Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has been to a crossdressing conference?

Going to one next May in Sydney.....going on a road trip there and back ...with 2-3 friends ...its time away with them I look forward to more than the conference itself...but it all should be good fun

I'm a bit suprised that Esprit in Port Angeles, WA hasn't been mentioned yet ...however it does happen in the NW corner of the U.S...lol
    I haven't been able to do it yet ,but it looks like a great time ,and has been embraced by the community there. Also it has seemed to grow in events and participation too.
    Definitely on my bucket list.

Gold Member
    While I identified as a crossdresser, I went to Diva Las Vegas. It isn't a conference and is straight up a vacation. For those who don't want to go and listen to a seminar that doesn't apply to you, maybe this is a good option. It was pretty eye opening for me the first time and may have been a part of decision path to transition. But even for those who don't plan on transitioning, it is a great time. About the only part i don't like is there is always a group that wants to complain about how some other person looks. If you can't be with everyone at one of these events, think twice about going. Our community has a lot of variety.

The last DLV i went to had about 160 people which included three transitioned ladies (that I know of), a couple of admirers, one drag queen, and a handful or two of spouses. I missed this last year because of surgery and am debating this year. I want to go, but have to balance different parts of life.

Hi I used to attend the Freddie's Beach Bar meetup's each month Till I moved to Wheeling a bit of a commute now
    Not much CD/ TG activity out here nearest is Pittsburgh

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

I have been to DLV three times. Great fun and very safe.

I have been to three First Events over the last four years, each time spending a little more time there until this year when I will be there for the better part of three days. I just love everything about it from the socializing, the shopping, the workshops and the opportunity to help out by volunteering. But the best part is being Sarah for all that time and completely putting aside my male side while being with friends, old and new.

p.s. My wife accepts and approves that I am going to these events as she agrees that it is an outlet for my need to be enfemme with friends.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

How do you find out about these conferences?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

How and where do you find these conferences?

Redjezika,

One source of information would be the "Events" section of this forum. It is a good starting point from which you can go further with the organizers websites. An example would be First Event which has its own website with most of the details you would need.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Well, it's time for Keystone!!!!

A wonderful event for first timers and more experienced girls is The Keystone Conference in Harrisburg,PA March 22-26 and registration has just opened. A group of us from this forum went last year and even more of us are going this year. In fact a number of us are staying off site a a smaller, but nicer (I think) motel. I worked out a deal on rooms and it is much cheaper than the Sheraton and pretty close by. Sign up for Keystone and PM me if you are interested. It's fun and affirming!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Even if you can't make Keystone, go to their website and you can see a table with other gatherings thru out the year. You may find one you can go to and have a life changing experience.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I'm in the process of signing up for the various events...I'm still working on the dinner nights.
    I'm one of the folks trying the new place with Lisa and Heidi. The price for the rooms was pretty hard to beat.

This will be my third year; I can't tell you how affirming it can be to be with others of a like mind.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Yes, if you want to come out of your shell, go to a conference. Keystone made Steftoday into a superstar!!!! She has really blossomed!!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

All signed up, it will be my 3rd year as well and looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful friends from both prior conferences as well as from this site.

Went to Southern Comfort 8 years ago and while it was generally a positive experience, it was a real eye opener. The hotel was good, but I felt the outside trips were uncomfortable. Since then, I've been to 7 Fantasia Fairs. While SCC was pretty much confined to the hotel, the city of Provincetown, where Fantasia Fair is held, is accepting of trans folk all over town. I would bring one male outfit just in case, but never needed it. If you are looking for a great group of trans ladies, trans men, spouses and friends, I highly recommend Fantasia. Even the police speak at the orientation brunch to let you know they fully support you. It can be a bit expensive, but they do have scholarships to help out.

Dee

at one now in Chesterfield UK

I've been to SCC three times and Loved It!

Funny, unlike some girls here, I thought most of the presentations were for those transitioning and not for just the run of the mill CD. I do remember speaking to one of the wives who worked the conference. She'd spoken about her husband getting hit on at a club. I thought it was a great idea, especially when I got hit on myself that night. Talk about frightened. One aspect of going out I'd never thought of or experienced.

I am looking to get out more, and not locally, and have been thinking of Fantasia Fair. DeeDee, thank you for the suggestion. It helps to reinforce my thoughts on that venue. Then again, I hadn't even thought of Keystone next month and I'll be home from work....