Thread: Have you been surprised by this question? If so, how did it come up?

Have you been surprised by this question? If so, how did it come up?

For starters, I am a cross dresser that enjoys wearing woman's clothes but does not wear to pass and currently have no thoughts of transitioning. So where this goes, surprised me, to say the least. My wife and I were in the kitchen preparing to make dinner, I had on a casual top, a black skirt, stockings and 3" booties. She walked by and made a funny comment about my booties. She then banged her leg, causing me to respond "karma is a bitch", she said she will now start telling people her husband also goes by the name Karma. We both laughed and then she asked, "if you ever decided to transition, what would your name be?". I was so surprised, I had never thought about it before. I replied that I never thought about, however, I do like the name Tiffany. She laughed and we continued on, joking every now and then. It was a surprising question to say the least, but while I haven't thought about transitioning, it did make me feel better about our current place in regards to my dressing.

That's such a lovely story. My CD has no interest in transitioning, but I did ask him if he has a female name, which he does. A play on his middle name. You and your wife sound like a very cute couple!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Years ago I attended First event in Boston and sat with a table of other Cders and their spouses. I was with my boyfriend. I was surprised when one of them asked me a similar question, "How long have you been transitioning?" I was actually stunned and replied that I was not transitioning. The response was "Really, you should." That was validating and very scary since I was in a critical moment at the time trying to decide where I was going in my life. As most of you already know, I decided to put Steph in her proper place and stay with my wife and family. It was the right call for all involved. I attached a pic from that evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You don't have to transition to have a feminine name. Some of us crossdressers do, and some don't.
    I like the name Tiffany - it's very feminine.
    By the way, I like your opening. It gives us readers context for what follows. I wish more would do that, especially when it matters.

Reality Check
    That's a cute story but I'm left wondering about her question to you. Was she trying to find out if you plan on transitioning? Was there more to her question than it seems at first? Assuming that you are just crossdressing and have no doubts about who or what you are, I would make sure she knows that you are not taking this any further. It will reassure her that she will still have "her man".

The open communications between you and your spouse is, to me, the best part of your story! I can only dream of beign so open with my wife. She is accepting of my CDing, but not very enthusiastic in her support, which is not really surprising. Be very happy, MandM40C, you won the wife lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by mandm40c View Post
    We both laughed and then she asked, "if you ever decided to transition, .....?".
    I wonder if this isn't at the heart of all S.O.'s who tentatively support their CD husbands (usually in a DADT condition). Is this their greatest fear of having "their man" present in women's clothing? Is it their common belief that CDs (their husband) want to become women? and will leave them without a relationship? Afraid their men will BE women?

Don't know. Just throwing it out there. Since "The Talk" and a few other times, it's been difficult to get The Wife to talk about my CD life (which I enjoy) and where it is going. [as if I knew? but probably not transitioning full time.]
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Great story -- love the sense of humor displayed. It never occurred to me that people do not have a "CD name", it was just one of the first things I adopted when I started dressing. It may have something to do with the fact that I do only dress "all the way" -- makeup, hair, outfit, heels, etc., so I think of myself in my twin persona.

When my wife and I are together and I am dressed, she occasionally comments on my attire or how dressing seems to relax me. She once asked, "Do you think you'd be this relaxed all the time if you dressed all the time?" I never really thought about that and I told her so. Our conversation moved on. I feel - in our case - questions like this are just conversational tidbits with no meaning other than the casting and absorption of words. Perhaps that's the case with your wife.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very cool story.
    I'm not the one to ever transition; however, I would go with Alice D. Bridge.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".