Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little 'outing' game ... does anyone else do this?

Little 'outing' game ... does anyone else do this?

Do others ever make a point of 'outing yourself' unnecessarily just for fun?

I have small feet and my wife's are average, I could probably squeeze into her shoes, in fact I probably have on occasion

My wife's favourite boots broke, she asked if I could take them to a shop repair place near my office. I told the SA that my boots were broken and I really like them. He did not bat an eyelid, examined them and gave me a quote to fix them. Clearly not the first guy to ask for his black leather woman's boots to be repaired. I found the reversal quite fun.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Does telling the SA at VS that the bra I am buying is for me count yes I do that every time

I don't go out of my way to hide it; no "for my wife..." excuses, but I also don't make it a point to out myself to SA's. On the other hand, if they give any hint that they know who I'm shopping for, I will smile, nod, or otherwise confirm for them. Obvious exception being the store where I bought my first breast forms. Oh, and the local Catherine's, where the SA was wise the minute I walked in the door. She had the whole decorum thing down. Polite, generic greeting until the store was empty, or nearly so, then as sweet and helpful as she could be.
    And yes, I do enjoy those little "outings".

My wife prefers to try on her clothing at home rather than in the store. Often, I am tasked with taking items back. When asked why I am returning, I always say that it didn't fit. Haven't had a problem yet.

Aspiring Member
    I out myself, unintentionally or otherwise, soon as I make my purchase. As much as I am justified in so doing, I've tried on mostly jeans and sweaters already. Not dresses though - the dress I am wearing in my profile picture was a blind buy that actually fit nicely.

Both of us prefer trying things on at home. I neither flaunt or deny if a SA wants to chat. Most SA's view these as
    business transaction. Yes, I've encountered a few SA's that probably suspected what I was buying or returning was for me. They smile, make eye contact and are more conversational. I developed a great relationship with a SA in Macy's hosiery department. We enjoyed checking different hosiery products. I mostly buy Hanes, but she recommended Hue, Berkshire and other brands. Later, we'd chat about how "she" liked them. Unfortunately, she was transferred to another department and not the lingerie department.

Whilst I do and have worn women's jeans for a while, today is then first time I have been out with nail polish on... If anyone noticed, then they didn't acknowledge it, my wife held a dress up in front of me to see where it would come down to on me today in a fairly busy supermarket...

Silver Member
    When I am shopping for a dress, I make no secret of the fact that it's for me, as I am dressed more often than not. Twice I have taken a pair of my heels for repair. Because it was after work, I was drab. When I entered, I described the work that was needed, and they did it without comment. Who owned or wore the shoes was irrelevant, so I never used words that indicated that fact. However, If asked, I would have said they were mine.

That said, I totally understand those who want to do this kind of outing experiment. Staying in the closet sucks. The only way to live is to be free to be yourself, and this is a good way to test those waters for yourself. I hope you can use this experience, with the realization that this is "no big deal" to expand your personal dressing comfort zone.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I out myself every time I go out dressed in public.

After doing that countless times, discussing buying women's things with SA's in drab has become a non issue for me.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have spoken to SA's in my normal voice several times while out en femme.
    Not sure if that counts or not.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Yes Becky I also outed my self intentionally to see the reaction. The side zipper on my black women's three inch heel boot broke so I took it to the shoe shop to get it fixed. When I went to pick it up I had on girl jeans and hose, I put the boots on over my hose and walked around the shop in them. The female S.A. was a little shocked, she said I thought they were your wife's; nope they are mine. She definitely remembers me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure I do.
    The other day a FB friend I worked with (T filled guy) posted something about being at VS.
    I assume he was with his wife so I just said Nice but not very functional.
    I had 2 of his female FB friends add me saying you seem to know your lingerie and that they felt the same way.
    In the past he would post anti bathroom bill posts and I would always be on the pro trans side.
    If he figured it out OK but he has never said hey are you a tranny?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-05-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    A few weeks ago I bought a new female winter coat, and for the first time I didn't use the 'its for my wife' excuse, I even tried it on in the store. Pretty normal for many but for me a real turning point. Right now I'm on a company training course and have been wearing a very small watch, a bracelet and a nice necklace. People have noticed them but so far no comments.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    I rarely volunteer that it is for me, unless they ask. When I first starts buying things for my self I made up something about being for my wife (before I was married). Now I have no problem letting the SA know it is for me. It seems about half the SAs know right away. Most of the other half never miss a beat and treat me the same as any other customer.
    Sara

If the store has items that catch my eye and the SA seem genuinely interested and nice, yes I am open and honest. I found this makes the experience far less stressful for me and less frustrating for the SA. Usually when you open up the SAs are far more helpful and I believe like the idea of putting a look together for a customer willing to listen. They seem to have as much fun if not more than me. No, I don't think it is commission driven but even so that is OK. if I get negative or indifferent vibes, I don't even bother looking.

some time ago I quit using the usual littany of excuses especiall as I have become more educated clothing wise ,I tell them right up front it is for me and only on one occasion did I ever get a bit of attitude ,which I politely rectified with her ,simply by asking her nicely what the objection was , she replied on religeous grounds, I replied that as god made all of us it is not wrong to be who we are ,she tought about that for a bit cheered up some and asked what else I would like it is fun to come out of a fitting room like at soma and an older grandma type gives you the evil eye or even better some macho guy is there with his wife and gives a wth? look but notice he keeps looking at me when his wife turns away at work sometimes little convo comments with the guys are made and on occasion ham it up a bit (if they only knew) ,but the funniest one was at my daughters and my oldest granddaughter said ,mom grampy has boobs! the son in law was sitting watching the game and I swished my way over to him and said come here often sailor ? ,my daughter was drinking wine and well it went out her mouth ,out her nose she was laughing so hard ,but I do think shhing------ as one day we were talking and she said ,so dad when are you getting the operation??? I wonder what she would do if I came there one day and said guess what I got ???
    hugs phylis anne

One time when I was buying a bra, the SA, obviously joking, said, "You're gonna look great in this." On impulse, I just smiled and said, "I think so too." She started to laugh, but I suddenly I felt the blood rushing to my face. As soon as she saw that color change, her laugh stopped short. She was as embarrassed as I was, and I think we were both glad that I could take my change and my package and quickly slink away with no further discussion.

I think I do this allot actually, while I work around many alpha males, I often just say , yes that is my bra or the like. They laugh it off, I snicker
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Lori and Tricia and sorry for any others I have missed above, this is what I meant, when you actually out yourself when its not necessary to... or make a joke/comment that others would laugh off not realising why you were saying it, but you know.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh yeah I have made comments like I wouldn't wear those shoes with that top after Easter around a bunch of straight male friends I used to work with.
    They would of course laugh and call me crazy and assume I was teasing.

Silver Member
    I have always found women that leave a button or two undone on blouses or shirts so that a glimpse of her bra shows occasionally as she bends and moves. I have been guilty of it. I love beautiful lingerie and delicate bras that contrast with the silk shirt. Seems a waste not to let others take a peak. I'm sure that the receptionist at the doctors office saw it when I signed the log in. And, sales clerks as I signed my credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Do others ever make a point of 'outing yourself' unnecessarily just for fun?//
    Coming to work with eye makeup on after a late night wasn't "just for gun" but I lived. Got quite a reaction!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Im on a works training course, staying at a hotel and in a single room registered in my male name. Room service had been in when I was out today. Just been in the bathroom and found a glass I'd had a drink from last night, with a large and very obvious red lipstick mark on the edge. Whoops!!
    Last edited by DIANEF; 12-07-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    The only time I outed myself was when I bought my second wig. I told the young Asian lady that it was for me. She asked, "are you an actor"? and I replied that I like to wear women's clothing at times. She giggled and proceeded to help me try on several wigs of my choice. She was quite nice to me. I've subsequently bought two more from her, and she remembered me each time with a big smiling face.
    As an aside, I've only ever bought my femme things in drab, and many times I've asked a SA for help or asked a lady searching a sale rack with me what she thought of such and such a garment, or was it a dress or a tunic. That always disarms them, so to speak.

I don't know if this qualifies but I took a skirt that I had torn(stepped on going up stairs)and needed an alteration(new elastic)to the dry cleaner/tailor and explained to the seamstress what had happened while I was wearing it and without a pause she took a measurement for the new elastic and handed me a ticket after she placed my name(male) on her customer list with the measurement for future reference. I was in male mode(clothes and mind) needless to say I now have a seamstress for future alterations. Although I own up anyway some expressions are priceless.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.