is what you get' entity.
    So, why the DADT attitude to a parent? Is it a, "My house, my rules!" situation?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Paula Young wigs and Venus send catalogs....fair warning....I dont get why either..its 2016 ....who does catalogs anymore ?

Quote Originally Posted by redtea View Post
    I started my journey in 2011 february when i boldly ordered my first 3 pairs of panties from amazon- brief, thong, and hipster all black all from LEONISA.

fast forward to today December 3 2016 almost 6 years from my first purchase and LEONISA SENT ME A CATALOG.

I get home from work, and i get a "oh redtea this was in the mail for you, there's some nice stuff in there, it had your name on it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Redtea,
    We can tick all the security boxes in Google but our details still aren't private, I think most of us would still get a surprise about how much information is passed on and who to .

Sometimes the little tick boxes are so well hidden it's easy to miss them and that's when the catalogues and Emails start.

I had Emails over several months offering online medication to increase certain parts of my anatomy, and then the Emails started offering me a choice of Russian women as possible brides. Obviously whoever put those two together wanted to make sure I was prepared to take on an athletic young Russian bride.
    I still wonder why they started in the first place, I can only relate it to my some of my searches being recorded, even then I certainly had no need of the medication on offer .
    Redtea,

Teresa's experience in getting what are simply spam or phishing emails could be one way of explaining it away. You bought something online or registered on another companies site and they are part of a bigger holding company who sold/circulated your details.

Like you I used to get catalogues from companies I'd bought femme stuff from. Fortunately they also sold drab stuff so I made sure I bought at least one item from them and that's way I get the catalogues!

A lot of online retailers now offer the option of an online only account so they don't have to send out paper statements and bills. This is what I look for and make sure I tick any box that needs ticking to keep it that way.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

The big problem is the vendors who send out POST CARDS when they have a delay or are out of stock. Just My Size sent me a nice post card, and in nice large all caps letters told me
    YOUR
    SIZE 46B UNDERWIRE BRA
    IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. YOUR
    SIZE 46B UNDERWIRE BRA
    WILL BE DELIVERED AS SOON AS AVAILABLE. EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE IS SEPTEMBER 29, 20XX. IF YOU STILL WANT TO RECIEVE YOUR
    SIZE 46B UNDERWIRE BRA
    YOU NEED DO NOTHING. IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER FOR YOUR
    SIZE 46B UNDERWIRE BRA
    CALL 1 800 XXX XXXX OR SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER FOR YOUR
    SIZE 46B UNDERWIRE BRA.

THANK YOU FROM JUST MY SIZE

Each time, the item was on a seperate line, indicating it was a computerized form letter, and the machine simply types in the item name and number, and then continues the message. It would be impossible for anyone to NOT know what was ordered, or, to who. We are lucky that in most cases, the postal workers really don't give a crap what's in the mail, they have enough to do with just sorting through it all. They also know that plenty of women order clothes with their husband's credit cards when their own are maxed out.
    Fortunately, this went to my post office box, not my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Redtea, do not know if you order your clothes on line or not, but do not order from Woman Within! They use pink bags with Woman Within in large white letters! Just thought I would warn you! Hugs Lana Mae
    I get all kinds of stuff shipped to me. I have female relatives. Anybody asks, they're gifts.
    As far as the VS AND Venus catalogs, I look through them at work. So do other guys. Hot chicks in lingerie and swimsuits. What's the surprise?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am just happy that my SO knows that I do this. catalogs come all the time and how they got started is well beyond me. a lot of them come in her name so I like to tease her about them
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Hi Redtea,

This is an inherent risk of being pretty. Maybe consider joining the mailing lists of say Cabela's Sporting goods or Harbor Freight tools. This might make it appear your pretty catalogs were more random than targeted?

Best wishes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

The first--and last--time I ever ordered parties on line, my SO picked up the mail from the mailbox, clearly marked as lingerie. She didn't know at the time. At least the long years of agonizing about wanting to tell her and being afraid ended. We went through some tense time, and quickly settled on DADT as the only practice she was willing to accept. Did subsequently buy some bras online without her knowledge and (so far) without catalog follow up. In those days I had a feminine email address, since scuttled. Just bought sleepwear online from Soma, during a dense Pink Fog. Maybe that wasn't the wisest choice?

Aspiring Member
    I bought my house 17 years ago, and I still occasionally get junk mail in the name of the daughter of the previous owner, so I've been very tempted to use that as a pseudonym when ordering online.

Years ago myself and a friend would look in girly magazines and fill out forms for all kinds of stuff and send to people we knew.

We would fill in their address for "feminine hygiene products" such as pads, lingerie, clothing,siding, bank loans, etc.

As many as we could find. It was hilarious.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have to second and third the Paula Young wigs catalog. I ordered one wig and now get the catalog every 3 or 4 months. Luckily I pick-up the mail most days. Just hope one never arrives on a Saturday. And I agree, who sends print catalogs anymore in the internet era. I order alot from Spicey Lingerie. Very discreet and non-descript packaging. And they have super-sexy lingerie.

Getting removed from a mailing list, either snail or e-mail, is more difficult than finding your lost sock in the dryer.